$56
Best Western Mason Inn(Mason)(Great Value!)
$71
$99
Hampton.com
$103
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$107
GardenInn.com
$119
$107
Hyatt.com
$180
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

All reviewskings islandstay there againroom was cleanchoice hotelsamusement parkindoor poolnice hotelwithin walking distancefree breakfastmicrowave and coffee makerexercise roombagelseasy accesstop floorwi fishort driveoff the highway
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding. The staff was very helpful giving us tips of where good local places are for night life. Breakfast was good and the fitness center was very nice. About 20 mins to downtown, easily accessible by way of rt.71. Close to Kings Island for anyone who may be visiting and they haved discount tickets.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Kate819
Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel is off the beaten path unless you are going to King's Island, which we not. However, once we got there, the front desk staff was super, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice and kept well stocked. Certainly a keeper.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank beebee75
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The hotel itself is fine. I could nitpick about the parking lot potholes and a couple of other things, but basically we've been happy with the hotel, its location and value each time we've stayed there.
HOWEVER - the last time we visited, I had a couple of issues with the employees. The young man at the front desk ignored us on arrival as he carried on a long conversation on the phone, until I said something. Upon returning home, when I realized I left an item belonging to one of my kids, the low-level people I got on the phone couldn't help me. One then left a message for the general manger...who returned my call after 11 p.m. at night, which I consider way too late to call strangers.
When I was sent a survey by the hotel chain a few days after our stay, I noted these two issues. I didn't raise a stink or ask for any compensation, just noted them in the hopes that it would help improve their customer service in the future.
Apparently Tamara, the general manager, was PO'd that I complained because she called my cell and home phones a couple of days later. It so happens that I was sick in bed following surgery that day, making this an unwelcome intrusion. When my husband politely took her call, the first thing she said was that she'd "gotten a complaint against her" about calling so late. Rather than apologizing, she was defensive and had an excuse.
In what seemed a retaliatory gesture, she said we'd either have to come get the item I left at the hotel (100 miles away), pay to have it shipped (probably more than $25 for an item costing about that much) or they would dispose of it. Fair enough if that's their policy, but that's not what she'd said a few days before.
I'm sad that this incident will probably keep us from staying at this hotel in the future. I wish they would train employees better in customer service and appropriate conduct.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ms4All
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times, visiting Cincinnati attractions and King's Island. It is very close to King's Island, and a good value. My husband is a bed-bug-phobic. We did "the check" upon entering the room. This means that the kids and I took a flashlight and checked the beds (yanking back the sheets), the mattresses, the boxsprings, between the beds and the walls, the drawers, the couch, etc. We did not find evidence of any bugs.

The room itself is OK. There is a fridge, and microwave, which is very nice to have. The breakfast area was OK, but very crowded. We didn't even try to get to the waffle maker, the line was about 5-6 people long. From experience, I can tell you that it is much better when King's Island is closed. The free Wi-Fi was very good. The kids used the indoor pool, they were happy, so that's all that matters. I like the free coffee available 24 hours a day.

Most people who were staying there during our trip came down to breakfast in their PJ's. Also with bare feet. My husband HATES this. I mostly agree, adults at least should take a shower and get dressed before coming down. Please! This has not happened every visit. but it seems to be increasing, at least at this hotel. If this drives you crazy, be prepared. It may be increasing everywhere, I'm not sure.

The bottom line is, this is a nice, clean hotel, with no visible bedbugs (at least, as of October, 2010). Also, I have not seen any bugs since we got home, so I think it is safe to say we didn't bring anything home with us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Tiredmommaindiana
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed here two nights while we were at Kings Island and the Cincy area. Enjoyed our stay. Hotel was well-maintained and staff was friendly and helpful. Wasn't too noisy even though there were alot of kids staying here. Rooms were ok. We had a "suite" which really only consisted of a pull-out sofa. Beds were comfy and seemed clean. Pool area is inside and very small. Breakfast was pretty good, but was very busy with the Kings Islanders getting started. Just minutes away from Kings Island and other nearby attractions. Would most certainly stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family