Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason
$103
ComfortSuites
$76
QualityInn
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$83
$119
$89
$129
$200
All reviewsfront deskfresh pancakeskings islandhotel appears to befree breakfastroom was cleangraeter's ice creamfamily travelnice staywould stay here againmanagement teamnewer propertydecent sizelocation is greati highly recommend this hotelsmall fridgecincinnati zoo
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here recently and had the best nights sleep in a long time. I wish I knew what kind of mattress I was sleeping on? I know they are pillow top but what brand and type? Breakfast was great, Hotel was very clean and great staff. I would recommend this hotel to other guest as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Phillip W.

Thank you so much for your great feedback. We take pride in our hotel and offering our guest what they should expect while staying with us. Our beds definitely are very comfortable ones, we certainly hope that you will come back and enjoy them again. I have passed your comments along to my staff and you have made thier day with your wonderful feedback. It is our pleasure that you had such a great and relaxing time while staying with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family of 4 stayed here July 1-3, 2012. We got a really great rate for the room and felt we got our money's worth. The breakfast is okay (not great, not terrible); just enough to get us full before we headed out to Kings Island. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. There are several (not a lot) of national restaurant chains in the area within a short drive from the hotel. There is an amazing ice cream shop that you MUST eat at for dessert at least once. We weren't in the room all that much (mainly treated it as a place to lay our heads), but when we were, I felt safe and clean. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend my friends, family, and you to do the same!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Angie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are really excited to know that you and your family had a great experience at out hotel. I'm glad to know that you had experienced Greater's Ice Cream which is famous to Cincinnati and you had enjoyed it.

We certainly hope to see you on your next trip to Cincinnati!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I just returned today from Mason, OH. Stayed at this hotel 2 nights. Was in the area taking my nephew to King's Island. This hotel is just okay and is nothing special. They need some serious clean-up as the carpets and stained and dirty. The elevators are gross; sticky floors and stuff on the inside walls. The first day we were there a man in the elevator was cleaning the handrails and panel/buttons. Um, get a mop! Spray some of the cleaner on the walls and wipe it down.

Shower curtain was dirty. This can only be attributed to pure laziness. Either take the curtain down, wash/bleach it, or hang a new one. Also saw 2 bugs in the bathroom. Don't know what they were and don't want to know. Killed them.

Pool was the smallest I have ever seen. Chemicals were not adequately balanced as the water was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom.

Chelsea, who was at the front desk when I checked in was the most unfriendly person I have met in quite some time. I also had the displeasure of dealing with her today to check out. I asked for a receipt. She told me there was no receipt since I booked online and prepaid. I asked again and told her I wanted a receipt to verify there were no other charges to my credit card since I was required to give it to her for "my prepaid room" at check-in, and again, she said she couldn't give me a receipt.

I would not stay here again. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn right next door last year and I would highly recommend it. Unfortunately, it was booked.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...that would be my tip.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Critchie

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you encountered at my hotel. The guest are always our number one priority here.

I have shared your feedback with my staff and I'm taking the appropriate steps to ensure that each and every comment that you have made are corrected.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The rooms were very large with a couch and kings sized bed, with lots of space between bed and tv/dresser. Bed was clean and room seemed to be very clean. Only disappointmet was the bathroom. The shower had stains on the tub floor, the shower curtain was a little dirty and we had to wipe off the yellow stained toilet seat. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We had a late check in after a long day Kings Island, but the staff was very friendly and got us checked in quickly. Breakfast was what is to be expected for this typed of hotel. The cinammon rolls were very good as was the pancake machine, only it kept breaking and the attendant didn't seem to know how to fix it. They really needed a second breakfast attendant as the lady was trying to keep up with the food, but she didn't have time to clean up all the spilled cereal, trash, and crumbs on the floor. It made for a messy breakfast area. Another employee on breakfast detail would solve this problem. Overall, I would stay here again, only if the Hilton Garden across the street is full again, as it was this time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. I would like to address some of your concerns about the hotel. Some of our tubs do have a yellowing rust stain to them. This is a manufacturer defect. The hotel is only 4 years old and we realize that this is not something that should be happening. We are working with the company to get these replaced. We have brought your housekeeping issues to the staff and we have retrained. I can assure that my housekeepers are very concerned when they get issues like this. They take a lot of pride in their rooms. The pancake machine is pretty cool. We love it, however it is challenging at times. I am glad you got to enjoy some while you we here. This hotel is very busy because we are located only one exit away from the amusement park named King's Island. We try accomdate a lot of guests for breakfast each day. I apologize that we did not have someone in that day with our breakfast lady. We do normally try to prepare for these events. Once again I appreciate all the feedback. We strive everyday to make our hotel the best. We hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is one of my favorite Cincinnati area hotels. The suites are comfortable, spacious and clean. Service from the staff was great-- each need I had was handled quickly and with a smile. There is a small "store" with snacks, etc., and an indoor pool & workout room. Breakfasts were average-- the rolls were often a bit stale. Parking can be challenging-- most of the spaces are a bit of a walk from the door. This is a newer property with the amenities you'd expect-- flat screens, etc. You won’t go wrong staying here. All in all a great choice!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jelliott01
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us when you make your business trip to Mason, Ohio. We enjoy seeing the same guests time after time. You have been loyal to us and we appreciate that. I understand parking can be challenging when we are located in such a corporate central area. Our hotel fills up fast and I know some of the spaces in the back are far to walk from. We do have staff that can help at anytime to carry any luggage you may have in the near of future. Thank you for bringing the breakfast rolls to my attention. It is often that we try to rotate our stock to provide the freshest quality at all times. I will continue to monitor and see if there is anything I can change. Once again we appreciate all the nice things you have said about our hotel and staff. I have passed your comments to my staff as well because they truly take pride in what they do. We will see you next time while your in town. Thank you for your business and loyality to our hotel.