““President Obama’s “goto” burger joint is Five Guys””
Review of Five Guys

Cuisines: American
Centerville, Ohio
1,783 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,161 helpful votes
““President Obama’s “goto” burger joint is Five Guys””
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We are “sometimes fans” of Five Guys in Mason. Mason is often on the way to something else south of Centerville, and we like the Five Guys Products. If time is of the essence, we might make a quick stop at Five Guys for two “little burgers.” Usually, Five Guys is not a hamburger joint that we would dine in; however, I have a firm rule about “no food in the car.”

We are not fans of any Five Guys “dining room,” but are in a mood for one of the “regular messy burgers, our way.” This means a dine in experience for about 15 minutes.

We prefer the Five Guys burgers “our way,” but the little burger is fine for a quick stop. We pass on the “greasy” fries at Five Guys when we are on the road.

Five Guys burgers are much better than the three chain burgers.

We know that President Obama’s “goto” burger joint is Five Guys, and we are careful NOT to permit politics stand in the way of a great burger. Check out some Obama You Tube and Five Guys.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SavantIII_11

Ohio City, Ohio
“nice casual place”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

What I like the best... simple and uncomplicated way to get a good burger. Clean place. Friendly staff.
What I would improve.. burgers are made only one way.. slightly overcooked for my preferences but they are still yummy

Visited November 2013
Hebron, KY
“Lots of options on very few menu items”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my first time visit to any Five Guys location. And as it says outside, this is a burger place. If that's what you're looking for, you will be happy there. Burgers they say, burgers they serve (to be fair, they also serve hot dogs and fries).
There are easily 20 toppings you can choose from for your burger or hot dog, creating quite a bit of variety around the basic products. However, if you were hoping for a grilled cheese for the kids, or a salad as a "lighter option", you're out of luck. Burger or dog? Which toppings? With or without fries? Those are your only options.
As burgers go, the Five Guys product is pretty good. I wouldn't call it "spectacular" or "amazing", but if you're in the mood for a "back to the roots" burger experience, you can't go wrong in this place.
With a regular burger, a "Little Fries", and a drink I ended up paying $10. Not exactly cheap.

Service was very friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Saginaw
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First time visitor to any 5 guys. I was really impressed with the staff and the food. We went during the lunch rush and the place was busy. Even with the long line we were not waiting long. The staff did an excellent job getting people through the line and served. The burgers were amazing! The place was clean, staff was friendly, prices were fair, and we ate well!

Visited July 2013
Marietta, Ohio, United States
“Space at lunch”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had the best 5 guys meal at this location that I've ever had. The burger was tasty, juicy and perfectly cooked. The fries weren't overcooked, which I find to be a common issue at 5 guys. Service was very friendly, the space available was adequate to handle the lunch hour crowd, and parking/wait time was no an issue.

Visited December 2012