“Delightfully interesting”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Cincinnati
“Delightfully interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

I thought Chinese just so so until we went here. Wow! Do the authentic menu. Recommend Mala Chicken (spicy) and Shrimp w/ rice cakes ( sweet-n- sour, not spicy ... Kids favorite). Now I'm hooked. wow.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank PattyB789

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Hot (which I like) but oily (which I don't like)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

It's a small place and the food is very caliente if you order from the chinese menu. They have the usual moo goo gai pan for the less adventerous but their speciality is hot Sichuan cusine and they do it well. A lot of restaurants offer a range between mild and hot but the hot is usually pretty tame here in Cincinnati. Here, hot means HOT! I've tried several selections at the Bistro and they were all good but they were also very oily. I don't know if that's an integral part of the cusine but it keeps me from giving the place a "5" for the food. Also, I asked for a glass of wine and they brought me one of those little airplane bottles so don't expect much in the way of selection. The braised bok choy was swimming in garlic and done perfectly. Nothing subtle about the flavors in this place, for sure. Good sized portions and you'll leave with a nice afterburn in your mouth.

• Visited July 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The best Chinese in Cincinnati area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

We have become regular customers here in the past year, although it is almost a 30-minute drive from our home. Why? Because it is by far the best Chinese food in the area. By far, the best scallion pancake you have ever tasted, wonderful, authentic spicy dishes with delicate seasons. If you do not like spicy hot, tried the chicken with woodear mushrooms, or the sizzling beef, or the incredible stir-fried string beans.

And all for an amazingly reasonable price for very large portions, averaging nine to 11 dollars per dish.

We took some friends there last Saturday who moved here last year from Manhattan, and they agreed.

So give it a try; you will not regret this choice.

BTW, they are doubling their space, integrating the place next store. That will help with the crowds on the weekend.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Authentic Asian In Cincy Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

Hands down the most authentic asian you will find here. If you like americanized chinese food do not go here. If you like spicy asian the way it is supposed to be...where you do not have to ask to kick it up if it is supposed to be that way..you have come to the right place. When you walk in and see 90% od the customers are Asian...you know it is good.

1 Thank rdamon
Landen, OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

Only China Cottage in Springboro, OH is on same par as this newly discovered Chinese Resturant. But this one is MUCH closer to where I live. It was recommended to me so I tried it for lunch. Not the cheapest strip shopping center Chinese place I have been to but the quatlity is well worth the difference. Its more like it Tag Line "Gourmet" Chinese dining. Very authentic, one of a kind dishes found no where else in tristate area as far as I can tell. Just outstanding. I am a planned regular after my first visit!

1 Thank Napoleon_T