“Loved it!”

The Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #4 of 159 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The owner/chef Todd Hudson uses locally grown ingredients to create fresh and very delicious dishes. He has won several awards. It is in a beautiful old home and they serve locally roasted coffee and locally bottled wines. It is a wonderful place.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Some coworkers took me there for lunch because I was retiring, and I had heard good things about the food and service. It lived up to it's reputation, the food and service were really great. I love the homey ambiance, didn't get to see the upstairs, but will go back.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Even if you set aside the "local" and "organic" part of this restaurant, the food is simply delicious. Maybe the reason the menu is so special, is because the food is so carefully chosen, but we could get into the chicken and the egg here. The menu is so creative and the food is always so well presented. I live in Mason and have eaten here several times and never been disappointed. And the staff is very friendly, too!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

After wanting to try The Wildflower for quite some time, I finally made it. The reviews I read stating it was awesome were right! Located in a converted home, with a bar upstairs, The Wildflower Cafe is a great change from the typical upscale restaurant. To start with, our waitress was fabulous! She made wonderful suggestions, from the wine and beer choices to the dessert! I knew I wanted to try the Lobster Cakes, and they were as delicious as I was led to believe they would be, while the shaved brussel sprouts served with them were extremely tasty. My dining partner had the steak du jour (he missed out on the bacon-wrapped filet as they didn't have any left, but ended with a sirloin). I made sure to save room for dessert and decided to go with the chocolate chip bread pudding, which was a good ending to the meal. I can honestly say I would visit The Wildflower Cafe every week if I could!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Hadn't been here in awhile. Located in an old house it was remodeled a few months ago and it much improved the ambiance and comfort. Only problem is that the entrance is in the rear and there is nothing to indicate that. The food is still great, heavily favoring locally grown ingredients. We came for fish but unfortunately they were out. Had ribs, Brussels sprouts and mashed sweet potatoes instead and they were delicious. Huge portion- had to take some home. Decent wine and beer list. Reasonable prices. Knowledgeable servers. Make sure you find out their specials and what they are out of BEFORE you read the menu. Great desserts. Good place to go to catch up with friends and have a good meal. Located off the beaten path on the edge of beautiful downtown Mason. Parking is obviously not a problem. Reservations are a necessity most nights.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Awesome Awesome Awesome!
Great wholesome food, prepared creatively and perfect and great service.
Enough said.