“Charming Lovely organic experience”

The Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #4 of 159 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The owner/chef Todd Hudson uses locally grown ingredients to create fresh and very delicious dishes. He has won several awards. It is in a beautiful old home and they serve locally roasted coffee and locally bottled wines. It is a wonderful place.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have been to this lovely little place several times and fall more in love with it every single time!~ We like that the owners try to buy local and keep it as natural and organic as possible even picking fresh herbs from the garden right there at the cafe!! We are not big in to the organic movement because we feel you lose some taste, but that is NOT the case at this place...all nartuaral and all delicous!! try the butternut squash ravioli if it is in season because it is unique and so yummy!~ Also the burger on a pretzel bun is AWESOME and the beef is bought right from a local farmer!! The price is a little higher but as the chef and owner explained, he charges a little more to offer a whole lot more flavor and quality...worth every single penny!~ The atmospher is very bohemian and you have to walk through the kitchen to get to some of the tables...you really feel like you are part of the family when you eat there!~ Try it...it will be added to your favorite places I assure you!~

1  Thank Tiffany P

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I grew up in Mason before I moved to Virginia Beach, where we're having a serious local, organic food pandemic (in a good way!). I wanted to help ease my parents into the mindset, so I googled and came across this gem, right in Mason's downtown!
This is a relatively casual, small restaurant, and reservations are definitely recommended. When we called to make dinner reservations, they had "2 seatings," so be sure to call ahead! I was excited to see some local microbrews, including some delicious (if slightly pricey) looking Belgians, and some local wine blends as well.

For dinner, we tried a few things. As an appetizer, the Truffled Mushroom Fonduta was fantastic, and even my mom (who doesn't like mushrooms) helped to scrape the last bit off the plate. The country breads were freshly baked and good, nothing over the top.

For entrees, one of us got the pick 2, with a mouthwatering gourmet grilled cheese, soup of the day, and sautéed veggies (good, but VERY SALTY!). The daily pasta was a tasty mozzarella dish, very good. The wild-caught salmon was amazing, and the beef dish came on skewers, and while good, seemed a little bit dry and over-cooked (it was also the only one left, so one of us had to pick something else).

Overall, a great restaurant with a friendly atmosphere, and hopefully the beginning of Cincinnati's local slow food movement!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to The Wildflower Cafe with a group of women for lunch. We all had a variety of dishes and everyone was excited by the presentation as well as the flavors. From salad to dessert to wine, this little restaurant has it all. One of a kind dishes that make your mouth water. The decor is very homey and comfortable. I had the Rasta Pork Belly and it was a unique flavor of bbq, sweet, but not too sweet, tangy but not too tangy. With the fresh vegetables of squash, onion, and sweet potato, it was delicious. He makes a wonderful bread pudding with blueberries. I have never had it that way and it was very good as well. If you want something a little different, very fresh and very tasty, then this is the place to go!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a very small cafe and coffee house that specializes in local food and adult beverages. Mason is a northern Cincinnati suburb these days, very convenient to Kings Island and the Western Southern Tennis Open. The food is delicious, fresh, and served in a friendly atmosphere. It is small, so call ahead!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

On a busy family vacation, we made a special "time-out" to try Wildflower Cafe as a treat for my foodie wife. We called a day ahead and made a reservation as recommended and are glad we did. When we arrived for lunch, only a few tables were seated but, by the time we left, the place was packed out. The atmosphere was quaint and unique and the kids thought it was cool to be seated on a bench in front of the window with pillows to sit back on. The temperature of the dining area was perfectly comfortable (we sat downstairs). Our waitress was bright and cheerful and rattled off a list of available dishes and specials as we prepared to order. The food was fantastic. We found ourselves passing dishes around to try each other's meals. We all agreed that the Wildflower Salad is possibly the best salad any of us have ever had in our lives. I am generally a burger and fries kind of guy and only ordered the salad because I needed something light after a week of fast food and pizza. I also didn't read the menu very carefully as I didn't notice until after I ordered that it had strawberries and raspberry vinaigrette (yuck, right?). To tell you the truth, I was kind of dreading it before it came. Turned out to be the best culinary mistake I have ever made. It was refreshing and packed with amazing flavor in every bite and my wife stole about half of it. I would eat this salad every day if I could. But EVERYTHING was good here. I even ate all of the "minted cucumber salad" on my wife's quiche plate. The kids devoured their "not kid food" meals (soup and salad for one and chicken club for the other) and loved the strawberry lemonade. My wife finished things off by getting a HUGE slab of blueberry bread pudding to take back to the hotel with us and finished it off for dinner. It was also sensational (even though I mysteriously only got to eat one bite of it). Look, I don't generally like to go out of my way to find places to eat but this is well worth a quick side trip if you are in the Mason area. Thanks tripadvisor for turning us on to this special little place!

1  Thank Kelly L