“Very Accommodating to Dietary Preferences”

Banana Leaf Modern Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Banana Leaf Modern Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 156 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mason Montgomery Rd.
Description: Banana Leaf Modern Thai provides a treat for all the senses! Each dish is homemade and presented as a work of art. Menu favorites include Curry dishes, Spring Rolls, and of course the wildly popular Pad Thai. For those wanting to try new things, our Chef creations include Filet Mignon Panang and Crispy Diva Sea Bass. We also offer brown rice and vegetarian inspired dishes. Much of the produce is organic and we support locally grown. Don"t be surprised to see the Chef open the kitchen door to snip herbs from the outdoor patio! The decor completes the dining experience with each room on both floors uniquely decorated and upbeat global music plays in the background. Enjoy tapas and wine in the lounge or dine outdoors in nice weather on our two outdoors patios. Both are beautifully landscaped and include waterfalls. Open 7 days for lunch and dinner. Large parties are welcome and reservations are recommended. We look forward to serving you!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Accommodating to Dietary Preferences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

A group of 4 of us went to dinner. One was a vegetarian. The other did not eat pork or shellfish. One of the first things our helpful waitress told us was that they could adapt all of the dishes to meet dinner preferences or restrictions. (While some reviews mentioned the time it took to get the food, at least in part that is because almost everything is prepared fresh which allows them to be so accommodating.) Those of us who enjoy meat were able to order it and those who did not were able to select tofu. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals, which we were able to order on a mild to spicy scale of 1 to 5. It was a little pricey in light of what we received and the somewhat small portion sizes of a few of the dishes but the fact that everyone was very satisfied was well worth the cost to me! If you choose to go, reservations are a must because this restaurant is very small.

• Visited August 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, will go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I must say the food was good, service is SLOW, but the great wine kept me happy. an Australian Syrah! Server friendly but extremely busy, I guess.? ?

• Visited August 2012
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I was in Mason for business with three members of my staff and I took them to Banana Leaf on a recommendation from someone who lives in the area. It did not disappoint any of us. It a pretty little place with very pleasant decor. Our server was very friendly and she did a great job with giving us food recommendations according dish popularity and our desire to try certain items. She recommended the King Cobra as an appetizer and we loved it. I had Mahi Mahi in a red Thai sauce and it was fabulous. My dinner companions really liked their curry and the Pad Thai. The only thing that was just so-so was the dessert. We shared chocolate lava cake and it was a bit dry. This place is definitely on my list to come back to when I'm in Mason again.

Dublin, Ohio
“Don't Bother!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was so hoping for a good Thai meal and was sorely disappointed. The restaurant is quait, cozy and the owner is very likeable. However, having said that, the food was not up to par and WAAAAY overpriced! The Phad Thai had chicken which was dry and the noodles looked like regular egg noodles. The potstickers were half the size of the ones I get locally, no better and twice the price! I paid $19 for a meal I would have gotten at my local Thai restaurant for $10. I should have taken the hint when I stopped by on a Saturday evening at 8pm and there were only 2 tables full. There was a reason for that! I will NOT be trying it again!

• Visited July 2012
Franklin, OH
“Great if you have time to spare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

It took 1/2 hour to get our appetizer, then another 45 minutes for our entrees to arrive. During this waiting period, my friend and I decided that the food had better be phenomenal for us to return. Surprisingly, it was! I had the green curry while my friend had the pad thai -- both were very good. We'll be going back, but armed with the knowledge that it could take two or three hours to eat there.

• Visited June 2012