The hotel is just off the highway in an area with several malls with decent dining choices. Area looks to be semi-residential and quite safe. There are several other hotels near by as well.
In terms of design, the hotel while maintained is dated. The owners of the hotel could do with an exterior facelift and definitely a lobby redesign.
Rooms were clean but small, pretty typical for a 3-star hotel.
The bar only had 2 beers on tap - with one being a "bourbon" beer rather than a proper lager or ale. In any case, they did have several choices in bottles. The mixed drinks I ordered tasted ok too.
Internet is not free and costs 9.95 per day which was a disappointment. On the positive side, the hotel has a decent TV channel line-up.
The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were pretty poor; the pillows were not feather filled (allergies?) which is OK, but the pillows were worn and not fluffy - they felt spongy. Air condition in the room was noisy, but at least it was powerful.
Bathroom was pretty standard, shower head could use a replacement too.
Nothing spectacular, but what can you expect in Mason? Good enough for business travel, but next time I'll probably try one of the several other hotels just down the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the suburb of Mason, Ohio, our Kings Island hotel is near businesses, such as Anthem, Luxottica, Cintas, Vantiv, Procter & Gamble, Danaher, Makino, Mercy Health, popular attractions, shopping and more. We are the closest Marriott hotel to Kings Island and The Beach Waterpark. At the heart of our hotel is the Marriott Greatroom; flexible spaces with a contemporary style and design, that allow guests to work and play in their own way. It’s the spot to meet, eat and relax. The Marriott Greatroom features, multiple flat panel HDTVs, communal tables, a coffee bar proudly serving Starbucks®, and a chef-created menu of small plates, desserts and pours. Newly renovated Guest rooms feature the best amenities for a restful and productive stay; luxurious bedding, flat panel HDTVs, and ergonomic workstations. 13,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces are ideal for corporate meetings, wedding receptions, and other large or small events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cincinnati Marriott Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Hotel Mason
- Marriott Mason
- Marriott Hotel Mason
- Mason Marriott
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Mason, Ohio