$99
$89
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$48
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$77
$70
$93
$90
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$134
$68
$59
QualityInn
$300
All reviewskings islandstay there againthe breakfast arearoom was cleanchoice hotelsamusement parkindoor poolnice hotelwithin walking distancemicrowave and coffee makerfree breakfastexercise roombagelseasy accesstop floorwi fishort drive
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here previously in past, probably two other times. This time, got in there about 10 pm. Went to go to bed and realized blanket on one bed had a large brown crusty place about the size of a golfs ball-- nasty!!! Then rolled the sofa bed out and found sheets had hair and fresh stains on sheets. Called desk and guy came up and have us a new sheet for sofa. A/C wasn't working right and it was set on 68 degrees but it felt about 75-80 degrees in room. Reported this problem as well. When I checked out, they had given us a 20% discount. Got home next day and realized my son had left a Reds baseball autographed by a Reds player that he got signed night before at a Reds game. I was unaware that he had put the ball in the nightstand to protect it from getting stolen. He did not tell us he did this. We called hotel when we got home and reported this. The hotel guy laughed at us and said the new guests were probably asleep. We called next morning and Manager told us it wasn't found. She called guests in room and they denied finding the ball. Also it was not in lost and found. My guess is the same maids that didn't change out our linens properly were the recipients of a baseball that has upset a young boy!! Hope they can live with their choice!! All I know is that we will never go back there and will discourage everyone we can to stay away from there!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Tamara C, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the problems with the room. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure all rooms are properly cleaned before a guest’s arrival. It is unsatisfactory that there were stains and a large brown crusty place on the blanket. We take this very seriously and we are glad you reported it so we could change the bedding for you. For your inconvenience, we took the 20% off of your stay. We take each complaint seriously and do everything possible to make sure each guest is completely satisfied.

In regards to the Reds baseball, I was notified by our night auditor that you called at 12:15am about the baseball. At that time of night, it is too late to call a guest’s room out of courtesy to the guest staying there so he did not call that night. I spoke to the guests the next morning and they did not find the ball in the night stand. We did everything we could to find the missing ball and unfortunately it was not found. I can ensure you that no housekeeper on my staff would ever take such an item from a guest. We are deeply saddened that you feel this way and will continue to take all steps looking forward to make sure our guests needs are taken care of. We hope you reconsider in the future, and if we can do anything for you, please let us know.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had checked into the King's Island Resort which was a total dump. We went next door and the manager got us a room that was 100% better! The price was the same, but the room was so clean. The beds were comfortable, the pool was nice, the breakfast was included and very filling. We wish we would have saved the time and effort by planning to stay here from the start.

Room Tip: If you stay on the front side of the building you can see the fireworks at King's Island at night!
1  Thank ArtTurner
Tamara C, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We are very glad we were able to save the trip for you! It was with great pleasure to have you here to enjoy our hotel. We also appreciate the room tip for future travelers, we hear a lot about how good the view is from the front side of the building and we always try to put our guests there. We look forward to having you back for your future trips to Kings Island, and if we can do anything to assist you, please let us know!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a couple of nights because we were in town for a wedding. The room was over $130, first off our air conditioner didn't seem to be working. In the morning we figured we would have a nice hot breakfast because of how expensive the hotel was. Not true. Everything was old and stale. The eggs were crusty and hard, the bagels were stale, and the orange juice was watered down. We didn't eat there the next morning. The shower had hair in it from the previous stay. When checking out we weren't able to use the fast check out because no one answered the phone. We checked out and the lady looked really hung over and not happy. She gave us a "goodie" bag with apples, water, and granola bars. The apples were rotten. I would never stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank mallyelaine

I would like to apologize for your unpleasant stay here. We work hard to make sure every guest is happy and their needs are taken care of. Regarding the price of the hotel, our average summer rate of $129 is competitive with the other hotels in the area. The location, in relation to Kings Island is reflected in the prices. I am sorry to hear you did not like our breakfast, our breakfast staff works hard to make sure fresh food is out there for our guests throughout the morning. I can tell you that our food is always fresh, we check dates and have written daily logs in our kitchen to ensure all food is maintained at the proper temperatures and to make sure we rotate the food to avoid stale items. Our Grab N Go Bags are dated and inspected daily to make sure there are no rotten fruits in them. Regardless, we take responsibility for your bad experience and have taken note of each one of your critiques so that they will not happen to a future guest. If we can do anything to earn your trust back for a future stay, please contact us because we would like to show you what a truly great hotel we are and make all the wrongs you listed right.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We spent July 2-4 here for a short trip with our young kids to Kings Island. I had really looked for another place with a separate room for the kids and maybe a hot tub but couldn't find anything as close to Kings Island. So the location of this hotel and the fact that we had young kids made this hotel the winner when it came to booking.

CHECK IN- was VERY quick, 30 seconds maybe, and the clerk for friendly. We had room 127, on the the lower floor. About 4 rooms down from the pool, and near a side exit door, which we liked. We walked to dinner across the street that night to Ruby Tuesday and I would highly recommend if it you stay at this hotel.

POOL - After dinner the kids an I went to the pool. My kids had fun at the pool despite that there were at least 8 kids diving in from all over the place while parents watched. The pool is small, but okay as long as people are being safe. We stayed there so long that we soon had the pool to ourselves and the kids slept great that night. The second night I went in with them after a day a KI , and it felt great. There are enough places to sit and watch the kids. Towels were plentiful, and restocked during busy times.

BREAKFAST - Your average hotel breakfast. It was adequate and had waffles, juice, toasts , bagels, oatmeal, muffins, cereal and fruits. The first day there were sausage patties and what was supposed to be maybe an omelet hotel style, eggs folded over with cheese in the middle. The next morning there was ham and eggs. My husband and I turned that into a "mcmuffin" .

ROOMS - The rooms had a larger fridge than I expected , microwave, and a newer style panasonic tv. Large bathroom that made me think we received a handicapped room, I did have plenty of space to hang things to dry. The desk was large and the desk chair was comfortable.

WORN ! I need to get this across. The rooms are worn. They were adequate for our stay but worn. The yellow bedspread has white piping, that is more of a dirty white now. The carpets are worn. The lampshade was dirty. The couch in our room seemed like it needed it's fabric cleaned. The seating in the breakfast area including the chair cushions and the couches near the t.v.'s either need to be replaced, or at the least professionally cleaned. They have a light layer of dirt appearance to them. The doors were just old looking to the bathroom. I blame none of this on the employees because the rooms were clean. Choice Hotels if you are reading this, this hotel is in a very busy tourist area, you would do your guests a favor by updating the hotel.

NOISE - Room 127 on the bottom floor, is connected to room 125. I would only EVER recommend this hotel room if you like to gamble, or if you rent room 125 as well. During our first night after we had all gone to sleep, there was very loud talking around 11:30 pm. Kids running around and screaming, people talking loudly and banging things, people just being plain rude for what time it was. My kids would have had marching orders of silence and to get into bed. My husband said something to the front desk. I have no idea if the people in room 125 were spoken to about the problem. In part, I blame the connected doors to our rooms. There is a door on our side that needs unlocked, and a door in room 125 that needs unlocked. Sound travels. The second night we were awoken again in the middle of the night by a child's tantrum. The adults were trying to calm the child this time and finally everything quieted down. You can hear stomping above you. It wasn't too bad for us, but it was there.

My husband didn't like the beds. He tossed and turned all night. My back hurt the second night. He also didn't like the pillows. He compared them to a pillow you might have had since the 7th grade. I would say they give each person two, and to be comfortable, you need the two. The blankets smelled heavily of bleach. Which is good and bad depending on how you look at it. Housekeeping was attentive and asked us if we wanted our room cleaned on day two since we had the do not disturb sign up.

I very much liked the location, our kids were tired and we came back in the middle of a very hot day at the park to recharge. We had good restaurants around us, and the clerks were friendly and attentive. I just hope they get updated soon. It's clear this was another hotel at one point based on some of the earlier TA pictures. I have no idea how there was ever a kitchen in these rooms. They were just big enough for 4 of us as far as changing and relaxing.

I would recommend Marco's Pizza in that area. We ordered online and paid online and they delivered quickly, and it was really, really good. We found a coupon code online and got a deal on it as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a non connecting room to avert noise problems. Rooms 125, and 127 connect if you need connecting rooms. I suspect there are more also.
1  Thank btravel93
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Arrived at this hotel on June 24, 2012 early evening, only to find out the air hadn't been on all day (upper 90s) and room on 3rd floor so it was unbearably hot. Turned on air and left to let it cool. Come to find out, it wouldn't cool. Called down to desk, who said they would have it looked at/fixed in the morning as there was no one there to work on it. Then the TV just stopped working. Called back down, said this is unacceptable. They said, so sorry, we'll comp your room and have it addressed tomorrow. The next morning, after getting no sleep as room didn't remotely cool off until 4 am, showering was a challenge. The shower-head was a joke, and me having a lot of hair, couldn't begin to get shampoo out. That was it. I got thru, went downstairs and asked/demanded another room or was going to have to leave. So we changed rooms. To be fair, our second room was great. No problems with anything.
Then came the bill. On our second day, the manager called our room and said we would receive a 20% discount due to our problems. This was unexpected as this room was fine, but whatever, felt really good about this hotel. Departure morning, I found out I was charged full price for the 1st night??!!! Really??? Called down to front desk, who claimed to not know anything about "comping" our crap room and would have to check with manager. Manager called back and agreed to give 20% off that 1st night as well, but refused to comp our night with no air, no TV and faulty shower and no one to fix it....how understanding, NOT.
I'm left dis-satisfied, disgusted and with a bad feeling hanging over my vacation that I spent months looking forward to.
Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else. There is a Hampton Inn (that looks extremely nice on exterior) on this exit as well. I always check TripAdvisor before I make a reservation. This time it failed me. Hopefully, it won't fail you or ruin your vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back side have view of Kings Island fireworks every night. Wished we could have gotten one of those :(
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family