Great Wolf Lodge
$90
$89
ComfortSuites
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$96
$135
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
3,856 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolpizzaall ageslazy riverbunk bedsindoor waterparklife guardsmagic questa lot of fungreat family funmagiquest gameloose moosewater coastermini golffun placespring break
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was surprised how much my 2 and 4 year old could do inside the water park. My 4 year old was allowed on all of the water slides as long as we rode with him. Lots of fun stuff to keep them busy in there!
We felt like everything else besides the water park was just ok. The food was overpriced, rooms needed updated, nightly storytime was nothing exciting, magi quest was WAY overpriced. $380 for one night was a lot of money to walk away not feeling like the total experience was fantastic.

1  Thank vacation1717
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We are frequent guest at Great Wolf in Mason, I gotta say it gets better every time we stay. Never have we asked for an upgrade but we get one. Service is top notch and very informative to your needs. They have upgraded their rooms, beds and TV's. Love that they expanded arcade to feel like more of a "Dave and Busters" atmosphere. Taken out unused space to add glow in the dark golf and a build a bear area.

Keep up the good work! We'll
definitely be back!

1  Thank Missy1127
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were a party of 12 - we reserved 3 suites. First impression was really good. We were going to King's Island first thing and then staying at GWL for 3 nights. When we got there, they had us all checked in and gave us our wrist bands and said they would call us when our rooms were ready with the room numbers (they did this no problem). The front desk associates were really nice and accomodating. The path to King's Island is approximately 1 mile so be prepared to do some walking (they need a shuttle to KI).

Rooms were pretty nice, not really worth the price but pretty nice. 2 double beds, a pull out sofa, table with 2 chairs and a flat screen TV. The hibernation period is nice because they keep it pretty quiet between 11pm and 7am. We did not get disturbed. The air conditioner is really loud.

The pub upstairs was not that pricey. Their portions are great and the service was prompt and food was really good. We did not wait for anything.

The breakfast buffet, I would skip. This is 12.99 for adults and does not include drinks. I don't know about you but I could not eat that much breakfast to make it worth my while. Drinks should be included. We paid $54 for breakfast the first morning and decided this was a really bad idea. There are a TON of restaurants very near the hotel.

The snack bars aren't too bad, you can get a meal that includes a sandwich, fries and drink for $7.49-7.99 and pizza slices and such. I think they were pretty reasonable.

The waterpark is pretty fun - for kids and adults alike. We were there on Thursday and Friday -Thursday was best as it was not as crowded. The lines for the bigger slides are pretty long and it gets terribly hot in line! They really need more fans in the summer. The lifeguards are all business, as they should be. I would still keep an eye on my child but they are pretty good at what they do.

Outside pool - fun but only goes to 4ft deep. The lifeguards out here are also all business and can sometimes by a little rude. We watched a lifeguard get tested and it was really neat! They have a great bar outside and just a tip: If you have a drink by the pool, do NOT let it cross over the water from the concrete - they go crazy. There are GIANT umbrellas out by the pool and they offer tons of shade if you need it. No coolers but they let us bring our ice bucket out to keep our bottled water cold.

THE BAD: Housekeeping is pretty iffy. My dad did not have his room cleaned until 10 one night (after complaints) and after 8 the next (more complaints). Our other rooms got cleaned the first night and not the second... I would think that with the amount of money that is paid for these rooms that they would want to keep them clean for the guests. So, we just sucked it up the second day and asked for clean towels.

All in all, it was a pretty good trip but mostly because our family had a nice vacation together. I am not sure that we would stay again, it would just depend on the circumstances. I would have gone to above average but the house keeping issues were just too bad.

Room Tip: Get first floor by the waterpark. Easy access to everything.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My title sums it up. The resort is amazing. It's got a great theme, quality furnishings, spacious rooms and a great water park. It is very slanted towards kids, so don't come if you can't stand to be around them. Yes, it is pricey, but you are getting high end furnishings and a full size water park, which justifies the price. I really only have one major complaint.....the food. Now, when you charge $17 for a buffet, I expect to get something of higher quality than Ponderosa, Golden Corral and the like. I can't say the food is terribly bad, but it's definitely not good. Skip the food and go to a local restaurant after you've done your research. Other than that, it's a great place.

1  Thank hotmoltenlava
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The kids love this place. Of course. The check in/check out times are completely unreasonable for the price you are paying. The water park was way over crowded. MagiQuest is a big draw for the kids as well. Very expensive!! Food I. Pub was excellent, but very expensive. Snack bars were overpriced as well. Room was average. Not cleaned well. Staff seemed very rushed to "flip rooms" Expexted more for prices paid to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013