Great Wolf Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Countryside Inn(South Lebanon)
3,806 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolpizzaall ageslazy riverbunk bedsindoor waterparklife guardsmagic questa lot of fungreat family funmagiquest gameloose moosewater coastermini golffun placespring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I looked into staying here in December but prices seemed very high for just one night of fun so I declined. I then found a deal online for late January- early February for about half the price so I figured we'd give it a try. While still rather pricey for a one night stay, I must say the waterpark was pretty awesome. All slides were operational and well kept, towels were provided as well as hair dryers/spinners for wet swimsuits in the restrooms were a nice touch as you can stay and play the day you check out. My kids loved it, ages 14 and 4. The game area was typical, and we did partake in mini bowling alley. I can't say anything for restaurants except for pizza place, it was ok, greasy pizza but still average. The story time before bed seemed good for little ones, but older kids not so much. The room was well cleaned and up to date, microwave and small fridge were nice for keeping our drinks/breakfast. Overall a family suite was good size for the 4 of us, waterpark was excellent, Sheila at front desk was very helpful and one lifeguard/ride attendant in particular (don't know his name but dark hair) smiled, laughed and engaged everyone who came his way making our stay a great one.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank bigdreams
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our experience was very positive. Two adults and two children ages 8 & 12 for a three day weekend.
The room was clean and comfortable. The beds were firm and light weight bedding, sofa and chairs adequate temperature warm,yet not stuffy, plenty of hot water for showers/baths. We did not spend much time in the room. There were many activities to do in the water park area and hotel. A good variety of food and food services available. Prices were in line with these types of attractions.
We preregistered so that upon arrival it required little time, literally less than five minutes. The staff were cordial and all attendants were friendly and helpful. The only negative was the room coffee pot. Morning coffee is a necessity. We purchased coffee from Starbucks located on the second floor. We would consider a return visit to this location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank julie e
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We took our granddaughter for an overnight on a Thursday. Nearly empty which makes for a very pleasant time. Outstanding customer service. Large clean room. So many activities. Highly recommend. The waterpark is huge and we were very impressed with the careful supervision by numerous lifeguards. They were really great about watching and controlling conditions. Restaurants were about what you'd expect. ..a bit overpriced and pedestrian.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We just got back from our first visit to GWL. We stayed in the Kid Cabin with our 4 kiddos. Our kids ages range from 3-12 and there was something for each of them and quite a few activities & rides that we could all enjoy. We all want to go back again!

After reading reviews, I was a little concerned about room cleanliness, but our room was very clean, so that was a relief! We arrived around 2:15p.m. and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready. We dropped off our luggage and immediately headed to the water park.

The water park is spacious and the room was warm. Some stated the water was a little cool for their liking & my 3 & 7 year old would agree! They complained some about being too cold, but only when they were out of the water. My one complaint about water temperature would be the hot tub. It was definitely more of a warm tub. Maybe that's because they know kids will be using it, but it definitely wasn't hot.

The water park provides towels but they are very thin and very small! I saw many women (including me) just putting the towel around their neck because it wouldn't wrap around their waist. The next time we visit, I will bring at least a couple of towels for the adults.

After reading reviews, we decided to go away from the lodge for dinner. It worked out perfectly for myself and the kiddos to go back to the room and get showers, while my husband went to pick up dinner. We had breakfast in the moose cottage the next morning - it was a breakfast buffet which had a good variety of foods. We fed our family of 6 for $45. We had a pizza for lunch and it was very reasonably priced and tasted good too.

We enjoyed the show and story time in the lobby. We also enjoyed the arcade - there is plenty to choose from there.

Our room was located VERY far from the water park and activities, which may have worked to our advantage as we never had any noise issues from other guests and we were on the 1st floor.

Upon leaving our 3 year old had a meltdown because he wasn't ready to go:) An employee happened to be walking by, stopped to see what was wrong (he thought our son was hurt). Upon hearing the reason, he offered to get a juice box which immediately calmed our son down. A small thing, but really helped in the moment - we found all the employees to be friendly and helpful.

Overall, we had a great 1st visit and now that we've been we know what we'll do a little differently. We'll get a little bigger room next time & ask for one a little closer to the action, bring some of our own beach towels, bring juice boxes and bottled water. We enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We are local, but took our two boys (4 & 2) for a night. The boys had a blast, and are both asking to go back. Overall, we were happy with the experience.

The Room:

Pros: The room was large. We stayed in a Kid Kamp room, and the boys adored the bunk beds. We had no intention of letting our 4 year old sleep in the top bunk, but the bunk had a decently high rail on it, so we didn't think he'd fall out. That was a nice feature. The lower bunk also seemed like it was pretty low to the ground, which was great for our 2 year old. The blanket/comforter was very comfortable. They loved having their own TV too. The room had a fridge, which is always a nice feature in a room.

Cons: I wish the bed had been a King, but not a big deal. The room didn't provide the standard toiletries (shampoo, etc). All we got was lotion and a kids body wash. Fortunately, my husband packed shampoo, so I used his, but for shorter trips I tend to save space in luggage and use the hotel toiletries. Not sure if this is a hotel-wide practice or our room just was understocked. Again, not a big deal though.

The Waterpark:

The Pros: It's huge. Even though it was very crowded, it didn't feel terribly crowded. There are a wide variety of rides, and plenty of rides that are friendly for small children. Hardly any lines or wait for the rides for younger children. The lifeguards are plentiful and seem to be very focused on what's going on in the water. The temperature was very comfortable. It was very fun.

The Cons: Despite having chairs packed into every usable space, there just weren't enough for everyone. Not really the fault of the resort, since most chairs were being "occupied" by towels and belongings instead of people. Not a huge deal for us, since we carried a small bag with only clothes and were fine with putting it on the floor, but it would have been a huge inconvenience if we had needed chairs to sit down. Also, the locker rooms are very small. There is only one family locker room (that I saw), and there were numerous families trying to use it on the day we checked out.

Other Amenities:

The Pros: the arcade and bowling were fun. Clean and spacious facilities, and not very crowded. The story time was fun. The kids really liked the animated show before story time. I like the coloring table in the lobby.

The Cons: None really. Some of the games were out of order in the arcade, but that's probably typical of any arcade.

Food:

The Pros: The food we had was good. I really enjoyed the pizza at Hungry as a Wolf. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Loose Moose Cottage. There was a huge selection of food.

The Cons: The tables outside Hungry as a Wolf might be the smallest tables ever. My husband had to hold the pizza box in his lap so we could have our plates and cups on the table. It would be nice if there were tables inside Hungry as a Wolf, or maybe some larger tables for eating.

Overall, we had a great time, so the minor little things I've listed didn't put a dent in our fun.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family