“This is NOT Greek food!”
Review of Remezo Greek Cuisine - CLOSED

Remezo Greek Cuisine
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We went on a Friday evening at 7pm with a party of 6. We had reservations and were promptly crammed at small table. Drinks arrived quickly. Ordered Calamari for an appetizer. Took a while to come out. It was Bland, rubbery, and the breading was not crispy. All of us Ordered Lamb shank with a side of potatoes ,and a large village salad. Food took too long and when it arrived we all had rice. When we told the server she said she just picked the first choice for us, the rice. I politely said," I'm sorry, we ordered a salad ." She replied, " I know but I only have so many hands." The flavorless piece of leather , I mean lamb was horrible. The rice , which we did not order , tasted like Rice-a-Roni. The potatoes were well, regular old potatoes. The Village salad, served after our main entree, was bland and obviously made with cheap oil, not Olive oil. Well, that's about all I have to say about this place, except, you'd be better off going to a Gyro place in a strip mall. We will never return or suggest this to others.

1  Thank Eclifton12

Reviewed January 4, 2014

First time was not a good experience. Food was good but the service was very poor. I am a big time Greek foodie and want nothing more than for Remezo to succeed, but the first impression was not good. My server was overwhelmed and very apologetic and I felt sorry for her. Her excuse for the slow service was they were "slammed" on a Saturday night at 7:30pm ......DUH !
I told her if they expected to be "slammed" next Saturday night they better get their act together.
I plan to give them a second chance....but they really have to step up their game. The manager was good enough to comp our meal for the poor service, but that's not a winning strategy. As the saying goes.......You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. I wish them well !

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We love Greek food and while there are a couple of Mediterranean restaurants in the area, there are not many actual Greek places. We tried Remezo today for lunch and it has established itself as our favorite Greek restaurant by far. The spanakopita and Taropita were the best we have had. We also shared a gyro and chicken Slovakia it was easy to see that it was fresh and homemade. The staff was friendly and treated us as family which is what you expect at a Greek restaraunt. We cannot wait to go again.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I had been following the posts about opening. Finally got a chance to try the food. The only place I can find in Cincy for saganaki. Great saganaki. Had great expectations of the pork souvlaki. The meat was tough. The rice wasn't like anything I've had in Greece. I haven't worked there in 10 yers, but the food was nothing like I remember. I'll stick with the less expensive mom and pops.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We (4 adults) had a 7pm Reservation on a busy Saturday night. Our table was not ready, we were given a buzzer and told to wait in the bar & encouraged to order drinks. We did order a couple of beers and 2 of their Signature Cocktails. There was one bartender and one underage helper working the bar. 15 minutes later, we were seated. Our drinks however were not made yet and we were told they would be brought to our table. We were seated in the backroom of the restaurant. People were wearing everything from sweatpants & ratty baseball caps to business style clothing. Small children were playing tag throughout the room. Our waitress seemed very overwhelmed and unfamiliar with the Greek words on the menu. We asked for our drinks several times, finally after 30 minutes, my friend's husband wanted his beer and walked back to the bar and was handed our drinks on a tray to deliver to us! He walked through the entire restaurant balancing the drinks. Crazy. They messed up two of the drinks. One cold drink was served warm, so we asked for ice cubes. Twenty minutes later, the waitress brought a huge glass of ice cubes. My friend drank her warm drink instead of waiting. They offered another drink on the house and charged full price on the check anyway. They claimed we were double charged because she drank the warm one and didn't wait for the new one.??? We asked a question about Ouzo and the type of Mextaxa that they had. Our waitress didn't know what they were....even though they're featured all over the drink list. We ordered appetizers, but our server was not interested in taking our dinner order. Ten minutes later our flaming cheese arrives without the excitement that usually comes with ordering the Saganaki...server said it would be gluten free (even though it wasn't indicated on the menu as GF) It was crispy and very breaded. It looked like a block of fried tofu. She thought Gluten Free meant Vegetarian. We also got the Tirokafteri Spread, served with pita and the Melitzano Salata, they were just okay. The three others shared it. 3 of us had silverware and napkins. We had to ask several times until they brought an extra set. Water was only refilled once. We had to asked for a carafe of water. The Lemon-Egg Soup was very bland with lots of bite size chunks of carrots and chicken. An hour after we were seated we finally ordered dinner. The side salad was tiny, with just lettuce, two were ordered 1 showed up. 2 were charged. The Roasted Leg of Lamb was very chewy, fatty and served cold, the roasted potatoes were hard & dry. Our server insisted it was supposed to be room temp, not hot. The Greek Salad that was ordered with a side of gyro meat arrived without. It took a few minutes for that to come out. The Gyro meat was steaming hot and very good. We all shared that. The Pastichio portion was tiny & dry also. My husband had the Zouzoukakia which was just okay. It didn't look appetizing. A manager kept coming out to check on us, apologizing but not compensating for the lack of service and poor food quality. The restaurant was 100% full with a line out the door when we arrived at 6:20pm. They seemed to do better as it emptied out. We were there for over 2 hours. If you have a movie to see or something else going on after dinner, do not plan to eat here in the evening. You won't make it. The desserts were blah.....the waitress suggested we go up the road to Graeter's for better dessert. Gladly! Not coming back anytime soon.