“Great for Kids - Had a few issues though” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Ohio
“Great for Kids - Had a few issues though”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I took my kids ages 8 and 12 for an overnight trip to Great Wolf Lodge. The kids had a great time and there is a ton for them to do. With the waterpark, MagiQuest, Cub Club, Spa and arcade there is something for everyone. The positives and negatives of our stay:

Positives:
1 Fast check in and very friendly staff. We arrived about 4pm and got right in. I noticed the next day about 2pm there was a huge line to check in, however and imagine we'd have been standing there for at least 30-40 minutes.
2. Nice room with mini fridge and microwave. Plenty of room
3. Great waterpark, Cub Club and MagiQuest

Negatives
1. Paid extra for late check-out. Cleaning staff came into our room 2x to see when we would be leaving. I told them we paid extra for the late check out option. Very annoying to be bothered 2x while we were resting aftering paying the extra.
2. I made an appointment for a special treat for my daughter; a pedicure at the kids Scoops spa. The employee doing her nails totally ignored her and complained to the person working next to her about how much she did not like her job and she was happy my daughter was her last appointment of the day. You'd think they could try to engage the kids in some conversation. My daughter is a friendly kid and not shy and can carry a conversation.with an adult
3 Pizza and ice-cream place was very understaffed and huge waits. There was only one employee working the ice-cream counter and there were about 25 people in line. With it being Christmas break and very busy you'd think they could bring in an additional person to work The girl was very nice and I felt bad for her working the line herself and dealing with some crabby people waiting that long in line. Pizza line was also super long. Had to wait 20 minutes just to place an order. The 2nd day we ate at McDonalds down the street. I also noticed a couple other restaurants such as Chipotle, Wendys and Bob Evans that I will keep in mind if we every return to Great Wolf.

3 Thank micaryan62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great place to visit! Very close to Kings Island. This has the best of both worlds a great indoor water-park and an amusement park with in walking distance! Will visit again!! They have a huge gift shop too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

it was really fun i loved are room it was clean and comfortable
the water park was huge and funtastic are trip to great wolf loge will never end!!!!!!!!
I loved the spa i loved everything. i swear every thing i say is true this hotel is woodsy it looks like a wood cabin to me witch reminds me of nature i love the the theme of great wolf lodge

Room Tip: any room is the best really
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great Wolf Lodge in Mason is a nice place for a mini trip with family with young children up to about age 12. This hotel actually should be considered a attraction, because, it has a 84 degree indoor water park, arcade games, and lots of activities for children to participate in.

The family suites were not what I expected I did not check it out before hand, because, I was just spending the afternoon and the night due to being there for another function. The suite we stayed in that was to accommodate four people had one small bathroom with a tub,shower and toilet.. there were no mirrors or sink in the bathroom. In the living space there was one sink ,a bar of soap, shampoo, lotion and they were all mini size. There was one TV in the suite and two queen beds that were side by side. There was a table for 2 and a small sofa in the room that could be let out for additional sleeping space. The room was clean, however, the sink was clogged when we arrived,so, housekeeping had to be called. I was impressed that they responded within 20 minutes. The hotel staff were all fantastic and were really calm with all the children running and screaming looking for treasures in the halls.
My visit was on December 8, 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jussy2
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was very pleased with our recent trip to the Great Wolf Lodge next door to Kings Island. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. The kids loved the "den" and I enjoyed having my own tv and the bit of privacy afforded since the kids had their own little area. The staff were very helpfu and defintely kid friendly, and I have absolutely no complaints. The kids enjoyed the water park so much we left Kings Island early in the evening so they kids could come back and play at the water park in the lodge for a few hours before bed. I will definitely return for another quick get away with the kids. There is also plenty of free parking and I also notice they cater to a lot of business and convention business. My kids really enjoyed their housekeeping staff because when we checked in - our housekeeper who was hispanic greeted us in our room and brought us
extra pillows and blankets then welcomed us and told my children that this resort was her home away from home and that she and the other staff are here to serve and do whatever it takes to make our stay more welcome. - It was a nice touch - I really like that...The water park was really big and the staff at the park always aiming to please as well from the life guards to the towel attendants. This resort if defintely worth the money and time to visit; I'd just wish they offered day passes for locals like myself and my family because I would defintely invest in it. Just wanted to say Thank-you to all for a great visit to a fun place to just getaway.

Room Tip: I would of not known about this resort unless somebody told me they saw the review from trip advisor...
1 Thank Travelone_intl
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The conference center is nice. There was no food or snack shops nearby, we had to go back to the main lobby for that. In addition to the usual inflated resort food prices, the restaurants didn't open until 8:30 a.m. All of my business meetings where at 8 a.m. so, it was impossible to eat before the meeting without going off site to a local restaurant . In addition, the only thing that was open in the lobby was the Starbucks which didn't have any of the usual breakfast foods available - they couldn't even toast my bagel. They said they usual send people to the pizza cafe but it wasn't open yet.
Also, as a business traveler I would have preferred access to a hot tub or pool which they don't offer. My only option was to buy the $49 water park pass and be surrounded by excited children while trying to unwind. That was very disappointing to me as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shawn H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night in the fireplace suite with 1 1/2 baths and the loft. The room was very clean, and the beds and pillows were very comfortable when compared to most hotel beds. The room was a very comfortable size for 4 adults and 2 children, and we could have been fine with 1-2 more.

The water park was better than I expected. There was lots of stuff for the kids (4 years and 43 inches, and 6 years and 49 inches tall) to do. My 4 year old could ride several watersides and the 6 year old could ride them all. Lines easily took 15-20 minutes, but guests were so much nicer than most amusement parks. The water always appeared clean and the water park area was amazingly clean considering the number of families there. I loved that they provided towels and life jackets. Less we had to pack. Seating was hard to come by, since everyone saves seats and lounge chairs, but we rarely sat. Would have been nice if the lockers were included, which would have made finding a seat obsolete for us and would have made the time before check in and after check out nicer, although that might be a hotel strategy to get us to go elsewhere in the resort since leaving car keys and other stuff like that unattended made us nervous! The restaurant had an hour long wait at dinner, but the buzzer works throughout the hotel.

There seemed to be really cute activities in the lobby, but our kids were so thrilled with the water park and the room that we honestly missed them all!

Overall, it was a great stay. It is definitely not budget friendly, and sometimes it seemed like there were more extras you could purchase around every turn. My kids were not interested in the MagiQuest, stuffed animal making, spa time, or paid crafts when there were water slides available, so we got off kind of easy, but i could see where families could easily rack up over $100 in additional purchases in a one night stay.

• Stayed December 2012