“Personal belongings riffled through. Unsatisfied Obviously.”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Federal Way, Washington
“Personal belongings riffled through. Unsatisfied Obviously.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Whoever had access to my room while I was gone during the day went through my personal belongings. Unsatisfied Obviously.

I stayed for 2 weeks on business
I have a locking suitcase
I put everything in it and lock it every day and roll the code to all 000'swhen I leave
on week 2 suitcase was unlocked and a cheap pair of sunglasses were missing.
Changed code on suitcase that night rolled code back to all 000's
Next day code was rolled to old combination but obviously still locked because of new combination

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Javier A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. The reported incident is not condoned, and has been reviewed by Management. At your convenience, please contact us at cvgki_hampton@hilton.com in order to rectify this issue further.

R. Javier Álvarez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Typical of Hampton Inns, very clean, reasonable breakfast, not super fancy. It has an indoor pool, which looked nice but as hotel pools usually are, this was unused. The actual location is about half way between Cincinnati and Dayton which was ideal for my business trip but may not be ideal for reaching downtown Cincinnati. It is about 45 minutes to an hour from either the Dayton or the Cincinnati airports.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn Kings Island. We hope you had a great time during your visit. If there is anything that we could do to make your next stay better, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed February 10, 2013

There were a couple of minor problems upon check-in, but Javier who works at the desk at night, was very helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and pleasant, and breakfast was very good. I travel to The Cincinnati are a few times per year, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your most recent review. We strive to meet the needs of each and everyone of our guests and we love to hear back from them when we do! I apologize for the check-in process not being smooth but am glad that Javier helped take care of the issue. Please let us know if we could do anything to make your next stay an even better experience.

Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

There is nothing special about any Hampton Inn, as they are all maintained and operated to very high hotel standards. Kings Island was very clean, the room was spacious and comfortable. The hot breakfast is always rewarding in the morning as you can get a quick start to a long day's drive. Hotel staff are friendly and efficient. A coyote walked by the hotel in the early morning just as the sun was rising...he was looking for breakfast amongst the grasses. There are some pretty good restaurants nearby and the hotle has an extensive menu list for previewing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay at the Hampton Inn Kings Island! We take pride in our excellent amenities and customer service, as well as our great location. Your kind words are much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Accomadations were nice, but what really got this place an excellent review was the front desk help. We arrived late at night with two children and as my wife was removing one of the kids from the car seat her wedding band slipped off. We quickly got the kids settled into bed and I returned to the car to look for the ring. I asked the front desk for a flashlight which they provided. I spent several minutes looking in the parking lot and in the car when one of the front desk workers came out with another flashlight to help me look for the ring. Within 10 minutes he found it in our lower storage area. I didnt ask him to help look for the ring, but I am sure glad he did. It was a great relief and the employee obviuosly when above and beyond his typical duties. Me and my wife are grateful for it. We will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave S
Javier A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to note your satisfaction with our service at the Hampton Inn Kings Island. We strive to go above and beyond our guests' expectations for a relaxing stay while away from home. I understand it was a frustrating experience to lose something of very important meaning and value. It was my pleasure to help you locate the lost wedding band. We look forward to your family's next future visit.

Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

After leaving another hotel nearby due to dirty rooms, this was so nice to see a clean room with everthing so nicely laid out and comfortable. Great TV and quiet too. They keep up a decent breakfast too so enjoy it when you stay there! The people there were so friendly and helpful that you can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Third floor in the back overlooks open space and was very quiet!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tim1047
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Kings Island. We appreciate your business and the time you took in posting comments on Trip Advisor.

I have reviewed your responses and am pleased to see that we met your expectations. We work diligently to be the cleanest and friendliest in the area. Thank you for the generous rating you gave on our service and cleanliness. We put much focus on those areas.

Take care and we look forward to having you back soon.

Thanks,
SWANTON
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I should have believed the negative reviews. I stay at Hamptons frequently, but this property was a dud. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk said “I’m putting you in a really quite room” – since we had to change quickly and drive to another location for a fundraiser, we didn’t really notice too much negative about the room or the property as a whole. However, upon our return, we settled in for the evening – about 2:30 in the morning a group of at least four people continually walked up and down the exit stairs, slamming doors and continued to have a conversation in the hall until well after 4:00am. It almost seemed like these characters were part of a prostitution ring. Finally, someone down the hall opened the door and yelled for them to take it outside. Needless to say, we got very little sleep. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Not up to par with standard Hampton Inns.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TINA N
Javier A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I’ve taken your feedback to our Front Desk staff for review. I do hope the next time you return to the Mason, OH you consider staying with us again.

Thank you.