“~Free Breakfast~Great Staff~Exceptional Hotel~”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are going to Kings Island in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is by far the best place to stay for the price and convenience. The free breakfast is called continental but theirs more food choices than I have ever seen in any hotel before. Plus there are different items added each morning. The staff was great. It's as close to being at home as could be. I highly recommend this hotel and commend the staff as they are very friendly and ask you if they can help in any way before you ask them.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

I love hearing my staff took great care of our guest, thank you for taking the time to let us know

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I first walked into the lobby to see kids flinging water so much out of the pool that it was splashing up on the window. My first thought was oh great here we go. I had to remind myself where the hotel was located and to take a deep breath.

I start to go to my room to notice the hallway smells like an ashtray. At some point even a teenage girl mentioned I thought this was a non smoking place. You know it must be bad if they commented on it. Yuck. Talk about bad for my allergies... I then open the door to my room and look in the bathroom. Plug in the bathroom is blackened by a short circuit or someone stuck something in it. The bathtub was mildewed. I was not a happy camper. I told the front desk about the plug the next morning and come back to my room to still see blackened plug. I was able to book a room finally at my normal business hotel and was able to check out early.

This is not a comfortable hotel for the weary business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Hotel access, staff, quietness and free breakfast-All Excellent. Lots of fine dining and moderate priced restaurants near by. Near perfect temperature of pool and whirlpool. Friendly staff that appreciates the business traveler. Then you also get the warm cookie! Well Done! Kevin from Iowa June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed for 2 nights to go to Kings Island and Soak City. The 1st room we were in had a leak in the shower and no water pressure to shower with. When made aware of the problem they immediately switched us to a connecting adjoining room and even offered to let us still use the beds in the room with the bad shower for the kids. Staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. Well worth the price paid and we would definitely recommend it. If you want to catch a movie go to Deerfield Regal. Very nice theater.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was an average Hampton Inn. The sheets were a 60/40 blend whereas 100% cotton is better. The A/C did not function at a high level, thereby leaving the room stuffy. Breakfast could have been much better if they'd used fresher and higher-quality ingredients. (I've had better breakfasts at other Hampton Inns). It's in a good location and the service is good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very good location, nicely maintained, no issues. If you are looking for a nice place to stay close to Kings Island. It is also not far from Cincinnati and was nicer that the hotel we stayed at downtown for far less.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian S
Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking time to say sucj good things about our hotel! We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My fridge stayed full of water from the time I checked in until I checked out. No fixing replacing or cleaning it from the staff at all. There was remodeling occurring at this hotel during my stay. From my room on the 3rd floor I witnessed the construction crew spraying off their paint rollers, brushes, and buckets in a corn field next door. They then proceeded to dump buckets of either chemicals or dirty water etc. into the same corn field. I have the video of it happening. I did not have time while I was there on business but when I return in June I plan on tracking down the owner of the corn field and sharing the video.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Derick T
Sheila R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff and contrators. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.