“A+++”

Abuelo's
Ranked #23 of 159 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real Mexican food is a feast for the senses. From colorful peppers to the sounds of sizzling fajitas all the way to that incredible flavor. Each mouthful is just as much a result of the freshest ingredients as it is a result of the chef's expertise. Abuelo's offers diners the opportunity to experience real Mexican food, combining authentic, made from scratch classic dishes with the rich, subtle flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine. Our executive Chef Luis Sanchez has spent decades perfecting our menu, and we boast a wide selection of wood-grilled fajitas, enchiladas, tacos, chile rellenos or Abuelo's unique House Specialties (depending on your location). To compliment your meal, our expert bartenders are masters at crafting signature favorites, including a wide variety of margaritas and swirls. Whatever the occasion, we'll stop at nothing to make your time at Abuelo's a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Amazing Olive Garden and Mexican had a baby this would be it we plan our Kings Island Trip dinner around this place wish we had one close to home in Charleston WV the best A+++

There are newer reviews for Abuelo's

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Every single time I eat at an Abuelo's it is a great experience! I love Mexican food and for the price they can not be beat for their quality. The service at this location was on par with the Columbus location. I always order the large combination meal and can never eat it all. My favorite items are the queso for an appitizer, their papas con chile potatoes are the best, and they have the best chile relenos on the planet. If you like this type of food you can not go wrong here.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I try to find new and different places to eat for special occasions. Our 13th anniversary was coming up and this place came to mind. I saw it one day on my way to work at an office I am normally not at. I checked it out online because I didn’t want to end up at one of the local chain-like places. (Not knocking them, just wanted something different.) There are so many places in Cincy that serve the same old Mexican food, all with the same menu, just under a different name. The menu on the Abuelo’s website looked promising with reasonable pricing so we decided to go.

We were greeted by two smiling hostesses and seated in the bar area in a booth. The décor was lovely – old world Mexican charm, with a warm ambiance. The bar also had 5 flat screen tvs. Our waiter Robert was very professional and attentive. He brought out chips with three different salsas. The green salsa was by far the best and was also the best green we’ve ever had. The happy hour deals were awesome and they offer a Tapas-style menu at great prices. We ordered the deep fried jalapeno cheese balls with ranch with our beers. Both came out very quick. The cheese was perfectly fried and the jalapeno bits were not too hot, but enough to give them a kick. The ranch was delicious and looked as though it had red peppers in it.

Our meals were not far behind. I ordered the pork Carnitas with refried beans and papas (mashed potatoes Mexican style) . The carnitas had lettuce, tomato and cheese stuffed in soft corn tortillas. There was a garnish of cilantro and onion which complimented the meat nicely. The beans are good and have a slight smoky flavor. The papas were yummy and cheesy with the perfect about of pepper for a bit of heat.

My husband tried the chicken fajita tacos with rice and beans and garnished with sour cream and guacamole. There were flour tortillas over stuffed with fajita style grilled chicken breast topped with a white queso sauce, lettuce, tomato and cheese. I tasted his and thought the marinade on the chicken was very well done. The rice was flavorful with mixed veggies throughout for added color. The portions were a good size so we had a nice to go box to snack on later. The waiter was even kind enough to pack us up a bag of chips with a side of green salsa and ranch. It was an awesome first experience and we will definitely be back and bring others to try it.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Another visit to Abuelo's in Mason to enjoy top quality food, served in a very nice setting, served by great people! We both had the Lunch Enchiladas and found the quality to be very good, including the toppings [sour cream on the chicken and the beef had a nice red chile sauce. Fast and friendly service plus great ingredients make this a nice dining experience. The thin chips and various salsas are a nice feature also--- keeps us coming back!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I like giving the little guys kudos but the food here has such great flavor, you just can't ignore it. I like the open, sunny decor with the Mexican mural, the friendly staff, and the food is distinctive for Midwest Mexican. You get a new take on things like fish and I find the portions just about right.