“Another great stay!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I believe this stay was even better than our last one because we knew what we should do and what to avoid. We had a room on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. This is a great time of the year to go because it's not packed.

The chorine smell was almost non-existent this time. I guess they have to super-chlorinate during holiday/break time when it's packed day after day. The water coaster was acting up, and people kept getting stuck, so we avoided that altogether. Too bad because I really love that ride.

We got smart and brought food to eat in our room rather than eating at the restaurants there, and then we went to the sweets shop on the waterpark level for a bedtime snack after the waterpark closed for the night.

The Magicquest game is a really good idea. Our kids played it for hours and that left some quiet time for the adults...always a plus in my book.

I really love this place, and I'm already looking in to our next stay there next month.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge

Reviewed October 7, 2008

We stayed at this fantastic hotel complex during the fall when Kings Island is not open during the week. Our Wolf Den room was ready at 1PM when we checked in. The front desk lady was super nice and took time to explain where our room was located and listed the fun things for our kids to do. Not only did I find a 10% promo code online but she gave us a complementary waterpark level room with a balcony (being the cheapskate I am...I had booked no balcony and nonwaterpark level--so the upgrade was a nice supprise). I would highly suggest booking hte Great Wolf lodge during the offseason because of the perks I listed before. Our room was huge and super clean. I loved the way the dressing area was separate from the shower/tub/toilet area because I always hate drying my curly hair in a steamy bathroom. The Wolf Den picture does not do the room justice because it is awesome! My kids loved th ebunk beds and tv in their own "room". You truly don't have to leave once you pull in the parking lot. There are several places to eat within the hotel complex. The clock towere show and story hour for the kids was very nice--kids are invited to watch in their pjs. i could go on and on about this place. Do your kids a favor and book your room today.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jchsbiologyteacher
Reviewed October 5, 2008

This is a great place for kids, younger and older. Adults can have a very good time there also. The life guards dd a great job, watching everyone in the water. I did have a problem with a intoxicated person, who seemed to have spent too much time at the bar. The only thing I think there should be more supervision of the bar traffic, being that they are mixed in with the children in the park.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2008

It was the best. My kids loved it. Even my husband had a ball. We never had to leave the building because everything was there. Kings Island is a 10min walk from the Hotel. We really didn't have to go to kings Island we had so much fun at the hotel. It was clean. Staff was very nice. We needed extra blankets and it did not take them long to bring them.

The first night we did not catch story time but the other 2 nights we made sure we were the first ones there. Story time was very nice. You go down in your p.j.'s and listen to yellow flower and all her buddies sing. ( There's nothing to be scared of here.)

The arcade was fun. My husband and I really enjoyed the arcade. You would have thought we were at the Casino. Between the two of us we got 2,000 tickets. The kids like it to.

The waterpark was the best. They even had a hot tube for adults only. My husband stayed in the lazy river. The kids were all over the place. The slides were the bomb. The wave pool was fun to.

We are planning our trip for next year at the Great Wolf again.

Now it will burn your pockets a little bit, so plan to spend some money. But to see my kids face and to hear them talk about it even now, it was worth every penny. My husband can be the party pooper but this trip brought out the kid in him. That was nice to see.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2008

This Great Wolf Lodge, like the others, is very fun for kids and adults that are able to act like kids. The rooms are very expensive because they include all access passes to the indoor waterpark, which makes it a decent deal. Here's the rub -- you can only spend so much time at the water park. I really can't believe that anyone would need more than one day. So, most people on a multiple night stay will do other things on day two or three, making this hotel exorbitantly priced. For example, the Kings Island "package" is a complete rip off. There is no discount on the lodge and the add-on price for Kings Island is more expensive than the on-line tickets.

Location of the lodge is tremendous. It really is walking distance to Kings Island, which makes this a great two-day, one-night destination for families.

The kid-oriented rooms seemed silly to me (and the bunk bed was not comfortable). However, at 42 years, I'm not their target demographic. My 6-year-old daughter loved the "kids camp" decorations and the bunk beds -- she has not stopped talking about it. So, you'd have to say that it was a plus.

Also, the electronic key bracelets are very cool. They made paying for beers poolside and the surprisingly good breakfast buffet very convenient. However, I felt geekier than usual off the lodge property wearing my bright blue Wolf Lodge bracelet -- you have to cut them off.

When reserving your room, go directly to the lodge's web site. It will clearly show all of the different suite options (there are a lot of different options) that were absent from the consolidator sites like Expedia.

2  Thank Keithcu
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Families with young children should beware. After the excitement of the day, my children were hesitating to settle down for bed. I recieved a knock at the door and was told they had recieved a complaint and hybernation time was 11 to 7. I respecfully laid my children down. My 6 year old fell right to sleep, but my 2 year old was not comfortable in a strange enviorment and although she was exhausted, she fought her sleep. I laid in her bed and had the tv on a very low volume. She was speaking quietly so I was shocked when I heard another knock on the door. My husband woke up and answered the door. This time we were threatened with the police. As a family resort I felt this was very strict. My 2 year old is a baby and does not understand. Anyways at $200 She should be able to speak quietly. So think twice about visiting if you have babies that may cry in the middle of the night. Additionally, My children are now sick 1 day later, vomiting and diarrea. Coincidince?

Reviewed August 17, 2008

We had never stayed at a great wolf lodge and decided to try is since we wanted to visit King's Island theme park. When I checked in, I discovered that I booked the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky Ohio! The desk said this happens often and holds a few rooms for this so even though the hotel was sold out, we got our room at the same rate we booked. We got a cheaper rate as we booked it six months out. We were told that the rates go up as the hotel fills up so book early! The water park was amazing with an uphill water coaster, toilet bowl ride, lots of other slides, wave pool, lazy river, water playscape, outdoor pool with bar, and more. They provide towels at the pool which is nice touch. The hotel room was the basic family room and it was larger than I was expecting. The 5 of us fit just fine. The rooms at the ends of the halls are pretty far from the lobby so ask for a room near the lobby or be prepared to hike. I love the roomkey built into the writsbands! I never carried a key or cash as I just used my wristband. The food was decent at the hotel and my family loved the dinner buffet. I thought my kids would spend most of their hotel time in the waterpark but my 9 and 12 year old spent LOTS of time playing Magiquest, the wizard/ quest game that the hotel offers. It cost $15 for the wand, and $10 to play the game. It takes about 8-10 hours to complete all the quest and beat all the monsters. There was always lots of kids running around the hotel completing their quests which was fun to watch. I walked around with my kids for part of it and felt it was a very well done game. It gives the kids something to do in a safe environment. It was great to see the kids helping each other out when they got stuck. The game does not extend into the room areas so don't worry about kids outside your door casting spells at you. (unless you are an evil warlock that deserves it). Great arcade and work out area too. The walk to King's Island is 10 minutes and well worth it. This is the closests hotel to the park and we walked back and forth 2 or 3 times each day to rest up, swim, slay dragons, etc. There are some good restaurants close enough to drive to if you like. The hotel is about 20 minutes from downtown Cincy if you need to go there for anything. We drove to a Reds/ Astros game and had a blast. We want to try the new Great Wolf Lodge near Dallas now!

1  Thank Tomster5