“Staff On Point, Outdated Decor, Good for Company Meetings”

Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Staff On Point, Outdated Decor, Good for Company Meetings”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our father travels often for work and basically has been living at this hotel for 2 months while working in the Cincinnati area. We live in the Chicago area sand drove up for fathers day weekend and decided to stay with him at the hotel for a few days. What the hotel lacks in updated decor, they make up in incredible service. The hotel is close to the highway and also a lot of eating options as well as shopping. If you ask the front desk they have a whole list of great options to give you. The hotel has two pools (indoor/outdoor), a workout room and a few different ways you can get in or out which is convenient as the parking lot fills up. My dad hosts meetings for his company here and says the staff always does an awesome job for them and continue to book for upcoming events. The restaurant does a good job with the menu and offers a good array of options for a foodie at heart.

Room Tip: If you have many people ask for the suite and the room next to the suite as you can then open all th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tacoma
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here one night while in town for a course. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. The facilities are very nice. The room was comfortable, clean and well equipped. The restaurant had standard hotel fare. The location is good with good access to major highways.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I regularly use this hotel for my business travel to Cincinnati. Located convenient place just outside of the highway exit. It is not a very new facility. However, it is maintained well and make may stay comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ShonWata
cookeville
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were moving our son to Cincinnati and are Marriott Rewards members, so had an e ticket to use and picked this hotel. Boy, are we glad that we did! Lobby was beautiful and check in was fast and friendly. We arrived late as the move was long and draining AND we looked AWFUL, but the girl was as nice as could be. The manager on duty was Micah - very nice and they are lucky to have him at the Marriott. Room was quiet for a Saturday night and beds comfortable. Our son lives close by now and will definitely stay at this hotel again. You cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: We were to the north side and was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buckeyeCookeville
New Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Here on business for one night, and I had to stop and write a review based on the fantastic service at this hotel. First, I asked for an early check-in, 9:30am, which is super early but they accommodated me! I used online checkin which was great, and I got a notification at 9:15 on my cell that my room was ready! When I arrived, I was told they hotel was sold out last night but they had housekeeping clean a room first thing so it would be ready for me-AWESOME.

Then, the hotel front desk attendant walked around, gave me my key and then walked me to the elevator down the hall-super nice.

As I spent the day in and out, every staff member I walked by said hello with a smile, the nicest staff. Ever.

I chose to stay in and have dinner at the hotel River City cafe, even though there were a bunch of places off site. Pleasantly surprised!!!! Had a glass of Malbec, really good. And ordered a petite salad and the chicken. All was REALLY good. To top it, the bartender was super nice, greeted me by name, I never wanted for a thing!

The hotel itself is not updated, but it's clean and the beds are comfy. But with the service, you don't even notice that the wallpaper might not be on trend.

Overall food property but the service makes them shine!!!! I travel weekly and this place rises to the top, I'll drive 20 min to downtown to stay here for the service on my next trip.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank seversandheller
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stay at this Marriott on an almost-weekly basis for business. My first week, I had a minor housekeeping issue that was not only resolved immediately, but the managers, David and Che, personally reached out to me to ensure that the issue was resolved. Now, everytime I see one of them they stop and ask how my room is. Not to make any other frequent visitors jealous (smile), but housekeeping also regularly leaves towel elephants and towel puppies on my bed with a snack or note when I check in! It's this type of premium customer service, which is consistent across ALL staff here, that make this one of my favorite business hotels. If you need anything during your stay, just ask and the staff will go above above and beyond to ensure that you are happy!

Room Tip: The hotel has two perpindicular hallways with several rooms that face the highway. If highway noise...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sidney, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was the second year in a row that I stayed there for a Rotary conference. This year the conference offered a family option and we took the kids. The front desk staff were classic Marriott...friendly and efficient. The sleeping room was very clean and comfortable. The conference facilities were first-rate and the staff was outstanding. The bartender who was there last year was still there this year and that says something about how Marriott treats their staff. We had the breakfast buffet and it was very good with a nice variety of choices from bagels and fruit to cereal to eggs and bacon and sausage. The staff really do make they stay very nice. They are attentive and efficient but not overly so. Even the housekeeping staff smile and say hello when they pass you in the hallway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business