“Good Food - Uncomfortable Seating”
Review of Relish Modern Tapas - CLOSED

Relish Modern Tapas
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've eaten here a couple of times and have enjoyed the food. It appears to be made fresh and it is flavorable. I liked the selection of food as it gave me a variety to chose from! Traveling all the time I tend to run into the same types of foods all the time - a good tapas can be unique and enjoyable. Relish provides a great alternative in an area thick with chain corporate restaurants serving the same bland flavors.

My only complain was the seating provided the most uncomfortable seating in the lounge area. The chairs don't lend themselves to staying and enjoying a drink or two after a meal.

I recommend Relish Modern Tapas the next time you are in the Mason area.

1  Thank Jeff O

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have eaten here four times because I want to support local places. I really want this place to be great but it just isn't. Two of four times the service has been unbearably slow. Once I stood at the hostess stand with three other guests for at least five minutes waiting to be seated. The menu is all over the place and has way too many choices. The pricing is inconsistent. Fortunately the food is always good but I don't know if I will try again. Fix the service issues and I will keep trying.

1  Thank SLKspingirl
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This restaurant had a booth at the Food Court for the Western & Southern Tennis Open at the Lindner Family Tennis Center. The gazpacho that I tried during the matches (nice twist by adding watermelon) prompted me to locate them for lunch later in the week. The weather was not too hot, so I sat outside on the patio, which was pleasant. Had their Trio of Soups, as well as a couple of their "bites". Everything was tasty and well priced. I particularly liked the manchebo cheese and fig combo. The sangria was especially refreshing on a warm day.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

this was a great surprise, since i had a restaurant.com coupon you never know what to expect. would definitely go back when we are in cincinnati again.

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for an appetizer/snack. Found that their tapas are "Americanized" which means they are entrees to share. They do, however, offer one page of traditional tapas, which we ordered a few of. They were all very good and beautifully presented. Our server was informative and helpful. Prices were fair.

The only reason I wouldn't return is the atmosphere. They were going for sheik modern but it comes off as cold and institutional. Very black and white, loud, uncomfortable. Not only that, things are looking cluttered and worn. The place needs a good cleaning and a splash of color.