Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
$84
$76
ComfortSuites
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$69
$170
$163
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe concierge loungekings islandsoccer teamindoor poolroom servicenice hotelbit datedrecent staywould definitely stay here againthree nightsbusiness tripfitness roomstaying at this hotelfront desk staffoff the highwaybathroom doorlobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a two-day visit to King's Island and we were beyond pleased! It was all of a 3 minute drive from King's Island. The staff were absolutely wonderful and friendly. I do recommend reservations during peak King's Island season as we learned they were sold out.

We got a king room and paid $145. For that price you would think there would be a fridge and microwave, but there wasn't in our room, so keep that in mind if you need one. Other than that, the room was very nice. The bed was super super comfortable. I liked that the comforter was down-filled with a duvet cover which they wash after every guest, which is rare in a hotel. The shower was also very nice. The only complaint was that the number of cable channels was kinda limited. My husband and I don't have cable at home, so when we stay in hotels (especially one at this price) we look forward to watching tv. We were so worn out after the park though, that we we weren't awake for too long.

We did order a late dinner from room service and it was phenomenal!! When we placed our order, we were told it would be about an hour. We were pleasantly surprised when it was delivered only 30 minutes later! I got the Mac and Fries cheeseburger that was very good. My husband got the Pork Belly Cubano on a pretzel bun and it was just to die for! Oh man!

We didn't have time to check out the pools or other amenities. We were also impressed that even though the hotel was full of lacrosse players there for a tournament, we didn't have any issues with noise.

We will definitely stay here again next time we come to King's Island!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is just off the highway in an area with several malls with decent dining choices. Area looks to be semi-residential and quite safe. There are several other hotels near by as well.

In terms of design, the hotel while maintained is dated. The owners of the hotel could do with an exterior facelift and definitely a lobby redesign.

Rooms were clean but small, pretty typical for a 3-star hotel.

The bar only had 2 beers on tap - with one being a "bourbon" beer rather than a proper lager or ale. In any case, they did have several choices in bottles. The mixed drinks I ordered tasted ok too.

Internet is not free and costs 9.95 per day which was a disappointment. On the positive side, the hotel has a decent TV channel line-up.

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were pretty poor; the pillows were not feather filled (allergies?) which is OK, but the pillows were worn and not fluffy - they felt spongy. Air condition in the room was noisy, but at least it was powerful.

Bathroom was pretty standard, shower head could use a replacement too.

Nothing spectacular, but what can you expect in Mason? Good enough for business travel, but next time I'll probably try one of the several other hotels just down the street.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are non-smoking which is nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

What a nice property and friendly staff. Stayed the weekend and enjoyed the great outdoor pool. There is also an indoor pool so no matter the weather there is a pool to enjoy. The staff are friendly and very helpful especially Courtney in the lounge who made some great food suggestions.

• Stayed: May 2013
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

IndyGuy -

Thanks for taking the time to recognize our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon.

Safe travels.

David Lanterman

Reviewed May 1, 2013

First, I believe this Marriott is owned by the same franchisee who has other Marriott's in the Cincy area. Let's just say whoever is in charge of their customer service should be hired by Marriott corporate. Service is top notch. Everyone is always smiling and offering to help. Amazing service for a Marriott.

The hotel itself is ok. The rooms could use a bit of an update. I heard it was built to be a Holiday Inn but did not open as one and Marriott got it instead. The fountain in the lobby can be a bit loud to try to conduct business.

The food is above average for a hotel restaurant. The Street Tacos were incredibly good and their lunch buffet is a bargain. Overall, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review us! You are correct, we operate several hotels in Cincinnati. Your comments are much appreciated. You will be happy to know, our hotel is scheduled for guestroom upgrades in the fourth quarter of 2013. I hope you will be back to enjoy them.

I have shared your feedback with my entire team as well as sister Cincinnati Marriott hotels. I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here recently with a baseball team. The hotel staff was very service oriented and somewhat patient given the number of kids running around. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel could use some updating. Back door to hotel was broken when I tried to enter with my key. Looked like someone tried to enter without a key. Would definitely stay here again. Decent workout facility and indoor pool as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thanks for the response. I especially appreciate the feedback regarding the back door. I have personally inspected it with my engineering team. We hope that you're tournament was a success! Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to serve you again next season.

David Lanterman