“A Good Sub”

Cuisines: American
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Good Sub”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I love the interior of this place. The decor and music is from the 1940's which gives it an old school feeling that you wouldn't expect from a sub place. The buffalo chicken sandwich is solid and the beef deep is decent. The service I received was outstanding. The guy took the time to explain the menu and the history of the store. Probably helped that the store wasn't busy when I went in.

• Visited August 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“awesome deli sandwich”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great toppingfs, breads w actual flavors. A bit pricy except when you consider that you get almost a half pound of meat(s) when you get a large.

I stopped going to Jersey Mike's, Subway, Firehouse because of Dibellas.

Can't touch a Philly from Penn Station, though.

Visited January 2014
Ohio
“Underwhelming and disappointing”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I've heard some good things about DiBella's before they arrived in Cincinnati and have been wanting to try them out. However, after my first visit, I'm not sure I'll be back. I've driven by several times and it rarely looks busy, and I now understand why. When I walked in at 6 PM on a Saturday evening and was the only customer in the store, I knew something was wrong. They also only had 2 employees on staff, both of whom were cleaning like they were about to close up for the night. Clearly they weren't expecting to be busy. I wasn't greeted and stood waiting at the counter until they finally acknowledged me.

I decided to order a meatball sub and when I informed the employee it was my first time in the store, he took no time to explain how their menu works. It was almost as if I interrupted cleaning and he wanted to get me out of the store as soon as possible. The entire sub was bland. The bread, while fresh, was nothing exciting. The marinara sauce and meatballs had zero seasoning. No salt, no herbs, no spices, nothing.

Maybe I caught them on a bad night, but I don't have much of a desire to give them another shot.

• Visited March 2014