“betty boop”
Review of Kirkwood Inn

Kirkwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Kirkwood Inn twice. I travel with a group of senior citizens on a motor coach and I have had wonderful experiences both times. It is quiet, clean and very friendly staff. The continental breakfast was excellent and the reception when we arrived was also excellent. Our group travels there every 2 years from Pa. Then we see a play at the La Comedia theatre in Springboro, Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth B
There are newer reviews for Kirkwood Inn

Reviewed May 30, 2012

This was a last minute booking for us with a very late check-in (no problem). We were upgraded when we arrived (very nice). The parking area is secure and well lighted. The rooms are very neat and clean. The continental breakfast was practically full service... there was so much to choose from, and is presented in a lovely historic home on the grounds. The grounds are beautiful with well kept gardens. We decided that this will our place to stay over for any trips to Cincinnati in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ellensu
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I decided to spend an evening at the Kirkwood Inn on a whim. I needed a mini getaway from life to unwind and relax. I was so impressed. Truly. The staff was very attentive, and extremely pleasant. I stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites, the room was VERY clean and cozy (even had a fireplace) The bed was comfortable and I loved having a bench outside my room. I walked around the grounds, and much to my surprise and delight after I passed the gorgeous gazebo there was a path with flowers and benches at every turn. This place is a hidden gem! I will definately be returning, many times!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Holly B
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We recently stayed this past weekend at the Kirkwood Inn. This was our first experience with this Inn and it was wonderful. The rooms are nicely sized and extremely clean. The area is very quiet, and we had no trouble with door slammers, etc. The breakfast, with real plates and silverware, was of a superior quality including many choices you would not find at your local hotel's breakfast. The fresh fruits, the peach butter, and the many toppings for the oatmeal are just part of the experience. The woman taking care of the breakfast was extremely helpful and friendly.

We went to Kings Island, kayaking, and bicycle riding all during the weekend of our stay, and they were all accessible within 10 to 30 minutes of this location. We made another reservation for the fall when we left.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debra O
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Kirkwood Inn on Sat., March 31, 2012. We had a great stay. The room was very clean. It had a slight musty odor as if it had not been used for a while but that did not take away from our experience.

The fresh buffet breakfast in the old house at the back of the property was OUTSTANDING! You won't find anything like this at a Hampton Inn or equivalent.

Although our children are older and gone, should you want a place that is kid friendly, has a very nice pool and minutes from Kings Island, this is the place.

Best of all our total cost was $66.00 and that includes the buffet breakfast.

We will continue to return when in the Mason/Cincinnati area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Laxman2423
Reviewed March 25, 2012

David & Sandy Eves operate a class-act facility, and are very attentive to the needs of their guests. The full-course, made-to-order breakfast the next morning is worth the price of admission by itself!! It is obvious why their customers keep coming back; they genuinely care about your experience at their Inn. They epitomize the adage, "People will forget what you say, and forget what you do, but they will never forget how you made them feel!" Can't wait to visit them again. Thomas

Room Tip: The farthest room to the rear is the King Bed, Jacuzzi room. Worth the money! (And it's the clos...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank TDubbyaOh
Reviewed February 27, 2012

What can I say Awesome my boyfriend and I stayed here a we loved it the house where you have your Breakfest at is great. Our room was clean and the people there was great. We will go back again and again and I have already told people about Kirkwood Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple