“Great food, but a bit pricey!”

Banana Leaf Modern Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Banana Leaf Modern Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 159 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mason Montgomery Rd.
Description: Banana Leaf Modern Thai provides a treat for all the senses! Each dish is homemade and presented as a work of art. Menu favorites include Curry dishes, Spring Rolls, and of course the wildly popular Pad Thai. For those wanting to try new things, our Chef creations include Filet Mignon Panang and Crispy Diva Sea Bass. We also offer brown rice and vegetarian inspired dishes. Much of the produce is organic and we support locally grown. Don"t be surprised to see the Chef open the kitchen door to snip herbs from the outdoor patio! The decor completes the dining experience with each room on both floors uniquely decorated and upbeat global music plays in the background. Enjoy tapas and wine in the lounge or dine outdoors in nice weather on our two outdoors patios. Both are beautifully landscaped and include waterfalls. Open 7 days for lunch and dinner. Large parties are welcome and reservations are recommended. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Really enjoyed the food, but it was on the expensive side. The food was plated in a very attractive manner and everything tasted very good. our favorite was the ginger rice. The place is very nice and like the layout of the different rooms.

There are newer reviews for Banana Leaf Modern Thai

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went for Sat lunch. I was glad to find many veg options. I had mason noodles. (They have dish on the name of city :) ). and it was best Thai dish I ever I had. ambiance is fine. As it is house converted to restaurant, it is not too fancy. service was good. Food was outstanding. As said, it is little pricy but I found it worth.

We will go again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you like gourmet Thai this restaurant does not dissapoint. The portions are nice the presentation is colorful and the flavors mesh well with just enough spice to remind you it is Thai. The owner/chef actually served us our lunch on our visit. Which made the experience that much better. The location is easy to find right in downtown Mason and parking is plentiful...

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love the curries here. Will go back again and again. The food is excellent. The building and space...tired, but effort made to make it nice. Certainly not a reason to hesitate going here. Give it a try.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This beautiful restaurant is right in the heart of Old Mason in a building that has been many restaurants over the past many years. Banana Leaf has been here for several years and is the BEST Thai food I have ever had. We eat here at least once a month and the food has never been less than delicious. The amazing Chef Pom and his wife are so friendly and always make us feel welcome. We always start with the Tofu Tower appetizer which is lightly fried Tofu served with two home made sauces, a Plum sauce (the best ever) and a Cucumber relish. Both of us as well as both of our children LOVE this appetizer. I always get the Trio Mahi Mahi and is consistently one of the best dishes I have ever had anywhere. The flavors are divine and the home made Trio sauce is an amazing blend of spices & goodies that I cannot adequately explain. My husband alternates between the Pad Thai and different Curry dishes and they are all delicious! Spice level can be made to your liking making this perfect for everyone including my father who does not like any spice at all. The Mango & sticky rice dessert is a perfect ending to a perfect meal. Highly recommend.