“Great food and service.”

Pitrelli's Italian Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
Pitrelli's Italian Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 160 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Great Italian Restaurant located in a northern suburb of Cincinnati called Mason. Family owned and operated, using family recipes, serving outstanding Italian food . After 3 expandtions in 5 years at their current location they are moving 500 yards up the road to a new location which is twice the size of their current location.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten dinner here several times, always start with drinks at the bar. They did a great job of turning the old post office into a homey Italian restaurant with wonderful food and service. It feels very hometown there, like you've known them for awhile. We took out of town guests there also, and they loved it.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

As I have said before, being an Italian who loves to cook, I tend to grade Italian eateries tougher. Pitrell's passed my test with a combination of its quaint, throwback atmosphere, creative menu, good service and tasty food. I have dietary restrictions (cream, saturated fat) and they were graciously accommodated. I asked them to alter their linguine with clam sauce to remove the cream sauce and prepare it in the traditional Italian custom: olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes. There were no actual clams, but lots of tender minced clams and the dish was tasty. My wife tried the fish special: sautéed cod with risotto, topped with a vegetable medley compote. She was very pleased as well. Unfortunately, we could not try the desserts of anything from the normal menu, except the salads, which were cold and fresh, with romaine lettuce. We will return!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Living nearby, I have wanted to visit Pitrelli's for years and finally had the opportunity to dine there with 3 friends. The ambiance is wonderful the moment you walk through the front door...warm & inviting. We were fortunate enough to be greeted by the owner who was absolutely delightful as he shared the history of the place. The bar area was lively and filled with many regulars. Adding to the charm was the 95 year old violinist who was roaming from table to table playing for the diners. The dining area, while large, had been designed to give a more intimate feel which it did. Service was very good. Unfortunately, the food was not. I ordered a very basic pasta with Homemade Alfredo which came out thick and bland. My friend had the Vodka Pomodoro & 3 meatballs and was not impressed with either. My other friends ordered the homemade Pasta Bolognese which was not very meaty and had a strange reddish/orange color to it. None of us finished our meal. Sadly, the only redeeming dish was the Soup of the Day--Italian Wedding soup--quite delicious. I had high hopes for this restaurant but all 4 of us felt let down by the quality & taste of our meal. We will visit again--just to be sure it wasn't an "off night" for the kitchen but we weren't very impressed for our first visit.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our visit to Pitretti's was pleasant. The food was outstanding and the service was great. They managed to accommodate us without a reservation. The décor is a bit dated, but it's an intimate environment which makes for a quiet night out. I felt the prices were a bit high for the offerings, but will probably go back again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Usually we avoid Italian restaurants, as I feel like we can make better Italian for cheaper. However, the menu is fairly diverse with a few interesting selections. The food it still quite pricey - but it pretty good.

1  Thank brandasa