“Creative food and nice contemporary atmosphere”
Review of Relish Modern Tapas - CLOSED

Relish Modern Tapas
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This tapas restaurant offers creative asian-fusion inspired food. Portions are tapas. Prices are high

1  Thank Jerry M

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Relish provides a great concept but unfortunately the pricing is significantly too high. I chose Relish because they had a Groupon offer the piqued my interest so we went for our date night (even with so so reviews ... oops!). The location is in Mason near the cinema ... but no view except for the cars in the adjacent parking lot, the food presentation is fantastic (attention to detail) but over priced, the interior is sleek but located in a "blah" strip mall ... fortunately the "saving grace" was our server who recommended a couple IPA's as well as delivered a nice free light cookie for desert. My suggestion is to keep the menu, package up a couple specials and take this concept to a "walking area" where it feels more like a Tapas place instead of a cool concept in a strip mall .... we will not be going there again.

1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I joined two friends to celebrate my birthday.... On a Saturday evening. The service was great, the food was excellent - great value too. Great place to share with friends, over a bottle of wine. The shrimp was my favorite dish....

1  Thank SuzanneColumbusIn
Reviewed May 24, 2013

In our 21st century upper middle class suburban dining culture, most eating events are just a way to get food into our bodies in a convenient manner. This is not true for some gems in our Cincinnati area, and Relish is definitely one of those gems! My husband and I went to Relish to celebrate my birthday this week, and for once, I was completely delighted in the entire experience! You should understand that "'tapas" is a Spanish word that has evolved into meaning "snacks", so a tapas restaurant specializes in stimulating the appetite with small dishes of a wide variety of flavors. We ordered three of the bite-sized "pintxos" items, which were enough for a bite each for the two of us, and a signature dish of chorizo in medjool dates. Everything we tasted was a delight for the palate! You had to just pause after each bite and enjoy all the different flavors your tongue was discerning. We also had hummus with pita triangles, and the chocolate mousse with coffee for dessert. Everything was delicious, and very decorative to look at as well! I thought the money we spent ($50, including two drinks as well) was worth it for the culinary excellence, and we will be visiting Relish again soon, so we'll look for you there!

2  Thank Becky B
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our second time there and we liked what we had ordered before, so we got the same thing today except we also ordered Thai chicken, too. The chicken was a disappointment. They don't tell you on the menu and the waiter didn't say, but the chicken is DARK MEAT. Big disappointment, especially since it's high in saturated fat and we're watching cholesterol. By the way, lettuce wraps and fish tacos are good. It's probably better to order several dishes to share with your company.