Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason
$89
ComfortSuites
$109
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$96
  • Restaurant
$180
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsgreat hotelkings islandbusiness centerfront desk staffgraeter's ice creamlocation was perfectcomfortable roomsvery nice stayrestaurants and shoppingother hotelsenjoyed my staywould stay here againfree breakfastfitness roomlobby areahot tubcoffee maker
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel is a contemporary design, which makes it feel clean inside and out. It has two outdoor areas with tables/chairs in the front that is nice to use for breakfast etc. Breakfast is $9.95pp and you can have an omelet made (which was quite good) and some other options (waffles, french toast) along with the buffet options. The hotel also has an indoor pool that is open from 6am-11pm. Both rooms we stayed in were very clean (we decided to stay one more night after checking out that morning). One plus of the room is the ability to choose your beds firmness with an air control on the side. Rooms were not hot when first entered and easily cooled to 70, quickly.

The hotel is situated in an area that has plenty of fast food/restaurants to choose from without going far (1 mile max) and you could easily walk over to Carrabba's. The hotel is close off the exit and also just one exit (10 mins max) from Kings Island, which is where we spent one day. We also went to the zoo/aquarium during our stay and they are both about a 20 minute drive away.

Overall our stay was very good. In all honesty, I would consider ourselves somewhat picky and we do compare many hotels and their reviews before selecting one. This one seemed to be our best option, with a price. While it was nice, quiet, clean and comfortable, there was nothing memorable about the hotel or anything that exceeded my expectations.

The only thing disappointing in my mind is that with the hotel being so close to a large amusement park you would think there would be a hot tub for guest after a long day of walking etc. It would also be nice if the pool was open later than 11pm for a late night swim since Kings Island closes at 10pm.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a clean and quiet stay near Kings Island or Cincinnati.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tb_cruzin
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your detailed description of the area. This is always so helpful for future guests considering our hotel for future stays.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time your travel needs bring you back to the Mason, Ohio area.

Have a great day.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been coaching travel baseball for over 10 years now and have been all over the country with both of my teams and have never experienced anything like this in my life! Additionally I’m a Vice President with a large bank that has a corporate rate with this hotel of which I use very frequently for business and my corporate office will be notified with this review along with letters to corporate offices.

Even though there was a giant dance competition going on our boys were targeted as well as segregated.

Wednesday - Complaint that we as parents were not being considerate to the hotel by drinking our own beer on the patio while the hotel bar was open.

Thursday - first complaint of noise due to a few kids running (was it our boys or the teenage girls)? We don't know but out team got the call. Second complaint followed while we were playing a baseball game but again it must have been our boys that were at the ballpark making all the noise.
This complaint warranted a warning that if we received another complaint we would be asked to leave. HMMM, we weren't there.

Friday - Breakfast staff repeatedly targeted one boy on our team for not having shoes own while he was getting breakfast but ironically there were three other patrons that didn't have shoes either but nothing was said to them.

We come back to the hotel after again being gone all day with a Letter Under our doors made specifically out to our team that essentially gave our boys their own set of hotel rules. Didn't know that was legal. Additionally I went up to the desk clerk that night and questioned the letter and stated that we could easily take our business elsewhere and I was told “Good Luck”. I would also like to point out to whoever wrote the letter needs to learn how to use spell check when using Microsoft Office as it tells you when you spelled something wrong. The word curteous is spelled with an E not an I.

Saturday - Segregation at breakfast now, all the dancers and our team were moved away from the lobby to eat our food down the hall away from the other guest. Didn't have access to all the food and on top of it, we were forced to use paper products for our meals and silverwhere when the other eating area had regular china.

After being gone all day again we walked into the lobby around midnight with the boys and we were asked if we were the ones that threw cups in the pool. We responded with we haven't been here for the last 12 hours or more. Guilt by association I guess.

Sunday - Breakfast segregation again and when it was 5 minutes prior to the buffet ending we were told if we wanted something from the other side that would be ok. Gee thx for the hospitality.

As a team we were in the Mason area two weeks ago and stayed across the street at Marriot with out one complaint and I assure you that our team couldn’t wait to leave the Hilton Garden Inn this past Sunday and will not be planning a stay with them every again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Ryan S
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Hello:
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. Your experience is not typical at our hotel and I would like to clearly outline the issues that were presented to our staff this past weekend.

The management team spoke to both boys and girls when they were found running through the hallways and being very loud. However there seemed to be continual issues with the boys after speaking with them, such as knocking on guest room doors and being found in our banquet rooms on Thursday afternoon. Friday morning they were caught by our Executive Housekeeper throwing ice in the hallway and hitting our housekeeper. By Friday morning we had to move two guests to other rooms away from the team due to noise complaints they encountered on Thursday evening and refunded money to one guest for their stay Thursday evening. I had spoken to the coach's wife on Friday morning and explained the issues we were encountering with the team and asked her to please have the coach speak with the team and I did mention to her that if we had any further complaints from guests we would ask the team to leave the hotel. She was very understanding and agreed with me when I mentioned that I would like to put notices by each team door reminding them of our 10:00pm quiet time. This letter was only presented to the team on Friday due to the number of guest complaints we received. We were very appreciative that the coach spoke to the team as we had no further issues the rest of the weekend. Also we had no request from any of our other hotel guests asking to be moved from the floors where the dance teams were located.

With regards to breakfast and the boys with no shoes. I'm sure you would agree other restaurants would not allow their patrons to walk into a restaurant without shoes due to health code regulations.

Additional buffet was set up Saturday and Sunday only to accommodate our full house of guests. I apologize if our servers were not clear in explaining that all other areas of the other buffet were still available to the groups.

We have teams stay at our hotel all the time and select our hotel because of our outdoor patio area by the pool. We have in no way discouraged our guests from bringing in their own alcoholic beverages into the patio area. As a matter of fact we had a team stay at our hotel two weeks ago who loved our hotel and loved the fact that they could come back after their game and sit on the patio. We even assisted them in grilling some hot dogs and hamburgers to go along with their beers.

Our goal is to please all of our guests during their stay and I apologize that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I do hope that providing you with the above information will give you a better understanding of our situation and our best attempts to resolve all of our guests concerns.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on a recent trip to Kings Island. Booked about 30 rooms for our group. Check in was smooth. Rooms very clean and spacious. Hotel staff very nice. Hotel very close to Kings Island. Also a plus that Greaters ice cream is in the parking lot. Would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank bwwilliams65

Hello:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your 5 star review and detailed feedback. Because of wonderful reviews such as your review we recently just became the #1 hotel in our area and again we thank you!

We hope to see you again should you return to the Mason, Ohio area.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Clean, new, friendly and very well located for Kings Island. We use this hotel yearly for our visit there. The nearby restarunts are not plentiful, but certainly enough. About a 10-15 drive to Kings Island

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Jeremy H

Hello:

We are very appreciative of your recent stay as well as the positive review you wrote regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for the endorsement of our hotel. We would be honored to accommodate you in the future should your travel needs bring you back to the Mason Ohio area.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel was clean and "over the top" in friendliness and helpfulness. We were traveling w/our daughter's family which included young children and they honored our adjoining rooms request. Very clean and quiet. Would like to have seen magnifying make up mirror and in-room safe. About 10-15 minutes from King's Island.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Dawn S
Peter J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Hello Dawn,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of our Hotel. I'm sure glad we were able to take good care of you and your family when you were traveling through our city. We hope you get a chance to visit us again!