Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fun family outing

The Halloween scare event at Kings Island was very fun for our whole family. I would highly suggest... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Getaway278604
Fun but it costs!

Kings Island is fun . Great rides. We went during the halloween haunt which is qell done. I'll put... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
winks1996
Danville, Illinois
via mobile

2,645 results
All reviews amusement park cedar point roller coaster fast pass all ages water park fast lane planet snoopy great park eiffel tower halloween haunt wait times season pass pizza thrill seekers kids area cedar fair
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It had been 20 years since I last went to Kings Island. I really wanted my kids to experience the excitement I always experienced growing up. Upon arrival, I was disappointed to see that they no longer have the trams to pick guests up who have to park in the back forty. The water park had some nice rides and the lines weren't too long. The wave pool was also nice. The food prices are OUTRAGEOUS, $10 for a burger and fries. Pack a cooler or go to one of the many restaurants outside the park. It will be worth your time. The employees were very courteous throughout the park. Considering it was a Friday, the lines for the rides weren't very long. The park could use some upgrades throughout and be a little cleaner. The only plus side, the 4 of us got in for $28 a piece. Holiday World is about 30 minutes further to travel but a much nicer and laid out park.

1  Thank Fishinfish
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived on a Monday morning @10a. Before the park was to be opened they played the Star Spangled Banner which was a nice touch. Although it was hot there was plenty of shade. The lines were short with no more than a 9 minute wait.
Make sure you purchase your tickets at Krogers (think xtra store points too) they are 37.99. There was no need to by preferred parking or Front line access on this day.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went to Kings Island for the first time yesterday. I had a good time, but it wasn't a park I would rush back to. It was overall clean (although there was a mouse running around the line of the indoor roller coaster!), and the employees were friendly. I rode every one of the roller coasters, but the only one I really liked was Diamondback. It was nice and smooth, whereas the others shake you around too much. You expect that from the wooden ones, but they were all pretty bad. Bring Advil! I didn't like that season pass holders can enter the park earlier, or that you can purchase a skip the lines pass. Things like that just make everyone else feel like second class citizens. The lines weren't too bad (although I left in the middle of the day when the lines were at their worst and came back in the evening). Food prices are outrageous, of course, and I was irritated that you have to leave your bag in a pre-paid locker for some of the rides. I don't like being nickeled and dimed. The Psycho Circus was a pretty good show. It also looked like there was a pretty good kiddie land. I was going to try out Soak City too, but a thunderstorm ruined that. All in all, I had a pretty good day, but won't be returning for a while.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've been coming here every year since I was a kid. We always have a good time! Diamondback is fantastic, as is Flight of Fear! Lines are usually average and I've never left feeling like I didn't get to ride everything that I had wanted. The waterpark is a good time, but it wouldn't hurt for the park to maybe add some new water rides/attractions. The food and lockers are a little more on the expensive side, but most theme parks are like that. The admission price is very reasonable, especially since it includes two parks for the price of one.
Of course summer is a great time to visit, but Fall/Halloween time is always a treat as well. We always have a blast going at Halloween! The haunted houses are pretty cool and if you get in line early, the wait isn't horrible.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visited Kings Island on a Friday with my wife and overall it was a pretty good time. We didnt arrive at the park until about 2 pm and yet they still had preferred parking ($20...I admit a bit steep). For a Friday during the summer the crowds were actually reasonable. There is a good variety of rides to experience from roller coasters to family rides (including an entire area themed out with Charlie Brown Snoopy and the rest of the peanuts gang). Dont have any kids myself, but by the looks I imagine there's plenty to keep the young ones occupied. The roller coasters here are top notch. Hard to find a wooden coaster that can match The Beast in terms of overall level of fun, diamondback is a fun steel coaster with a big first drop, Vortex in my opinion is one of the steel roller coasters that gets overlooked, and firehawk is a unique ride in that you get flipped on your stomach. My advice on the coasters is that if you want to ride the indoor flight of fear one, do it in the morning as soon as the gates open. We ended up waiting over 90 mins for a ride that was maybe a minute and change. Dont miss the boo blasters ride, it really is fun for all ages. Tickets are reasonable, food is typical theme park pricing, but overall Kings Island is a fun park with plenty to do and we had a great time.