“Very comfortable hotel”

Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here for the first time recently and was very impressed. The staff will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. They even showed us to our room and explained where things were along the hallways. Nice touch, Marriott. Now....if you could just not charge extra for internet at most of your hotels !! HA! This hotel does not charge for parking, however, which is very nice. Easy parking accessibility and close restaurants to walk to all around. It is a very quiet hotel and I LOVE the room darkening shades. Also, a nice touch ! We truly relaxed and slept in. They have a very clean pool - perfect water temperature for us and a nice radio station playing in the background. I loved how private the pool area was - in it's own courtyard with secure access and key needed which was nice. Towels were always clean and accessible. The gym was also very nice and easy to get to near the pool. The coffee counter they have in the lobby serves Starbucks coffee and has just the right amount of pastries, energy bars, fruit, snacks and drinks, etc.. Their lobby is very nice with clean, separate living areas with couches, chairs and a separate TV which makes it nice for family and friends to feel like they are hanging out in someone's living room ! We played cards on a coffee table and watched the big screen TV and it felt like we were the only ones there. Not noisy like some large sitting areas I have been to. There is also the River City Grille Restaurant which is excellent and attached to this hotel providing room service and drinks, etc.. Pretty close to Kings Island too. I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buckeyes46
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! I'm thrilled to read your regarding our new lobby area. We completed a renovation 6 months ago adding soft seating, communal tables and several televisions/docking stations. Feedback such as this will be used for future upgrades at our sister hotels.

The hotel business is simple. Listen to your customers, provide a clean/safe/well maintained hotel with team members that are "ready to serve". Your response was shared with each member of my leadership team. We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for staying with us. -DAL

David Lanterman, GM

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent the weekend here and although they had a large group meeting here, it was difficult to tell. The rooms were quiet and well appointed, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet at the River City Grill was hot, fresh and tasty. The servers there were especially attentive and happily provided my special order for takeout.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from I-71 as there can be road noise at times.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback! We are proud to serve you and your family this past weekend. I hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally on your next visit. Your decision to stay us makes a difference to all 120 Northeast team members. On behalf of each and every one, thank you. Safe travels, -DAL

David Lanterman, GM

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Marriott Northeast Hotel in Mason, Ohio was again very nice and hospitable. This year was different than other years because they had a host of young AAU girls teams staying there. They were very quiet and well behaved. The only problem that I had was that my key kept locking me out each time I left the room, but the staff there was excellent and each time they cured the problem.

Room Tip: Might want to stay on the back side away from the expressway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
dlanterman, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thanks for your response. I cannot thank you enough for you business. We look forward to serving you again shortly.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were in the cincinati area for 5 days for a basketball tournament. The staff of the Marriott went above and beyond our expectations. This hotel has a huge lobby and pool area that are great for large groups. Even though there is a bar & grill on site, the staff allowed us to order in meals for 40 people every night and seat everyone in the lobby. They even helped out with ice and silverware when we ran out. We couldn't ask for more. Would would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012

First and foremost, I hope you and your team played well! We were very impressed with the level of talent this tournament boasted. We were proud to be the host hotel. I have shared your comments with my entire team. Your feedback matters. We are proud to be ranked within the top 5 Marriott's in Customer Service. We hope to see you next year! -DAL

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This Marriott is just like any other in terms of the facility but the staff is unbelievably helpful and nice. They attitude of the staff is the most upbeat and congenial staff I have ever encountered. This staff could work at a Disney Resort. They are unbelievably friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Scalwag - I can't thank you enough for the kind comments. Our goal is to be the #1 ranked Marriott in North America for customer service. Your feedback will be shared with each and every member of my leadership team. chose to work in full service hotels because we are passionate about service and taking care of others. This type of feedback is gratifying for all 120 Northeast team members. I know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for selecting the Marriott NE. We look forward to serving you again!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel was great! It has a heated indoor pool and an outdoor pool with outdoor bar/grill walk up counter. Large lobby, many tvs for lounging around. A Starbucks in the lobby!! OUr room was very nice. We requested a refridgerator, so they brought one in. If you are a rewards member the consierge floor is great. There is breakfast and happy hour daily only on that floor. The gym is good for a hotel. There are free weights and a cable weight system, balls, treadmills and elliptical machines. All with personal tv sets and headphones. The hotel is right off I-70 and is in the middle of everything. Many restaurants very very close. Lots and Lots of shopping options. 5 miles to Kings Island. Definately would stay here again.

Room Tip: Become a rewards member!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Boyzmama - Your feedback regarding our lobby is appreciated. We recently completed a $1M renovation of our lobby and restaurant. We have included 5 different TV zones along with a fireplace, soft seating and Starbucks. I would invite you to dine in the RC Grill on your next visit. Since our renovation, our customers have ranked us within the top 10% in Restaurant Food Quality and Service. We are proud of the new concept. I'd strongly recommend our fish tacos. They are the staff's favorite.

Your feedback matters. I have forwarded your comments to my entire leadership team. All 120 Northeast team members will read your comments. You are a big deal!! We know you have a choice of hotels when you travel. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again.

David Lanterman

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the misfortune to be caught without power after a vicious storm swept through Cincinnati a couple of weeks ago. Since it was so hot out and there were people in my family that couldn't tolerate (medically) a non-air conditioned status for longer than an hour or two, I had to scramble and find a hotel to stay for the night.

While the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast was not the closest hotel I could have gone to, it was definitely the best option at the time and in retrospect was better than other, closer alternatives. The communication was top notch, from questions over the phone about availability, pricing, and presence of electricity or A/C (I found out the hard way that some hotels have no problem offering me a sweltering room for $190 a night), to checking in at the front desk and promising enforcement of a curfew for the youth baseball teams at 10 PM, all the way to check out.

The room was very clean and well kept, and the furniture/bed was comfortable and tidy. Plus, there was electricity and A/C - what more could you ask for!! Just kidding, but the bathroom was great, not a complaint here.

In fact, there wasn't much to pick on, but here's the list:
- Vending machines not well stocked - this may have been a momentary lapse, but I had to travel to 4 different floors to find a bottle of water in a vending machine. I opted to go that route since they were half the cost ($1.25) of a bottle at the front desk ($2.50).
- As you can see in the pictures, the walls are a bit bare - lots of empty space. This really is all I can find to complain about, there's not much!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, once again the communication was superb and thoughtful, given the circumstance I was in. Kudos to the staff for managing the hotel so well and providing a respite at the end of a long night.

Room Tip: I'd say to get as high a floor as possible to avoid any noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JB24003

JB24003 - Thank you for your feedback. I was the Manager on Duty that evening. I'm sure we crossed paths throughout the night. I'm thrilled to hear our FD team was proactive with curfew communication. Since you are local, I hope you will consider or refer us for any weddings, meetings or social events in the future. Our event team is outstanding!

I have forwarded your comments to all team members. In fact, a copy of your review is posted behind our Front Desk with "GREAT JOB" across at the top. We were proud to serve you under such tough conditions. I hope to see you soon!

David Lanterman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mason
Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#5 of 16 in West Chester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Mason
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason
TownePlace Suites Cincinnati Northeast/Mason

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!