Great Wolf Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$85
$76
ComfortSuites
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
$97
Travelocity
3,809 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolpizzaall ageslazy riverbunk bedsindoor waterparklife guardsmagic questa lot of fungreat family funmagiquest gameloose moosewater coastermini golffun placespring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had a great time visiting Great Wolf with family. Employees were friendly and check it was quick and smooth. The wolf den we stayed in was clean and accommodating. The kids really enjoyed the magic quest game. They also have a big arcade that everyone enjoyed. The water park area had numerous water slides, a wave pool, regular pool and lazy river. Also, a hot tub just for the adults which was nice. I would certainly visit this location again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went to Great Wolf Lodge in Mason on Easter Sunday to spend the night with our five-year-old. Overall, our experience was positive and we'd definitely return.

Our check-in was very smooth and quick. We went on a Sunday night because the rates were much lower and, perhaps because it was Easter, it ended up being very uncrowded. So we barely waited to check in and our room was ready earlier than the 4pm check in. I had requested a top-floor room and we had a very quiet fourth floor room. The room had a vaulted ceiling, which made it feel much larger, and plenty of room. The room was very clean and I did check for bedbugs, which I always do when I stay anywhere in Cincinnati. I found nothing and noticed that they had zippered covers on all the mattresses. The room was clean with the exception of a used coffee pack in the coffeemaker. I was happy with the fridge, microwave, and flat-screen TV on a swivel and I liked that the hotel provided a tube of kids toothpaste and kids body wash. We slept that night with literally no noise disturbances whatsoever, so I while I can't say that it's always like that, given how small the crowds were, I was very pleased.

We enjoyed our time at the waterpark. We easily got chairs and tables and nothing was closed while we were there. The waterpark was clean and there were no real lines. I was a little nervous that most of the lifeguards were younger-- high-school or college-aged, mainly-- but they took their jobs very seriously and I never saw any of them visiting, looking bored, or doing anything but patrolling which, as a parent, made me a lot calmer about being there with a non-swimmer. The waterpark towels were small and flimsy so next time I'll bring our own beach towels. They had lockers and restrooms but I didn't see any actual changing areas, although I didn't look.

Maybe because of the season or day, the buffet was closed but there was a bar and grill restaurant onsite where we had dinner called Lodge.The servers weren't the fastest and I was nervous because the prices seemed a little high ($6 for a kids' meal, $9 for a quesadilla appetizer), but when the food arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the portions were very large and the food was really good and piping hot. I would definitely eat there again. We went for ice cream afterward and they had a kids' cone for only $2.

At 8pm, there was a storytime with a character show. The character show was pretty hokey-- even my daughter kept looking back at me as if to say, "Is this really happening?"-- but it was nice for the younger kids and she liked the storytime afterward and the chance to meet this squirrel or chipmunk or something named Sammy. Although the waterpark closed a little early, in my opinion, it's important to remember that most younger kids will be done for the night by 8 anyway. I was also happy to be done by 8. The waterpark didn't open until 10 the next morning, but the arcade was open at 9 so we did that. Check out was at 11.

I was happy about the following: large rooms, family-friendly atmosphere, large waterpark with something for everyone, lots of food choices (including a relatively inexpensive pizza place-- inexpensive compared to what i'd normally expect of a waterpark, anyway), quiet times in the hallways that were enforced with signs, RFID wristbands, and safety. In terms of things I was unhappy about, there was very little and I'd definitely stay again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a fourth-floor room so you don't hear anyone above you; plus, the ceilings are vaulted.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The water park was fun. But the room had dirty wash clothes left in shower. The mold in the bathroom was terrible. For the money the rooms should be much cleaner. I was very disappointed. Over all the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank kb2524
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Mason and sharing your feedback with us! I apologize for how you found the room when you arrive, as this is not customary for us and does not meet the expectations we have set for our Housekeeping team.

If there are ever concerns with something such as mold, please contact Guest Services immediately so we can try to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

We hope to host your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We recently spent the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio.

This was our first time at GWL as we went to gather with several family members to celebrate a birthday.

The lodge is very easy to find. Pulling into the parking lot, you are first drawn towards the warm and welcoming entrance. We arrived around 12:30 pm. We had planned to get there around 1 so we could go ahead and check in and head to the water park until we could check in.

As soon as we walked in and up to the front desk, we were promptly greeted. They had plenty of staff waiting on the guests. We had received an email a few days before our arrival and it allowed us to check in online, which we did on Friday evening. So by the time we got there on Saturday, our room was already ready and we were allowed to check in!

After you get off of the elevators, you walk right into the areas where the MagiQuest play areas are so you may seeing kids running around with their wands. As you continue down the hallway, you will see the rooms.

We reserved a King luxury suite. One of the great things about GWL is that your room key is on your wristband that you are given at check in, so all you do is scan your wristband on the scanner on your door.

Our room was very spaciously and clean! They provide you with the typically toiletries (toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, soap).

While thoroughly examined our room, as we always do, to ensure it's clean and there are no problems we noticed that not only does GWL have a mattress cover over the mattress, they also have a zipped mattress cover over the mattress.

The rooms have a very rustic feel to them, which is very appropriate considering you are staying at a lodge.

Our room also had a balcony/patio. Fortunately it was nice enough while we were there to sit outside and enjoy the weather.

The amenities in our room consisted of a microwave and mini fridge as well as a coffee maker, hair dryer, large swivel tv, desk, couch (sofa bed) and chair, coffee table and end table.

When you go down to the waterpark, there are towels and floatation devices available. We were able to find chairs to put all of our stuff on.

GWL had plenty of staff on hand as well as lifeguards.

There are plenty of other activities that GWL offer if you need a break from the water park! There is an arcade, gift shop, Starbucks, restaurants, and scheduled activities! Plus a spa for adults and a separate one for kids!

At first you may be a little taken aback by the amount your visit will cost, however, once you are there, you will see why! GWL offers something for each family member!

As far as eating there, there are restaurants on site. I believe the breakfast buffet was $13.99 per adult and $5.99 for children.

For both lunch and dinner, we decided to leave the resort. Within a mile of the resort, there is a Popeyes, Taco Bell, Kroger, and McDonalds.

We had brought our own snacks and beverages but there are vending machines where you can purchase drinks.

Overall we had a terrific time and definitely plan to go back!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." We did not receive any type of incentive to write this review. We paid for our room at Great Wolf Lodge ourselves.**

Room Tip: Tips: We stayed on the fourth floor so we didn't have anyone above us. Take your own snacks and beverages from home. There are several chain restaurants nearby to help offset the cost. Once you stay there, you will receive emails with discount codes.
1  Thank Hubeimom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my second visit to Great Wolf (same Mason, OH location). The kids absolutely love it. We stayed in a "Kids Cabin" room, which for over $300+ a night seemed a little overpriced, but the kids like it. Of course you will hear the usual "but the hotel room includes the admission to the waterpark which is valued at $40/pp" Yeah, I get that. Keep reading.

Pulling up to the hotel, you can see that upkeep isn't a priority anymore. It's April and there's still Christmas wreaths hanging on the front of the hotel. You can see that the outside of the hotel desperately needs a coat of paint. The pool area is nice, but is starting to show it's age as well. Rust and calcium everywhere is becoming more obvious during our second visit. I hope Great Wolf doesn't turn into a dump like Kings Island.

If you're going to stay here- be prepared to spend extra money. Your kids will want to play the MagiQuest wand game (wand + game = approx $40-50). The restaurants on site are average priced, but the food at the buffet was bad. I felt like the cooks weren't even trying.

From a kid's viewpoint- they love it. Great Wolf is fantastic.
From an adult's viewpoint- eh.... It's fun, but expensive.

2  Thank Gavin007
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent visit to Great Wolf Lodge – Mason! I will pass along your concerns to the respective teams so we can work on finding areas of improvement for future guests.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Jason