“Lots of Fun”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
TN
“Lots of Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

I stayed here with my girl scout troop. We had to get 2 of the 2 bedroom suites as we have 12 girl and 4 adults. The water park is a lot of fun. A group of my friends and I decided to go to the arcade on the first night. The arcade was huge and non-stop fun for about 3 hours. I liked that our wrist band was the room key. We didn't have to worry about losing the key. The second night we decided to try the MagiQuest game. It was pretty fun. our room was very spacious. It was a fun trip a a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2009
Ahh...It sounds like you and the girls were able to take advantage of the Grizzly Bear suite. When traveling with a larger party, that is most definitely the way to go. Glad to hear that you played MagiQuest. That game is a blast. It does sound like you did not have the opportunity to experience what all of the girls here love...Scooops Kids Spa. On your next visit you will want to experience the ice cream themed Mani's and Pedi's that our spa offers. I thank you for choosing Great Wolf as a place to take your troop. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Patrick Alvarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed in a loft suite at the lodge. I was impressed with the staff they resolved any issues we needed help with.
We ate at the buffet for breakfast and it was well work the $12.00 we spent. I was impressed how the buffet had a variety of selections and fresh food to eat.
I only had one complaint after 11:30 pm they had nothing for the adults to do.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank wdeegg
Comox Valley, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

After 4 days on the road, this stop was quite a nice surprise. From check-in to check-out, everything was worry free. The wrist band keys/room chargers made for a stress free stay, and allowed us to keep the fun going without worrying about taking a wallet/room keys etc. There were some things we noticed in our more than spacious room that were in need of some attention, but with as many guests as this resort gets, it was nothing that was not expected. The room was comfortable and roomy, and while we did not have a great view from the balcony, it was nice to sit out there and relax after our daughter was in bed. This room was exactly what they advertise. It was wonderful.

The staff were friendly, but we did find the ones running the MagicQuest game shop to appear rather bored with things, and made the whole thing seem boring to our daughter. She was anything but. I have to say that hiding extra 'magic' items all over the hotel was a neat way to keep them hunting once the game was over.

The water park was great! There was water coming up from the floor, over your head and almost anywhere else you could think of, and considering it was a Friday night, and the resort was full, they keep the lines for the slides moving and it did not feel crowded. Even the common areas of the hotels were not packed with people despite the reosrt being full that night.

All in all a great stay, and for the price we payed, well worth it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

We just returned from a one night stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and we had a great experience. We have a 4 yr old and she could take part in every aspect of the park except for the water rollercoaster. However, I can see where older kids might get bored after awhile. For 2 days in the waterpark for a one night stay you can't beat the value. Especially considering that any water park visit from our hometown would include a hotel stay. We opted for the "cheap" room with the breakfast package. The room was very clean and we enjoyed the seperate sitting area. Also the in room refrigerator and microwave were appreciated as well. For dinner on the night of the stay we opted for the bar and grill restaurant which was comparably priced to Applebees or one of those type chain restaurants. The food was good not great but it was nice to not have to leave the hotel. We were there on an non-peak day so the crowds were not an issue at all. I don't think I would want to be there during a major peak time such as spring break as I can see how crowded it could be. The room was a little noisy with the heathen kids above us running up and down the hall and slamming doors but that is the parents fault not the hotels. At the quiet hour when the noise continued we made a phone call to the desk and they said it would be taken care of and it was. We did not hear a peep again that night. We will definitely make this an annual family event.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kymama01
Central Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

We stayed 2 nights in the Family Leisure suite because we knew our kids (5 and 3) were too young to really enjoy the bigger rooms. Our room was just as pictured. We had to call room service though because we did not have enough towels for 5 people. We had them in about 5 minutes though. My sister, who traveled with us, decided to take a shower when we arrived since we had a long day at King's Island. Well, the drain was clogged. So we had to call again, but someone was up to fix the problem within 10 minutes. The kids really enjoyed the water park. The kid slides and the pool were the biggest hit. My husband really enjoyed the bigger water slides. We did have one issue with room service - we had asked that our beds be made up (sheets aren't fitted and just barely fit the bed, so when you wake up, the bottom sheet is around your waist and your feet are on the mattress itself). One bed was made up, the second bed, when we pulled down the blankets, the bottom sheet was still in the middle of the bed leaving the bottom half of the mattress still exposed. That was disappointing.

As far as the food, we had the breakfast buffet at the Loose Moose Cottage. It was OK. The best food on the buffet was the fried apples and the french toast stix. Everything else was lacking in flavor. Out of the 5 of us, only 1 was impressed with the buffet. We had our other 2 meals at the Camp Critter Grill which was very good. We all agreed that it was the best meal we had during our 3 days in Mason. We did get some of the fudge from the Bear Claw cafe to take home - I HIGHLY recommend it. The fudge is VERY good.

The kids really enjoyed tie-dying their own shirts at the Cub Club. They also really enjoyed story time at the clock tower. I recommend getting there very early as we were seated in the back and it was difficult to hear. We also purchased the MagiQuest game. The girls were really too young to understand the game, but had fun just seeing what everything said. Their enjoyment made it worth the $25 and now we have a wand for whenever we return.

Our favorite feature though was the balcony! We had a great view of the King's Island fireworks each night. It was nice to be able to enjoy those without having to leave the room. The biggest disappointment though...it's advertised that there's a walking path between the lodge and King's Island -- what they don't share with you is that this path is at least 1 mile long. It's a long trek back after an exhausting day at King's Island.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank momto2dds
ashville ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2009

We were return customers and have always loved staying here. This time I was disappointed with how my concern with a moldy shower floor was handled. My teenage daughter her friend and I stayed in the majestic bear suite. The most expensive suite at the discounted price of 300 dollars/night. This has two full baths. A must with two teenage girls. The girls shower floor had black mold build uo in the corners and around the drain. It was gross. The girls would not use the shower and I did not blame them. I called at 5:30pm our first night to report the problem amd was told someone would be right up. Never happened. The girls used my shower. The next morning I called again same answer same result. An hour later I called for a manager who was not in their office I left a message on voicemail and then told the front desk no one had been up yet. Ame answer same result, nothing. The girls used my shower to get ready to go over to Kings Island. On the way out of the lobby I stopped at the front desk and again explained the situation. The manager still was too busy to see me. I aske for a bottle of Tilex and said I could clean it myself. I specifically got this room for the two full bathrooms. They assured me it would be taken care of when we got back. The shower was finally scrubbed up but they really should regrout the floor . It was cleaner but stained from Mold build up. At 300 dollars a night I do not expect lockerroom like conditions. They never apologized again. Never heard from the manager. I was very disappointed at how this was handled.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank chrisalli
Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

The facility is fairly new and clean, and the rooms were nice. The water park offers modestly challenging water slides - anyone over 12 will likely get bored quickly. However, since it is an indoor park, it is the only waterpark option much of the year in Ohio. The lines were fairly long, and it is rather expensive.
We stayed one night, had dinner and breakfast there, and spent just under $500.00. The amount of fun we got out of this facility simply did not match the cost. We are unlikely to return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2009
I appreciate the response to your recent stay at Great Wolf Lodge - Mason, OH. We opened just a few years ago so we are the newest and largest indoor waterpark resort in the area and with Kings Island next door, we're a great place for a family vacation. To save some money next time, make sure to sign-up for the E-Pack and receive special discounts and information. You can find the sign-up form on our website's home page. Also don't forget our website for upcoming specials and deals. Hope to see you again soon.
Best,