“Holiday Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“Holiday Stay”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I (wife and twin 7 year olds) stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mason, OH while visiting friends after Christmas. The reason we picked the hotel was that it looked updated online, it has an indoor pool, and was very close to our friends' house. Also, we liked the free breakfast. Overall the stay was very good. We liked the hotel, it was very close to everything, the pool was great, and my wife enjoyed the gym. Even the breakfast was good. The room was great technology wise. We took my sons' new Xbox with us and there was a technology port that you could easily hook it up to the TV without having to fool around behind the TV. A really cool feature. My only complaint would be the size of the beds. They are doubles, but they seemed really small. Otherwise it would have been a perfect stay. I would recommend if you have more then 3 people looking at different room options. Not sure what other options there are, but maybe the King with a pullout would have been better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Keith M,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy to learn that, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the beds in your room. I can assure you that they are a standard hotel double bed. For your next stay I would suggest the King sized bed with a pull out. It usually works perfect for a family of your size. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our second stay at this property. Everything worked out great. We were here for a new year celebration. The free breakfast was really good. Staff very friendly and the room was clean. Only complaint; the very small bathroom.

We'll be back.

Room Tip: My wife is a smoker, so we got a room on the 1st floor so she could easily step outside to smoke.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly C,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will make sure to share your positive comments with my staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in Cincinnati
leesburg, ohio
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Love, love the Hyatt Place in Mason. Wonderful caring staff! Clean rooms that are always inviting and comfortable. The layout of the rooms was thought out perfectly. Lots of choices close by for dinner. PLUS, a Graters right beside the hotel! A Cincinnati Favorite for a reason!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
605donnas605,

I would like to thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We all look forward to being your hosts again should you return to the Cincinnati area.
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed three nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We got the room with two double beds. OMG, the beds were so small! My wife and I, two relatively small people, could not get comfortable. Miserable is better put.

The temperature was also difficult to control. Though set at 70 degrees, it felt over 80. We never got the temperature right.

The living area was very nice. The kids actually liked sleeping on the sectional couch more than in the bed.

The bathroom was small, but clean. The desk area was nice and the TV was great.

Breakfast was complimentary. About what I was willing to pay for it. But the kids enjoyed the Froot Loops. The bar was small but the drink was generous especially considering the price.

Check-in was smooth and the staff extremely nice.

Would I return? Maybe. But not with the family. I've stayed at Hyatt Places in the past and really enjoyed the hotel chain...not this one, not this time.

Room Tip: We were in Room 606. Though the hotel seemed very busy, our room was quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stephen M,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please know that I will personally address your comments and we will look to improve. I do hope to see you again next time you visit the Cincinnati area. Again, thank you for your business.
Hebron, Kentucky
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My daughter had reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights for her wedding. I had given the sales department my credit card information thinking that this was all taken care of. First of all my in-laws arrived and were asked to give them a credit card. I had to go downstairs and straighten out the error as one of the rooms belonged to them which I was paying for. Then after the wedding we found that my daughter's card was charged instead of mine. After informing the sales department of this error I was told it would be fixed immediately. This was from September 7, 2013 and it is now October 25, 2013. Needless to say I was not impressed with the service. The rooms are very nice but that is all the good I have to say about this Hyatt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Kra53jasper,

I want to sincerely apologize for our complete failure on the billing for your rooms. I want to also apologize for the time it took me to correct the problem. Please know that this is not the norm around here and will not happen again. Also know that I have credited the fees your daughter incurred back to her card. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Traveling for business to Mason with an associate, we booked two rooms at this hotel primarily because of its proximity to where we would be working. We arrived late at the hotel after having traveled by air with connecting flights for the previous 5+ hours only to find out that the hotel was overbooked and our confirmed rooms had been given to others. The staff was awaiting our arrival with instructions to direct us to one of their other locations. Not exactly what I had in mind. The hotel did comp us for one night but after having worked and traveled all day, the last thing we wanted was to be told there was no room at the inn.

If you really want to stay at THIS hotel, you better get something better than a confirmation number.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Phil C,

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you and your associate during your last visit to the Mason area. We try our best to avoid oversell situations as much as possible, but sometimes we have to relocate guests at our expense. I never like for that to happen and I apologize that we made your day longer and more stressful than it needed to be. I would truly appreciate another chance to earn your loyalty next time you travel to Mason.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice business hotel. Did not like the fact that only two floors had an ice machine. No signs anywhere stating where the ice was located. Also no vending machines. Had to pay 2.50 downstairs at the desk for a coke. When my room was cleaned the ice bucket was still full of water, not touched. Nothing in the room telling what the tv channels were. my room was very quiet. All in all a good stay. Staff was just ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sooz1204,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the locations of the hotels ice machine and I apologize that we are unable to provide more of them. I will also coach the housekeeping staff to ensure they are emptying the water out of the ice buckets during stay over service. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Mason area.