“Best Hotel near Kings Island!!!”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Springfield, Ohio
“Best Hotel near Kings Island!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at a few hotels over the past couple years near K.I. and this is by far the best. Very clean. Plenty of space in room. Only a few negatives: 1) only one room key worked this past stay. No big deal but took us 5 minutes to figure it out; 2) frozen Yogurt left in the fridge from previous guest; 3) noisy in the hallway earlier than what we wanted. Breakfast here varies from day to day. This past stay it did not appeal to our taste, but that is just a matter of taste. Much nicer than any other area hotel. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Russiaville, IN
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel was very clean and well taken care of. It is very close to Kings Island and The Beach Waterpark - very easy access to either one. The breakfast was just perfect - eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal and pastries. Rooms were nice with queen size beds, coffeepot, microwave and small fridge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Charleston, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are going to Kings Island in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is by far the best place to stay for the price and convenience. The free breakfast is called continental but theirs more food choices than I have ever seen in any hotel before. Plus there are different items added each morning. The staff was great. It's as close to being at home as could be. I highly recommend this hotel and commend the staff as they are very friendly and ask you if they can help in any way before you ask them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I love hearing my staff took great care of our guest, thank you for taking the time to let us know
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I first walked into the lobby to see kids flinging water so much out of the pool that it was splashing up on the window. My first thought was oh great here we go. I had to remind myself where the hotel was located and to take a deep breath.

I start to go to my room to notice the hallway smells like an ashtray. At some point even a teenage girl mentioned I thought this was a non smoking place. You know it must be bad if they commented on it. Yuck. Talk about bad for my allergies... I then open the door to my room and look in the bathroom. Plug in the bathroom is blackened by a short circuit or someone stuck something in it. The bathtub was mildewed. I was not a happy camper. I told the front desk about the plug the next morning and come back to my room to still see blackened plug. I was able to book a room finally at my normal business hotel and was able to check out early.

This is not a comfortable hotel for the weary business traveler.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Hotel access, staff, quietness and free breakfast-All Excellent. Lots of fine dining and moderate priced restaurants near by. Near perfect temperature of pool and whirlpool. Friendly staff that appreciates the business traveler. Then you also get the warm cookie! Well Done! Kevin from Iowa June 2014

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed for 2 nights to go to Kings Island and Soak City. The 1st room we were in had a leak in the shower and no water pressure to shower with. When made aware of the problem they immediately switched us to a connecting adjoining room and even offered to let us still use the beds in the room with the bad shower for the kids. Staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. Well worth the price paid and we would definitely recommend it. If you want to catch a movie go to Deerfield Regal. Very nice theater.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was an average Hampton Inn. The sheets were a 60/40 blend whereas 100% cotton is better. The A/C did not function at a high level, thereby leaving the room stuffy. Breakfast could have been much better if they'd used fresher and higher-quality ingredients. (I've had better breakfasts at other Hampton Inns). It's in a good location and the service is good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple