“Good clean place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Ellijay, Georgia
“Good clean place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked through the website and used aarp rate...$68. The great thing is my dog was free. Stayed in room 103 which is a king size bed. I notice the smell another reviewer was talking about. I think it is cleaning product cause i could smell it in the lobby. Either way it wasn't pleasant (mind you i have a very sensitive nose) but i bring my own febreze and the air conditioner cleared it up. The air conditioner is controlled from a digital thermostat on the wall. No more getting up and down all night because you are too hot/too cold. The room was clean and good sized. Single sized coffee, iron and board, hair dryer, flat screen tv with night sounds to lull you to sleep. Wish there was a refrigerator though. Nice office/ desk area in room. LAN cable and outlets on desktop. WiFi has good speed. Comfortable bed. Front desk was very friendly. Hotel is on the smaller scale. Location here is fantastic! So many restaurants, stores, and of course King's island.

Its a good clean stay for a night or two at a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The staff was very nice. The elevator was slow but working. Pop machine and ice machines on 1st floor were broke. Carpet throughout the halls was very dirty. Indoor pool was nice and the water was warm. Our room was next door to manager office(front desk) and across the hall from the laundry. We had a maid cart parked at our door the entire time and the door to the manager office open and closed constantly all night long too with a loud bang. The washer and dryers ran all night. They ran out of clean towels so I guess they did laundry all night. Bed was very comfortable.Breakfast was ok with bagels, boiled eggs, fruit, waffles(they ran out of batter, but they were crowded), oj and apple juice, and cold cereal(raisin bran and corn flakes).

Room Tip: Don't get a room across the hall from laundry. We didn't know we had one there but it is ext...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Clean hotel with a friendly, helpful staff and had excellent service. I would recomend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel room for the night or an extended stay. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, the ONLY complaint I have was that there was no hair conditioner. The breakfast bar was well stocked and everything was fresh. Check-out was as seamless as check-in. My in-laws were travelling with us, and their comments/experience are the same as ours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Moultrie, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at La Quinta and have no complaints. Our room was clean, the staff were friendly and very nice. The wireless internet was a bit slow which hindered me a bit. The room was spacious and we appreciated being able to stay with our cats. Breakfast was hot and served as expected. The elevator was extremely slow.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nani1995
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Just an OK stay. Small property, no business conference area and since I don't travel with a laptop or tablet, was a bit problematic for me. I arrived on a Sat, where there was a huge soccer tournament in town. I asked to be away from the teams since I have been there, done that as a soccer mom. They were very nice and put me on the 4th floor. This was fine 1st night, but Sun when I got in very late I found out the elevator was broken so had to haul up 3 flights only to find out my key wouldn't work. Aargh. A nice neighbor offered to call to the desk for me and someone brought me a key in just a couple of minutes. Nice touch. But elevator still was not working in the morning so I had to klunk down 3 flight with my luggage. Breakfast was only so-so, they were already out of most items by 9. Couldn't get compensation for room, since it was a Priceline room. But when I wrote the manager when I got home, I was given a voucher for a free night next visit..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jmymom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mason
BEST WESTERN Mason Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Mason
Quality Inn & Suites Mason
Comfort Suites - Kings Island
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason
Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Northeast? Share your experiences!