I took some tests at nearby Pearson Professional Center (less than a mile away), so the testing center's address lead me to finding this nearby hotel. When I got there (middle of the week), the person at check-in was super friendly and helpful; when I mentioned why I was in town, and the need for quiet so I could study over some materials, he upgraded me to a King Suite at no extra charge and put me in a "quiet corner" of the third floor. Granted, the upgrade was easy to do since there was only a dozen people probably staying there, but since I already was already getting AAA discount, he didn't have to do that. I was touched, and thankful.
The King Suite was extremely clean (you could smell like the place had been scrubbed a few minutes before I got in -- and this is a good thing!). Wifi is steady and plentiful, and best of all, free. The suite has a divider that you can close a set of double doors from the "bedroom" to the "living room." Each has its own flat screen TV. The suite has a couch, coffee table, and desk, and plenty of closet and furniture space to put away clothes and other items. There was a large mini-fridge and a microwave. The shower was strong and the water stayed very hot. Plenty of plugs for electronics; most of the lamps have a plug in at their bases, so no fumbling with outlets behind furniture. The bed was okay -- I've been in more luxurious hotel mattresses, I suppose, but I slept just fine. The free full breakfast was a nice extra touch; pour your own waffles, help yourselves to sausage and eggs or toast some bread. OJ, lemonade and coffee were on tap. (I should mention that the staff member helping to stock the breakfast food was friendly and smiling.) There was a small indoor pool and hot tub that I didn't partake, but I saw others enjoying themselves. The hotel itself is right off I 71 with plenty of restaurants and gas stations a half mile either way.
There were a few negatives. No room service or adjoined bar/restaurant (although several, like a Chick Fil A, are within walking distance next door). The TV guide printed on the signage seems out of date; some channels that were supposed to be included, like HBO, didn't work, and others actually on the TV weren't on the list. Unfortunately, no pop up guide, or pay per view movies either. The control door to my A/C unit was broke, but the A/C itself worked just fine. The room felt very long and narrow, but for one person or a couple, I don't see this as a problem. For a family that was planning a lot of time in the room, it might feel a bit cramped.
Still, all in all, a lot of amenities for a reasonable price, and great customer service. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this Mason Ohio hotel conveniently located near the Kings Island amusement park, beach and water park. The BEST WESTERN Mason Inn is proud to offer all of the amenities, customer service and convenience associated with the Best Western name. Guests staying at this northern Cincinnati hotel will find a pleasant, safe atmosphere located just minutes from key area attractions, such as Proctor and Gamble, Cintas, WellPoint and Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Siemens. The BEST WESTERN Mason Inn offers a variety of amenities to insure a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Guests will find a complimentary hot breakfast each morning as well as an indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, business services, fitness center, guest laundry and meeting room approximately 500 square feet. The friendly helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Mason Inn is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Mason Ohio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mason Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mason Hotel Mason
- Ramada Kings Island
- Ramada Mason
- Mason Ramada
- BEST WESTERN Mason Inn Ohio