“I used to love this restaurant!”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #29 of 159 Restaurants in Mason
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have..for years...met people here for lunch and I enjoyed it very much. It was not fancy ,but we had good service and food, and my friends had coupons sp it was very reasonable, also.I almost always had salmon of some sort because my husband doesn't like it so I had some there. It was not fancy, bit I enjoyed it very much.
Not anymore! My last experience there about 3weeks ago was terrible. Mimi's cafe has changed hands..it is owned supposedly by a French company in Texas?...The reason I know that is that I met a friend there for lunch the first weekend of their new menu and our waiter went on and on about how they had a new spirit and were now a French cafe...right! The new menu for lunch anyway had only 2 fish items..scallops in soup and a piece of fish on a salad.The service was horrid....the menu was horrid..nothing remotely looked French at all. I must say that the salad I had was good, but it was the only thing on the menu I thought looked good.
When I questioned the waiter about the items on the menu looking more like Bob Evans than it did before he argued with me and said I was totally wrong and everyone loved the new look. then we ordered...Salad fine..however my friend was not half done when my empty salad plate was whisked away...and he brought me a to go cup of iced tea....without even asking if I wanted one...guess I was to leave. my friend finished and immediately she got a to go cup and we got the bill all within 5 minutes..The message was clear....GET OUT....Wow. I have never been treated so rudely in my life in any restaurant. I left no tip and I have never done that. on the way out I spoke quietly with the manager about our experience and he did not seem to care at all.
The worst part of this is that Real French restaurants would never rush anyone out or shove a to go cup in your face. Don't pretend to be something you are not......where is my old Mimi's?...

1  Thank KJ994U
There are newer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Reviewed April 8, 2013

You can choose from a set menu or entree of choice. Children's menu is healthy with many choices. Food is homemade. Be sure to ask for seconds on the bread.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Surprisingly quiet on a Saturday evening. That could have been because it was the day before St. Patrick's Day, and a lot of people chose to go to an Irish Pub. Service was attentive. Food was good, but not exceptional.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food is ok, service was ok, The menu is extensive and they have a large variety. Desserts were excellent.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was coerced to going back to Mimi's Cafe in Mason by a retired friend recently. Thankfully we were greeted as "grownups " this time- ( last time we were called "young ladies"?? and really talked down to by the manager..someone obviously has told him this IS offensive to adult women).OK
So we order a 2 course lunch- soup and then an entree. Fine. Soup and entree arrive together.
Now there is a lot of food getting cold on the table. Why oh why can't they bring the soup wait until you finish it and THEN bring the entree. This is pretty simple.. except IF they rush you they can get more people in ??leave early ?? don't get it . Maybe their last jobs were at fast food restaurants. ?? The food was good overall. The service still needs work.