“BW Mason Inn”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Midland, Michigan
“BW Mason Inn”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Best Western Mason Inn was a little confusing to find, as there was a sign just before reaching the BW for the Mason Inn (which is a low-budget hotel). The room was clean and had been remodeled - mostly. The sink was outside of the bathroom, which was fine, but the bathroom itself was rather dated and extremely small. The water pressure in the shower, however, was excellent! The sink area was small. The closet was tiny with a curtain over it instead of a door (personally I think they should've just left it open with no curtain or door). It was next to the room door, so kept getting in the way when we were going in and out. My daughter slept on a sofa bed, which was not comfortable (and she's used to sleeping on sofa beds on our trips). The air conditioning worked, but was in the bedroom (which was separated from the living area by a door), so if you closed the door, the air didn't get into the living area. The carpet was older, and was worn by the bathroom threshold. There was a carpet tack exposed, which my daughter stepped on. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternMasonInn, General Manager at Best Western Mason Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
michmom82,
I would like to first thank you for taking the time out of respond to tripadvisor. As a Best Western property, we use this as a training tool, to measure the amount of optimal service we are actually providing. In this instance I am very elated to know that you were satisfied with your stay. I also want to apologize for the wear and tear of your room. We are actually in the middle of completing a renovation for the property. We believe here at Best Western, quality is not only conditions of the property, it entails ultimate service. Please note that , if you are ever returning to the area we always have a room for you here in MASON!!!

Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
Grove City, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived after midnight after a long day with inclement weather at Kings Island. Assigned the wrong room that had someone else already in it. After lugging our stuff to room 333, and discovering the card key wouldn't work and someone else was in the room, had to go back to the lobby to get another room assigned. The room small, bathroom extremely small, beds hard and uncomfortable.

1 Thank Linda W
Linda W,

Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I am deeply saddened that we were not able to accommodate you sufficiently during your stay. Please know, that I have retrained the entire staff on proper check in procedure and check out procedure. The unfortunate event that happened during your stay was not only not warranted, but it was an absolutely unacceptable. We here at Best Western pride ourselves on safety and quality. Unfortunately, in this instance, we neglected to for fill our purpose for hospitality. I understand that we did not live up to your standards, however, I do hope that if you are in the area again, that you give us another chance to not only rectify the situation but to display the true art of hospitality.

Circleville, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here after a day of sight seeing in the area. We stayed in a king suite room, which worked really well for us. Me and my youngest child just closed the door and my husband and our older child watched tv in peace. The hotel was very clean and staff very nice. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool. Breakfast had a nice selection of hot food. My kids especially enjoyed the waffle maker. We will definately stay here again. When looking for a hotel close to Kings Island this one can't be beat in what it has to offer!

Hillairy B,

We are very thankful of your kind words. Service level, is our number one goal here at Best Western. We strive to provide the perfect guest experience. I am so pleased to learn that you did indeed enjoy our Waffle Makers. We also just added to our menu of tasty delights, bear claws, cream cheese danishes, biscuits and gravy, fresh toppings for our infamous waffles, and this is just the beginning! On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to say a big "THANK YOU" for complimenting our services and our facility. We look forward to seeing you in a future reservation.

Saginaw
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The employees at this hotel would be the only reason I would go back. The staff was excellent and did what they could to accommodate those of us staying there. The breakfast was excellent if you could get any food. There were so many people at the hotel there was a long line for breakfast every morning and by the time you get up to the food half of it is gone. The staff continues to fill items but cannot keep up with demand....and there is not enough seating for everyone trying to eat. Go to Waffle House next door! The hotel is in a nice area for anyone going to Cincinnati or to Kings Island. We felt safe and there were many options to eat in the area. Our beds were comfy but that is where it stopped! Our room was dirty, the bathroom had mold in the corners of the wall/floor area by the tub and the grout in the bathroom tile was so dirty I had to put towels on the floor before I would let the kids go in there without shoes on. Overall, not impressed at all with the cleanliness....not sure where all the other positive reviews come from? We did check in early and the only thing I can think of is that they rushed through the cleaning of this room to get us into it??
Decent hotel for the price but we'll spend the extra few bucks to stay somewhere else for our next visit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ryan P.,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. Here at Best Western, we take pride in the service level. I do apologize about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Sometimes, we do drop the ball on our end and in this instance I am extremely sorry. I do hope that you will deem us worthy enough to have another chance. Please feel free to contact me personally to make any future reservations within the area.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall, it's an OK place to stay, especially for the price. We had a king suite (with sofa pull-out) and those two rooms seemed like a decent amount of space (2 adults and 2 teens). But the shower/toilet room is pretty tiny and has a serious lack of hooks/bars to hang towels, wet swimsuits or even a robe. Also could use some tile/grout cleaning in the corners by the toilet. Bathroom counter space is a little too small also. But the A/C worked nicely in 95-degree heat and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was decent; variety of hot and cold items although I would've preferred some more fruit and/or yogurt. The service is really great, the staff is very friendly and extra towels were delivered quickly. Overall, a nice hotel for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternMasonInn, General Manager at Best Western Mason Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Greetings Sharon D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. My team and I take great pride in knowing that we provided exceptional service to you and your family during the duration of your stay.

We are in the middle of doing more renovations to our property very soon and I am so excited to reveal the final touches. I do apologize about the space in our bathrooms and the lack of hooks in the area given. I do think that you made a valid point and your suggestion are very much warranted. I will be conversing with ownership about this issue to aid in the overall guest experience.

Thank you again for your response, and I do hope that when you are in the mason area again, you choose to stay with us.

Boardman, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've stayed at the Mason Best Western on business several times over the last 5 months. It's a perfect place to stay, staff is very friendly and professional, rooms are clean, hotel is quiet and it's close to Cincinnati without being "in" Cincinnati. They genuinely care about the quality of your stay and are always so helpful. My only complaint is that the stay in July was $40/night more than my stays in April & May, but considering it's tourist season and very close to Kings Island, I understand why.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternMasonInn, General Manager at Best Western Mason Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
KimB1317,

Thank you so much for your favorable review of our facility. We here at Best Western, pride ourselves and rendering exceptional customer service as well as displaying hospitality to the fullest.

As a staff, our passion for hospitality is more than just a spark, it is a full blaze of a giving nature that we feel justified to extended to our guests at all times. Its this blaze that ignites every single day that our guest feel more than just guests; they are like family. Thank you so much for responding about our hotel. We hope that when you are in the Mason area, again, that you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice for the price. Very clean and comfortable. The only thing I didnt like was the other guests at the hotel lol the staff were very friendly. They cleaned our room when we were out. Very relaxing;) I would recommend this hotel and I would like to go there again!

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings Tori S.,

When reading this review my team and I got extremely excited with your thoughtful views. On behalf of the Best Western Mason, we would like to say "Thank You!". Words are extremely powerful and yours have given us a reason to smile today.

We here at Best Western, know that our jobs are not just limited to pressing the check in/check out button, cleaning your rooms, or making breakfast. It is more than that it is in fact displaying the truest form of hospitality. The listening ear, the kind words on your way out the door, the extra help with luggage; these are just a few of the many gestures that are automatic to our staff.

Tori S., by reading your review it not only drives us, it solidifies that we are indeed in the perfect profession as it is warranted by great judges of character; you our guests! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. If you are in the area again, we ask that you please give us another try so we can go above and beyond your last stay.