“pretty good north carolina bbq.”
Review of Conways BBQ - CLOSED

Conways BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“pretty good north carolina bbq.”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

if you not looking for n.c. bbq, its not for you. it good. very affordable. really need to get rid of CHEAP sandwich buns. i like n.c. bbq pulled pork so i like it. not a bad place.

Pennsylvania
“The Best In OHIO!”
Reviewed March 13, 2008

I travel frequently with my work and have had great BBQ in the South. I was extremely surprised to find "Real Authentic" Southern BBQ in Ohio. Conway's will be a regular stop when i am in the Columbus area.

Marion, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hoggies wanna be”
Reviewed March 6, 2008

Our family goes out to eat once a month. Recently, we selected Conways BBQ since my husband is quite the fan of a good pulled pork meal.

We had no wait which should have been my first clue. The service was friendly and prompt. Our beverage glasses were never empty.

I ordered a dish of pulled pork nachos, which in the description stated potato slices covered with pulled pork and cheese. Cheese in my book is shredded or cubed cheese, not the nasty cheese sauce. I had to scrap off the cheese sauce as it totally destroyed the taste of the pork. For dessert, I ordered pie a la mode. The pie was brought out with a little styrofoam tub of ice cream, like you get in the hospital that I was suppose to scoop out and put on the pie. Pretty pathetic.

My husband said his pork wasn't too bad, but it is in no comparison to the OK cafe's pork or Hoggies.

Maybe it was because we went during the first 6 weeks of opening, but I think they need to upgrade their method of menu delivery.

I doubt we'll be back.