“Lack of communication”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My daughter had reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights for her wedding. I had given the sales department my credit card information thinking that this was all taken care of. First of all my in-laws arrived and were asked to give them a credit card. I had to go downstairs and straighten out the error as one of the rooms belonged to them which I was paying for. Then after the wedding we found that my daughter's card was charged instead of mine. After informing the sales department of this error I was told it would be fixed immediately. This was from September 7, 2013 and it is now October 25, 2013. Needless to say I was not impressed with the service. The rooms are very nice but that is all the good I have to say about this Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Kra53jasper,

I want to sincerely apologize for our complete failure on the billing for your rooms. I want to also apologize for the time it took me to correct the problem. Please know that this is not the norm around here and will not happen again. Also know that I have credited the fees your daughter incurred back to her card. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Traveling for business to Mason with an associate, we booked two rooms at this hotel primarily because of its proximity to where we would be working. We arrived late at the hotel after having traveled by air with connecting flights for the previous 5+ hours only to find out that the hotel was overbooked and our confirmed rooms had been given to others. The staff was awaiting our arrival with instructions to direct us to one of their other locations. Not exactly what I had in mind. The hotel did comp us for one night but after having worked and traveled all day, the last thing we wanted was to be told there was no room at the inn.

If you really want to stay at THIS hotel, you better get something better than a confirmation number.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Phil C,

I sincerely apologize that we were unable to accommodate you and your associate during your last visit to the Mason area. We try our best to avoid oversell situations as much as possible, but sometimes we have to relocate guests at our expense. I never like for that to happen and I apologize that we made your day longer and more stressful than it needed to be. I would truly appreciate another chance to earn your loyalty next time you travel to Mason.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice business hotel. Did not like the fact that only two floors had an ice machine. No signs anywhere stating where the ice was located. Also no vending machines. Had to pay 2.50 downstairs at the desk for a coke. When my room was cleaned the ice bucket was still full of water, not touched. Nothing in the room telling what the tv channels were. my room was very quiet. All in all a good stay. Staff was just ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Sooz1204,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the locations of the hotels ice machine and I apologize that we are unable to provide more of them. I will also coach the housekeeping staff to ensure they are emptying the water out of the ice buckets during stay over service. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Mason area.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great hotel for the money! The room was very spacious and super clean. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The continental breakfast was really good. Couldn't get a better value for the money in the Mason area. It's located right off the expressway near lots of good restaurants and shopping. We will definitely stay there again if we visit the Mason area and will search for Hyatt Place hotels in other areas I travel in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dandeej3,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I am glad to hear that you very much enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is by far the best free breakfast I've ever seen in the U.S. It reminds me of breakfast at German hotels. The facilities are beautiful and look brand new. The Internet worked great from my room. Excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Racheal J,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We look forward your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hyatt Place location (September 21-22, 2013) for a small weekend getaway with friends for the America's Oktoberfest, a visit to the Contemporary Art Center Cincinnati and the Bengals vs. Packers. I arrived right at check-in (3pm) and was 'greeted' to a supervisor training a new hire. My rate was not advised upon arrival and I was very rushed through check-in. I requested two room keys and only received one. I didn't think much of this exchange because I realized it was very busy and that training a new hire can be stressful. I arrived to my room to find it clean and exceptional. The following morning when I arrived back at my hotel from a wonderful night of cocktails and friendship I requested a toothbrush from the night auditor. She told me toothbrushes had to be paid for, they were not complimentary. I didn't have any cash on me and she didn't offer to have it added to my room charge. After that, I decided to call it a night and attempt to locate a toothbrush after I awakened. Sleep came easy to me that night after a hot shower and turning into the very comfortable bed, garnished with above average linens. I awoke, refreshed and ready to begin a new day. Looking forward to having a light breakfast before leaving, I went downstairs for the complementary breakfast which was less than impressive. The scrambled eggs were flat, the "French Toast" tasted of plain, cheap bread, the berry compote was sour. The best part was the selection of Tazo teas provided. I returned to my room to shower and prepare myself for the day ahead. Still forgetting the toothbrush, I call to Guest Services to request one be brought to be my room, fully prepared to pay for it, only to be told the toothbrush WAS complementary. However, I was told I would have to come to the front desk to retrieve the toothbrush as they couldn't bring it to me. I even said I would wait but the agent was adamant about not coming upstairs. I even let this slide, because I figured it was peak check-out time. When I came to the front desk, all of the staff was vacuuming or cleaning, which I don't feel warrants not being able to go upstairs to assist a guest. Finally, came check-out. The agent, Rahn, kept trying to withhold my final rate, accused me of having multiple guests in my room, (our group had several rooms blocked out, none with more than two guests) and refused to answer my questions about billing and rates. Needless to say, I left with a rancid taste in my mouth.

This is the second stay I have had at this hotel and it will likely be my last.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Devon W,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I apologize that you had an unpleasant experience with the customer service. I can assure you that this is certainly not the norm. Please know that I will discuss your comments with my staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Again thank you for your business and we truly hope you give us another chance to earn your loyalty.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here a while back when we visited Kings Island for a few days. Almost an identical experience this time as it was back then except our little one is now a toddler and the hotel is starting to show some wear. The rooms are still nice but the carpets need an update. The pool was still nice but needed some maintenance on it. I was disappointed to find out they did not have an onsite self serve laundry. All of our clothes were wet from getting caught in the rain and they had nothing to help us except direct us to the Holiday Inn next door! Sending someone to your competition next door is never a good idea. They might want to look at adding a couple of washers and dryers. Beds were still really comfortable and the TV was great for hooking up our BluRay player and watching movies at night on. I do like the changing selection at breakfast each morning. The food was above average. Over all still happy with our stay but we might start looking at other places in this same area that are newer, like the hotel next door!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Ohcoasterfreak,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will certainly share your comments with my staff and in the future we will make better recommendations about the laundry facilities. We just suggest that because it is the closest place to the hotel. Again thank you for your business and we hope to see you next time you are in the Cincinnati area!!