“A rough night at the Country Inn and Suites”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Marion
Bowling Green OH
“A rough night at the Country Inn and Suites”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in Marion for work and booked my room with the front desk before I stayed. She said I would be able to negotiate my price the next morning with the manager (I would be staying for approximately 3 months).

The front desk (Heather??) was nice and helpful. Unfortunately, I did not have internet service all night long. After consulting the front desk, I was told that my only recourse was to call an 800 number given by the hotel--after multiple calls to the help center (which took a great deal of time) I spoke with "some dude" who stayed on the line long enough to get my internet to start working. As soon as he hung up I was once again without service. Very frustrating when you NEED TO DO WORK!!!!! I asked the front desk if anyone else was having issues...she said no. I went outside and saw that my entire wing of the hotel was dark---if there is nobody there, then yes, nobody would have connectivity issues!!!

In the morning I was able to connect to the neighboring business' wireless service, but Country Inn's was still spotty as best.

When I spoke with the manager, she was completely dismissive of my issue saying that if she had been there the night before she would have seen if the internet was working on the computer in the Lobby----as if that would have solved all of my problems. She basically said that the problem must have been on my end. I never have connectivity issues at any other hotel.

Anyhow, after all this, she reduced my rate by a meager 10%. Unacceptable. They lost a potential long-term customer and get a bad review.

The room was ok---no hd tv service, no programming guide, little soundproofing and my floor was actually slanted. Strange.

Bottom line: Expensive and terrible stay. Thanks for nothing Country Inn and Suites

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sheetal P, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay and for the disappointing service you received from our staff. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We have discussed this feedback with our staff to prevent a similar situation in the future. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed there last night and walked into our suit and was completely satisfied for the price. This place made my wife and I feel at home the whole time we was there. Our stay will be at country inn & suits for now on this place sold us on them. Awesome job to management at this resort I give you a 10, keep up the awesome work. See ya soon. Shawn B from indiana

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing & sharing your comments on our property! We take great pride in the Country Inn and Suites!!

I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us & we hope that you return soon! We look forward to your next stay.
Whitehouse, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very convenient and a nice place to stay for the money. The major downside of our stay was no internet during that evening and following morning, either wireless or in their business center. It was nicely decorated, clean with a great breakfast. It was very close to I 23 and especially in our back corner room we could hear every truck that passed since it was so close to the road. Another part of the hotel would likely not have had that issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front on the east side of the hotel for more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheetal P, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay in regards to the internet service being unavailable. The issue has since been resolved. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here two night last week while traveling to and from cedar point. This was a great location with plenty of local restaurants and grocery stores. Hotel was clean and quiet with a great breakfast both days. Beds were soft and comfortable. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheetal P, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Williamsburg VA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for 1 week in June, 2013 while visiting family. The staff were all very helpful and made me feel welcome and comfortable. Check-in was easy, as was check-out. My room (#214) was above the lounge area at the top of the stairs, overlooking the front parking lot. Although I could from time to time at the morning breakfast period hear the voices of folks downstairs, at all other times it was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Jackie and Shannon in housekeeping kept everything sparkling and in order. Linda in the kitchenette is a real sweetheart and will make you feel just like you belong there. I'm sorry I didn't get the names of the front desk staff, but they were all so pleasant and kind. There are several places to stay in Marion but I chose this place based on positive on-line reviews. I'm glad I did. I wasn't disappointed. I will stay here every time I come back to Marion.

Room Tip: Check-in is at 3 p.m. I tried early check-in at noon but had to come back after 3.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sheetal P, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this review, July 12, 2013

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed one night in June 2013, The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was okay, just a little close quarters.....but looks like they are making an addition to the front of the hotel.l The hotel is just off Route 23, a good location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheetal P, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We arrived on a Thursday night without advance reservations. The second floor was closed because they were re-carpeting, when I asked about noise the front desk clerk suggested the third floor might be quieter. We did not have any noise from other guests, but our room was at the end of the hallway nearest the highway, therefore road noise. Also, the hotel has recently been switched to all "non-smoking" which is a good thing, but the 3rd floor rooms were formerly smoking rooms. Although not overwhelming, I could still smell smoke in the linens when it came time for bed.

That said, the staff was very helpful and the cook/breakfast room hostess was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Stay away from the end near the highway for less noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sheetal P, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Royalton Inn & Suites
Royalton Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Upper Sandusky
Sleep Inn & Suites Galion, OH

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion? Share your experiences!