“Great place for weary traveler”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mason/Kings Island
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Madison, Alabama
“Great place for weary traveler”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Hotel was a bit older, but very clean. Service was great and desk was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jason V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This is my second time staying at a Microtel. The rooms are small, but if you need a clean, safe place to sleep with no bells and whistles, it gets the job done. I was very happy. Be prepared, the decor is outdated, the TV is square, and there is no shampoo. Otherwise, the bed was comfy, free internet, breakfast (cereal, bagels, muffins, juice & coffee) was perfect for my needs. I'd stay here again. Only thing I'd criticize is that I saw some rust on the tissue holder in the bathroom. Other than that, it's a safe night's sleep!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank kpeachy
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Tool my grand children to the water park in july stayed at the Microtel because water park was full. We truly enjoyed our stay, the place was exceptionally clean the staff was great. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The service was a joke. The room was disgusting the sheets didnt even look like they were cleaned. The shower didnt even look clean, which makes sense because the front desk said they only had one housekeeper. We were put in,a smoking,room because that is all they had left. Even as a smoker myself thr smell was so disgusting it gave me a headache. The rooms smelled moldy, wallpaper peeling. I felt like we were in a sardine can. Within minutes of walking in the room we demanded a refund and went across the street to the Baymont Inn which was alot nicer and a better stay. I highly recommend staying there. I have never had a bad experience with Microtel until now.

• Stayed September 2011

Travelers are raving about these Mason hotels

Cottam, Ontario
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I just needed a clean place to stay that was overall decent and not expensive because I was going to be at Kings Island most of the time. Yes the wallpaper needs to be fixed or changed but if that gets me a better price I don't have a problem with it. They have units with fridges and microwaves available if you ask. They have a washer and dryer which is a nice touch. I didn't have the continental breakfast which did not look like much but I can buy my own breakfast at the place of my choice for the money I saved. When I booked the room I was able to get a 20% discount for booking two nights in a row and I had until 6pm the night before to cancel without penalty and I did not have to pay for the room when I booked which was an advantage to me. I definitely will plan to stay here again the next time I go to Kings Island. The hotel is only 10 blocks from the park and is surrounded by amenities.

Room Tip: If you ask for a ADA room it is a bigger room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
North Royalton, Ohio
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We spent one night here after a day at Kings Island. The pop machine was out of everything. The continental breakfast was a joke. The Beach water park is located behind Microtel. They had music blasting until Midnight. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. On my next trip to Kings Island I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank porchopz
Winchester, Kentucky
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel. The room seemed clean but the bathroom was outdated. The hallway had a strange odor. The breakfast options are limited but better than nothing. The hotel is located just off the interstate and is close to the Kings Island Amusement park. The hotel was adequate for what we needed but slightly overpriced. The attendant quoted us $79 a night. When we said we would think about it he dropped it to $69...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family