“aging hotel”

Hampton Inn Marysville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marysville
Reviewed January 27, 2013

this is an aging hotel as far as the rooms are concerned. My room had a marginally effective heater and dark dingy carpet that was ready for replaceent.
My room was cold when I arrived at 11 PM, I turned on the heat hi /max and went out for dinner. 90 min later when I returned it was still cold.
Dirty marks/ stains in tub were not inviting. It had been cleaned but not carefully enough.
Bed was OK. Linens were clean

Door slammed really fast and loudly when allowed to close on its own.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
hampton99, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. In addition, I do apologize if you had any inconveniences with you’re A/C unit. I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our maintenance team.

Again, I thank you for your review and I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a great Hampton Inn. I was there on business and the location could not be better. There are several restaurants nearby and plenty to do right around the hotel.

The only issue a I had was there were smoking rooms on the same floor as me and I could catch a whiff of rooms as I entered my hallway. Other than that, great business stay.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean but it had carpet, which I don't personally care for but It is hard to find a hotel room without carpet. The continental breakfast had waffles, eggs, cereal, pastries, fruit, etc. All the food was fresh and clean and tasted great. The only gripe I have is that the pillows were very thin and WAAAY to soft. I would stay there again. OH YEAH, it is only 15 minutes from Honda so if you are going there for business, it's a convenient place to stay for work.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We loved the hotel. Staff was super nice even asked us at check in if we would like to have a different room since there was going to be a group who were having a party next to our room. The room was super clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast a great...lost of choices! Staff was super friendly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
hampton99, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your favorable response on our Trip Advisor survey. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to hear that we did just that during your stay. I hope that you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity. Thank you again for your kind words. Have a great day!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently traveled through Marysville, OH for business and I was pleased with the overall look of the hotel; staff were a little robotic plus I waited close to 15 minutes for someone to respond to the front desk in order for me to check in. Room was spacious and nice but the internet was PAINFULLY slow! If you are traveling for business and need to work on your computer - plan on waiting 5 to 10 minutes for each page to load! Also the water pressure could use some adjustment; travelers needing to get out & on their way can't afford to waste time with 20 minute showers. All in all the hotel could use improvements; wi-fi speed, water pressure, and check in politeness. Will most likely not stay here again if need to travel through this location. Also bed was extremely uncomfortable - cheapest mattress on the planet. I could feel every spring from my ankles up to my neck!

If you need to stay overnight for business travel, there are 4 or 5 other options within the city to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
hampton99, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marysville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. If you return to the area we hope you will consider staying with us at again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I LOVE staying at a Hampton Inn and this was no exception! The service was great! Especially from the housekeeping staff who made sure we were well stocked with toiletries and towels. The front office staff wasn't as nice but they were friendly enough. The business center is very convenient. The breakfast area is VERY nice! And what a nice selection of foods. We were there for a weekend so we had breakfast twice. I remember having soft boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, oatmeal, they even had miso soup and instant rice! The first I've seen at a Hampton Inn. The breakfast staff was also VERY hospitable, always had a smile on their face and kept the food well stocked. All in all, I had a great time and would definitely recommend this over the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend- the hotel was fairly quiet. Our room was spacious with extra seating, a desk, a large bathroom- very comfortable. There was a large selection of breakfast items. The pool area is very nice and the gym is okay by business hotel standards- a few cardio machines and some weights.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marysville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marysville
#3 of 5 in Marysville
#1 of 3 in Bellefontaine
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
Super 8 Marysville
Super 8 Marysville
#4 of 5 in Marysville

Been to Hampton Inn Marysville? Share your experiences!