“Best Indian food around!”

Raja India Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 157 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mason, Ohio
“Best Indian food around!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I love Indian food and have tried almost all the ones around and just could not find one with exceptional food....until Raja India opened. This restaurant is in a strip mall but is nice inside with lots of seating. Service is always good or excellent but the best thing about this place is the fantastic food. The Chicken Tikka Masala is outstanding as is the Bharta, Chicken Mater and everything else we have tried. You pick your spice level and they make it to your specific desired level. The "special tea" they have which is like a sweet Chai is outstanding. The garlic Nan is a must get with any meal. The kids eat here with the lowest spice level and enjoy it as well. Good appetizer selection as well. Many vegetarian options that actually taste good! Food portions are good size and always have enough to take home and have for lunch the next day.

Highly recommend this place as the best Indian food in Cincy.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dr_and_MrsPLUStwo

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Can't find our replacement to Raja after moving away”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

While living in Mason, we went here at least 2 times a month (sometimes weekly). Even the kids would choose Raja over other restaurants (ages 6 and 10). We've now moved to Amsterdam (in Holland) and for the last 6 months haven't even come close to finding our 'Raja' here. We are now on a trip to London and I figured we'd find it here, but no.... :( Service is wonderful, food is amazing. We miss it so much. When I ask the kids what food they miss the most from the U.S., Raja is always their answer.

To the wonderful family that runs this establishment, we miss you terribly! When were back for a visit in June 2014, we will see you again at least once, but probably more!! Nope you're doing well!

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food and a good bargain!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We picked up a carryout order, I highly recommend you mix and match your entrees! The saag paneer was particularly delicious!!! Try the fennel and sugar combo on the counter - it somehow tastes minty!!

Visited December 2013
“Just not that good.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We love Indian food and having an Indian Restaurant 3 minutes from the house, we thought we were in luck. The food here is just average. We will drive to Oakley for Indian food because the food there is so much better. In a pinch we will get take out here. But we have to be desperate and not wanting the 20 minute drive.

• Visited February 2013
Cincinnati
“Oops. I said vegetarian.......”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

First, the food was quite good. However, I ordered the vegetarian 'silver platter' and in the bottom right corner was a huge piece of chicken. The server apologized and said I could give it to one of my tablemates, which I did. I was ok with that, but I have many friends who would have NOT been ok.

• Visited March 2013