Dear Hilton Management,
I wish I were writing to tell you how you exceeded our expectations on a recent family trip in which we stayed at your Hilton Garden Inn located in Mason, Ohio. Unfortunately, you were unable this time to even meet our expectations. First, I want to give some credit to LaQuinta who did inquire as we were checking out this morning as to the quality of our stay. When I told her, “ok” she pressed a bit and my wife explained the circumstances of our stay. We don’t think she really had the authority to offer us anything in terms of a future stay or discount on our stay, etc. – but she did apologize and indicated to us that she would personally follow-up.
Here is our story: We arrived at check-in and immediately after taking our name to look up our reservation, the first comment out of the front desk person was “how did you get that rate?” I asked if this was a good thing or bad thing but he seemed shocked that it was good rate and somehow we had gotten it. Fortunately, the attendant next to him spoke up and said it was a new rate and we completed our check-in. The conversation just did not set well and then we had to further prod as breakfast was to be included in our stay when we booked. Eventually we got this straight.
We went upstairs to find that our rooms were not connecting as we had requested in our reservation. This was important because we were traveling with our family and have kids. Going back downstairs in an attempt to work this out, the first response from this same front desk person was “we don’t have them.” I insisted that they do have them just as requested since we stayed in a nearly identical property in Loveland, Ohio about a month ago or so. Fortunately again for us the other attendant said “let me run upstairs” and then he called down and we were given a couple of rooms that connected.
We went upstairs and went about our evening. Our family went down to the pool and my wife and I were out on the patio when a member of your staff came out to smoke. He did ask if it was ok but what are you really going say but we’re guessing that if he needed smoke Hilton probably does not want him out in the patio where guests are hanging out. It was closest door to the front desk.
The next morning our stay got even more bizarre. While having breakfast my daughter noticed that there were strawberries on my plate as a garnish. She wanted a small dish of strawberries so my wife asked for a small dish. The restaurant personnel told her that “we don’t serve those to guests?” What?? Fortunately she was overheard by another staff member who took charge and took care of us. She was great help and we left her a good tip for helping us out.
Now, your property is very clean and well maintained and our second day was much better. The food was good and waitress that helped us out in the morning both days was super. I wish I would have remembered her name so you could recognize her as well. The beds were very nice and comfortable. We stay at a lot of hotels everywhere from the Ritz Carleton to Hilton Properties, etc. but this was a real let down. You missed it Hilton – sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason is a newly built, full service hotel that is conveniently located near Kings Island Amusement Park, Beach Water Park and several sports complexes. With easy access to I-71, you're minutes away from local shopping malls, downtown Cincinnati, IKEA and more. Our gorgeous hotel is perfect for both business and leisure travelers. Whether you want to take a swim in our indoor pool, get your fitness on in our fitness center or enjoy a delicious meal at our on-site restaurant, The American Grill, you're sure to have a memorable experience. Each room offers your choice of a King or Double Queen Garden Sleep System™, large work desk and ergonomic Herman Miller chair, two phones with voicemail, speaker phone and data ports, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access,32-inch LCD TV, microwave oven, Keurig coffee pot with selection of coffee and teas with creamers and mini-refrigerator, hair dryer, iron and ironing board and clock radio with MP3 connection. With the Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, there is no need to sacrifice comfort for convenience - we have it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason Hotel Mason
- Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason Ohio