“Fun place”

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mason
“Fun place”
Reviewed August 18, 2007

We spent one night at the Great Wolf Lodge with our two granddaughters, ages 3 and 4. The water park was clean and a blast. The room itself (kids cabin) was a nice touch but average in its decor and amenities. The disappointing part of the stay was that no one in our group got a good night's sleep because of the racket going on in the room above us...loud banging noise, hearing thumps across the floor, etc... I called to management at least 5 times every 30 mins starting at 9 PM and was given the assurance the problem would be remedied. It never was. Finally our troop became so exhausted that we fell asleep in spite of the loud noise. Management should have taken some action.

• Liked — water park
  • Disliked — management's response to loud guests disturbing our sleep
5 Thank Fpoland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My family and I just returned from the Great Wolf Lodge and will definitely be going back in the near future. I have two boys ages 2 and 8 1/2 and they both had a blast. My two year old cried everytime we left the waterpark. We stayed from Aug. 10 - Aug. 12, which was a weekend. I figured the water park would be packed on Saturday but this wasn't the case. We had reservations for the family suite but when we got there they upgraded us to the Loft room. We were happy about that. We ate at the buffet twice. The first night was horrible (Grandma theme). The second night was seafood and it was delicious. You could leave the resort and eat somewhere if you so desired as there were several restaurants within a short driving distance. The hotel staff is fantastic. I have no complaints about this lodge.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank IndianaBlondie
PA
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Checked in here on the Thursday before our vacation would end. Had come earlier in the week to see about extending or starting our trip here sooner, but decided not to in the end.

So anyways, need we say more!! This place was absolutely amazing!! From the second you pull onto the property, its captivating!! The inside lobby is gorgeous, very rustic, huge clocktower in the entrance that becomes animated at different times during the day. There are wolves posed above the fireplace mantal! Very friendly and courteous staff!! Rooms were gorgeous!! Very spacious for their cheapest rooms offered!!! Included two queen beds, and a living room area! Large tv, many channels, and beautiful bathroom!! All tiled and very pretty!! Large fridge and microwave included in the price of the room and coffee maker. Everything was so nice and plush in the room, of course, the hotel itself isnt very old yet. But still very very nice!!!

The waterpark itself is amazing!!! Breathtaking, sooo much to do for everyone of all ages!!

Game room downstairs was fun for kids and adults!

Ice Cream from their shop was great!

Gift shoppe was fairly priced and had a lot of nice items!!

We did their breakfast buffet before checking out and that too was very good! Homemade omeletts and lots of fresh choices for hot and cold foods! Courteous staff!!

We cannot wait to try this great wolf again and many others in the near future!!! Worth every penny we paid and we wish we would have stayed longer!!

PS, housekeeping staff was also extremely kind and friendly!! While walking around the hotel, they made you feel like you were a movie star/celebrity, especially to our children by waving, chatting and just being plain ole friendly with them!! A+++++

• Liked — Amazing overall!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank familyof4plus2
PA
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Our stay was from July 15-July 18.

We also stayed here on New Years Eve, 2 weeks after this resort opened, so this is our 2nd stay. First stay was with my husband and 2 kids, this time my mom came along instead of my husband and 2 kids ( 9 yo boy and 3 yo girl).

We all stayed in a kid camp room. First room the TV didn't work in the bunk bed room, so we were moved. We were actually upgraded to the waterpark level. The room was clean and in order. Plenty of towels and exceptional housekeeping.

We were able to unload the vehicle through our patio which was a big plus. We brought items for breakfast and lunch and only ate dinner out. It saved a ton of money. We ate at the Critter Bar twice and Pizza Hut once, all good meals.

The waterpark is awesome. I wish the water was a little warmer though. Its very chilly in the wave pool and kiddie area. I also think at times there could have been more lifeguards at the top of the slides. Sometimes they were so busy, you had to estimate when to go down the slide, not very safe.

I liked the idea that my 3 yo daughter could ride everything except the water rollercoaster. She's a daredevil . Since my kids are 5 1/2 years apart it sometimes is a challenge to find things for them to do together, but Great Wolf is excellent in that aspect and its one of the main reasons we returned.

We visited Kings Island also during our stay. There is a paved path from the resort to the park so you save on parking fees. We had a good time there also. Since my daughter is under 40" though alot of rides were off-limits but my 9 yo son was in heaven.

The kids both had fun in the Northern Lights arcade. They got some great prizes with their tickets. My daughter made a craft at the Cub Club. She had fun there also.

It was a very good experience and I can't say enough good things about the place, except its a 4 hour drive from us and I wish it was closer. But I'm sure we'll definetly return.

• Liked — The waterpark!
  • Disliked — The price of the room, far distance from home.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank SteelersfanPa
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We spent one night at the Great Wolf Lodge. The staff and overall hotel was very good. It stays very much in its "lodge" theme. The water park was clean, not too crowded, and had a wide variety of things to do. The outdoor pool was also very nice.

The super disappointing part of the stay was that no one in our group got a good night's sleep. The bed was the worst bed I have ever slept in and for $250 a night is was especially ridiculous. The hotel is only 8 months old but the mattress felt like it was about 20 years old. It visibly bowed in the middle and was so lumpy that I feel like I need a trip to the chiropractor's office. The bedding was also sub-par. The sheets were scratchy and cheap as were the blankets and pillows.

I can't understand why the rest of the room was done well with nice tile and countertops but the bedding was so awful. Also, the air conditioner in the room was extremely loud. Again, it seems like they inexeplicably went cheap on something that shouldn't have been.

I would maybe stay there again but I literally would bring my own sheets and maybe an air mattress.

Stayed July 2007
5 Thank karaindy
Reviewed June 18, 2007

This was our first stay at Great Wolf in Mason. It was absolutely wonderful, from check in--to our rooms--to our waterpark--to the staff! We have stayed at the Great Wolf in Sandusky but wanted to try Mason out also. It was amazing. The check in process was very quick, our rooms were ready early. Once we got in the rooms they were very clean. The grizzly suite has a really big jacuzzi bathtub. The waterpark was awesome! The wave pool is a blast for all ages! We had 6 children with us ranging from ages 2-9 and there was something for everyone. One of the favorite rides was the bowl ride and the roller coaster. I can't say since I am pregnant---although I did like the sweet shop very much!! You have to try out the chocolate covered chips, yummy! The staff from the people behind the desk to the house cleaning staff were very friendly. Also, to ease any fears about the chlorine, rash, and coughing issues--there was a slight chlorine smell but that is to be expected; however, none of us were coughing at all. My nephew even has asthma and he did not have any episodes. Make sure you periodically check their rates after you make the reservation, because if they have something at a better price, they will make the adjustment for you to save you the extra money---very wonderful!!! Enjoy and have a great time!

• Liked — the waterpark, something very everyone, friendly service
  • Disliked — that we couldn't stay longer!
6 Thank wazette
Indpls IN
Reviewed June 17, 2007

We stayed one night June 10. This place was the best. Room was very clean and check in was fast. This place was by far better than any Disney hotel we have ever stayed in and I think the kids enjoyed it more too. The life guards went out of their way to help any child. My 5 year old got a big case of the I can'ts and a life guard talked her into giving the lazy river a try and she loved it. Every life guard we came across was very friendly and tried to make the kids feel safe and tried to see that they were having a good time too. We
will be back!