“very good chain restaurant”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

usually the Carrabba's in our home area are noisy and the food quality is spotty. Here, we visited on a weeknight and the place was half full at 6 PM, so not so much noise as we're accustomed to. Food was excellent and our server, amazing. Let the manager know about her when we left.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Wasn't a fan of this place. Waitress was nice nod always on top of stuff but I believe food was over priced and not that great. Blackberry sangria was good but expensive. My son took me and his mother in law here for our Mothers Day dinner. We did call a head seating so wait wasn't bad. Food was a little bland and had a after taste I got the trio with chicken parm and lasagne . Son got steak . I should of got kids pizza it was good.

1  Thank 01molly
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I've eaten at Carrabba's in a number of different locations around the country. For reliable food it's a pretty good bet, but I wouldn't put it on the top of my list, particularly this location in Mason, Oh. Everything was just "okay", nothing was outstanding, except the great service we received.

The restaurant is one of their older model's and I think it's starting to show it's age. The newer Carrabba's have a much more open and brighter feeling. We didn't have reservations so we sat at in the bar area. They have a main bar and then a couple of long table behind the bar where you can drink before being seated, or you can eat and drink at the bar. The service was very good and efficient.

Pretty standard menu with all the usual Italian favorites. I had the prosciutto wrapped pork because it was only 600 calories. I had it with broccoli. I thought the taste was good and I liked the prosciutto instead of bacon. The pork was slightly overcooked, which I think is normal for chain restaurants.

We enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine with our dinner. Average wine selection, better on reds.

If you are in Mason and you need to have a quick Italian meal, I might consider this place, but if you have a car I'd probably look for a local place with more flavor.

I think management should try and upgrade the look of the place, inside and out because it's starting to show it's age. There are a lot of new places opening up in the area so I think this would be an important thing to do.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We enjoy Carabba's for the food and the wine. This is a place we choose for our infrequent unwind meals out. Food and service has always been consistently good.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I know this restaurant is similar to other restaurants of this theme, but I had no issues here. I had Veal Marsala and it was delicious. Most restaurant "chains " don't serve veal since since its not a money maker. Give it a try. You wont regret it. The side salad was typical, but the mixed side of vegetables were very good too. A combination of peppers, onions broccoli just to name a few were grilled to perfection.
Would I go there again? Depends on my mood. But yes.