I took my kids ages 8 and 12 for an overnight trip to Great Wolf Lodge. The kids had a great time and there is a ton for them to do. With the waterpark, MagiQuest, Cub Club, Spa and arcade there is something for everyone. The positives and negatives of our stay:
1 Fast check in and very friendly staff. We arrived about 4pm and got right in. I noticed the next day about 2pm there was a huge line to check in, however and imagine we'd have been standing there for at least 30-40 minutes.
2. Nice room with mini fridge and microwave. Plenty of room
3. Great waterpark, Cub Club and MagiQuest
1. Paid extra for late check-out. Cleaning staff came into our room 2x to see when we would be leaving. I told them we paid extra for the late check out option. Very annoying to be bothered 2x while we were resting aftering paying the extra.
2. I made an appointment for a special treat for my daughter; a pedicure at the kids Scoops spa. The employee doing her nails totally ignored her and complained to the person working next to her about how much she did not like her job and she was happy my daughter was her last appointment of the day. You'd think they could try to engage the kids in some conversation. My daughter is a friendly kid and not shy and can carry a conversation.with an adult
3 Pizza and ice-cream place was very understaffed and huge waits. There was only one employee working the ice-cream counter and there were about 25 people in line. With it being Christmas break and very busy you'd think they could bring in an additional person to work The girl was very nice and I felt bad for her working the line herself and dealing with some crabby people waiting that long in line. Pizza line was also super long. Had to wait 20 minutes just to place an order. The 2nd day we ate at McDonalds down the street. I also noticed a couple other restaurants such as Chipotle, Wendys and Bob Evans that I will keep in mind if we every return to Great Wolf.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Great Wolf Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Wolf Hotel Mason
- Great Wolf Resort
- Great Wolf Lodge Mason, Ohio