TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Nature walk

Beautiful place to take a walk. Small wildlife in abundance. Well marked trails. However do not... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Inspire812512
via mobile
Peaceful

Reviewed February 17, 2019
hazmed4
Ohio
via mobile

All reviews nature preserve plant life no pets allowed boardwalk park fen woods dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

The bog and nature preserve is a peaceful way to spend time. It's been really developed over the last couple of decades, that is not a great thing but it's nice that more people get to see what we need to protect from development. I am just grateful that people have protected it . Enjoy it but please be responsible and respectful. Thank you!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed October 1, 2018

I feel like I shouldn't review this park because it is like I have my own little getaway when i walk my dogs. Beautiful woods and awesome trails and usually don't run into anyone after being on the trails for an hour. My own 300 acre preserve right in my own back yard. You can also walk a planked walkway through the bog( I believe it is actually a fen)and learn about the bog and it's plant life but no pets allowed in the State park boardwalk area.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

As with all Jackson parks, the big was safe, clean, well maintained and nice to traverse. The boardwalks allow you to be close with the natural vibe. Lighted parking lots, water and restroom availability made it a good 90 minute spot for grandpa and grandson.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2017

This is a beautiful park, with a very nIce playground for the kids and very nice walking track. There is a gazebo on the pond. Nature all around you. Nice place to picnic with your family or just get away by yourself.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We took the grandkids here, played on the playground that looks brand new, walked down to the bog (or fen). Saw many unique plants but no animals. The trails were nicely maintained and mostly clearly marked. The composite construction pathway right over the bog is very nice. We missed the beaver dam, I guess we will have to go back. We were a little surprised to see a house perched on a hill on the other side of the bog, but I guess you can't stop progress.

Date of experience: August 2017