All reviewskings islandstay there againthe breakfast arearoom was cleanchoice hotelsamusement parkindoor poolnice hotelwithin walking distancemicrowave and coffee makerfree breakfastexercise roombagelseasy accesstop floorwi fishort drive
Reviewed August 6, 2007

This hotel is a great location to Kings Island. We chose this hotel because there were 5 of us needing the pull out couch. There actually ended up being 6 of us with 2 queen beds and the pull out couch. We were not overcroweded. The fridge was great to keep drinks for the kids and we did pop popcorn one night in the microwave. The comforters were somewhat stained and didn't look like they were cleaned. This seems to be common in all hotels and we always just throw them on the floor. The pull out couch was quite uncomfortable. The second night we put the matress on the floor to try to make it better, but it wasn't. The pool was small, but the kids had fun just the same. The breakfast was great for what it was. It sure saved money going out to eat, especially at Kings Island. We stayed in the last room on the first floor and could hear a lot of doors opening and closing in the morning. I think people were going outside to smoke since they cannot in the hotel. I guess I could stand the noise not to smell the smoke. Would recommend this hotel, but wouldn't want to stay here for an extended time.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank td822
Reviewed July 25, 2007

This past weekend, my husband and I decided to spend a few days at King's Island and just returned from a vacation full of memories - and some of those pleasurable moments stem from our stay at this Comfort Suites.

Not only is it mere minutes from the amusement park (literally a 2-3 minute drive), it happens to be one of the cleanest hotels we've ever seen. From a spotless bathroom to spruced up bedsheets, everything was so remarkably clean it was amazing. Our room contained two television sets, a king-sized bed, a microwave, a safe, ironing board, hair dryer, a living room area, a dining area complete with table and four chairs, and a kitchen area... and get this, it had a full sized RANGE and REFRIGERATOR! Full sized! Never before had we stayed in a hotel that offered such amenities at a reasonable price - approximately $100 with a AAA membership. It's also right next to a Speedway which proves beneficial if you ever find yourself (or your car!) in need of fuel - be it cheap drinks and chips or gasoline, respectively.

Breakfast differed each day that we stayed there (three in total), ranging from eggs and french toast to sausage biscuits. A decent selection of both hot and cold foods was available; however, their juices (orange, apple, cranberry) were all extremely watered-down... but it's nothing really to complain about. After all, it's a free breakfast. The pool was open until 10 PM, and even though we did not use it, we will say that from the lobby it looks relatively small.

The staff members were EXCEPTIONALLY considerate and friendly, opening doors for us, offering us advice on the King's Island, etc. Even the maid stopped us in our hall at one point to offer us additional towels if we needed them, wishing us a good day.

All in all, if you happen to be looking for a hotel close to King's Island or are simply searching for a clean, friendly place to stay, consider Comfort Suites of King's Island. It's definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BeyondEternity
Reviewed June 6, 2007

Nothing spectacular about the hotel. If you are looking for a nice, centrally located, safe hotel----with very nice rooms at a decent price, this hotel will suit you fine.

Stayed: November 2005
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We stayed one night here because of a function in neighboring Mason. This would be a good spot for King's Island visitors. However, if you had a group of kids, be aware that the indoor pool is very small.

Our room on the second floor had a very large crack in the glass- it spanned the entire length of the window. The staff were aware of it and said that it was slated for repair in the near future. Other than that, the room was okay and clean. It had a hair dryer, ironing board, safe, mini frig/microwave and a small coffee pot. A limited continental breakfast is available in the lobby. I though the bed and linens were not very comfortable. However, my sleep was interrupted often times by traffic noise and slamming of doors, people moving around. The insulation is pretty bad.

On a positive note, the staff was very polite and helpful. I had to kill a few hours and they pointed me toward a walking path to the movie theatre and checked my bag for free. There are several restaurants within walking distance, including Ruby Tuesday, Outback Steakhouse, Bob Evans and Taco Bell.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank LLindaC
Reviewed June 4, 2006

We spent two nights in this hotel. The room was large and comfortable, and the staff was nice. Unfortunately, the staff was perhaps too nice. The noise level was intorable. The hotel was accomodating a bus full of young girls who were allowed to run wild and misbehave. When other hotel gues complained (we were not the only ones), the staff just asked that we wait a few minutes because they would settle down after awhile. We waited 45 minutes for them to settle down before complaining again. It sounded like the kids in the room above us were going to come through the ceiling. We witnessed the poor manners and lack of control by chaperones the next morning at breakfast. We felt sorry for the staff, but felt that they should have put their foot down regarding some of the behavior.

The only other complaint I have about the hotel was that the pool was very, very small. Pictures of the pool that we saw were very deceptive.

We spent $104 plus to not sleep for two nights. I don't know if I will return. If I do, I will ask the desk before I check in whether they are accomodating kids on a school/church function. Beware of noise levels if you need a good nights sleep.

Stayed: June 2006