I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites in Mason, OH for two nights as part of a “guys weekend” trip. I was a bit nervous about picking it due to the mixed reviews here on TA. However, the property’s location was perfect for our plans (Kings Island, Zoo, Reds Game, Movies, Etc.) so I went ahead and booked it up. I am very glad to have done so. We had an excellent experience.
Staff was friendly and efficient. We had 4 guys in a two queen bed suite and none of us had any complaints. While I wouldn’t say that the accommodations were “opulent”, they certainly were “professional” and on par with just about every other 3 or 4 star hotel I’ve stayed at. The room was clean and spacious. There were no signs of any wear or tear in our unit (206). The bathroom was very large and had a great showerhead with excellent water pressure and temperature. The air conditioner was cold and forceful. As desired, we managed to turn the room into an igloo pretty quick. The beds were soft and linens were fresh. The room was quite contemporary in its styling. However, it’s probably time for CS to switch out the 70s-inspired gold bedspreads as they simply don’t match the rest of the décor. The room featured a mini-fridge, microwave, flat-screen tv, safe and sofabed in addition to the two queen beds. Though small, the pool was just fine as was the exercise equipment. The free breakfast was great and had a larger selection than I was anticipating. The only negative experience (if you can even call it that) is that when we initially entered our room, it smelled like the carpets & furniture had just been professionally cleaned. We knew this was a good thing and got used to it after just a few moments and were happy that it smelled “clean” instead of the alternative.
As mentioned earlier, this Comfort Suites has just about the best location you could ask for. Exceptionally easy access right off of I-71. The properly is within easy walking distance of half a dozen restaurants and several gas stations. If you look out your window, you can see Kings Island and its rides operating. You can be there in less than 2 minutes! A five minute car ride will get you to even more restaurants, movie theaters and fun. Ten minutes and you are at the zoo. Less than half an hour and you can be in downtown Cincinnati sitting at the ballpark. This hotel is in the middle of it all. We booked several weeks in advance from the official Comfort Suites website and got the room for less than $100 a night. It was a steal if you ask me.
The next time we return for some fun in the Cincinnati area, you can be sure we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently renovated Comfort Suites Kings Island features full suites complete with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, sofa sleepers, 32-inch high definition televisions, and working and living areas. It offers the perfect location and provides convenient access to area attractions and is surrounded by three major restaurants that make the Comfort Suites hotel a great place for business and leisure travelers in the Mason area. Make a reservation with us today and enjoy all we have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites - Kings Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites- Kings Island Hotel Mason
- Comfort Suites Mason
- Mason Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites - Kings Island Mason, Ohio