“Two Thumbs Up!”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Howard, PA
“Two Thumbs Up!”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

New owner... staff was very friendly, helpful and professional. VERY CLEAN, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, room included King bed, couch, coffee table, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, desk, dresser, and very clean bathroom with soft, plushy towels. Location was very quiet - no highway noise. Free breakfast was hot waffles, brewed coffee and orange juice. All for under $50... what a bargain. It's the BEST low-price hotel I have stayed in along Rt I-80/90. I will definitely mark it as my favorite.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sparta, Michigan
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Was supposed to get a 20% discount through Entertainment.com. Was not thrilled with the quality/condition of the room, but considering the priced I paid, I thought it acceptable.

My credit card was charged additional 33% after getting final invoice. When I called the officer, I was told that it was "probably" for a towel and washcloth. I could not get specifics as to additional charge.

I added it up and the amount I'm paying between the 2 bills is the same amount I'd have paid without the discount. Some discount! They made up the difference by fabricating trumped up charges.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sparkno
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Horrible Service and Bad treatment
I booked a stay at this hotel weeks in advance after searching for a reasonable rate. I have to say that you get what you pay for in this instance. When I checked in for my 6 night stay Thursday - Wed) I was told that my room would only be cleaned on Sunday and Wednesday. When I got to the room, the air conditioner was broken and leaking all over the floor, the floor was so wet it was squishy. I went down to the office immediatly and let them know. The lady on duty apparently never told anyone because the following night, I went to check on why it had not been fixed and it was not even on the worklog according to the night clerk on duty. I then called the office on Monday because my room still had not been cleaned, was told it would be the next morning because it was not put on the "list". However come Tuesday night, I was still sitting on a dirty room that I ended up cleaning myself (Took out the trash, got new towels etc). When I went to the desk the attitude that I was presented with was outrageous. I was told that their cleaning staff was "Swamped" and while I understand, I also feel that the staffing should have been better if they were that busy. The large black lady that was at the desk basically told me it was my fault the room had not been cleaned because I had my do not disturb sign on the door until about 9am when they started cleaning. When we left for the morning, the cleaning lady was 3 doors down from my room and moving in the direction of my room, she walked right by my room, which at that point the sign was removed and no longer on the door. When I expressed that I was going to leave from the hotel and wanted a refund from one of the nights I had prepaid for, I was told that I could vacate and when I asked for a number to call to complain, I was given a whole new attitude and was told that the sheriff would be called if I did not leave.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank Desaril
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Nightmare. Dirty, musty, we should have just kept driving to Chicago. Even the pool was dirty. Never again, I warn everyone to stay away.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank juju4512
chrisman,illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2008

i stayed at the knights inn for 2 weeks while i was working at the bp refinery. the hotel was dirty, seriously outdated and it smelled. there was people up late at night parting cops where there constantly so after 2 weeks i moved to the days inn and had much better sevice and i called to get a reciept because i had forgot to get one and they told me i needed to come in person and show my i.d. ok i live in illinois, how stupid.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank badt
ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2008

WASN'T BAD FOR THE MONEY , ABOUT HALF PRICE COMPARED TO THE OTHER HOTELS AROUND IT . ROOM HAD A musty smell to it but went away after leaving air on for a while . no shampoo so bring your own breakfast was a cello doughnut or cereal

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — musty smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed March 6, 2008

We stayed two nights in that dirty place during the race because everything else was booked, we should have stayed in the car!Between the staff members which apprently we can't be honest about due to "review guidelines" or our review won't be posted, I'll just STAY FAR AWAY! In fact I would be willing to pay the hotel to NOT let me stay there - its that bad!!!! The nicest thing I can say is our neighbors were nice they actually helped keep an eye on our car - they were scared too(believe me YOU NEED IT THERE!)

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Horrible housekeeping, staff & safety
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JessicaLee55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#3 of 6 in Holland
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland
Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland

Been to Knights Inn Toledo West? Share your experiences!