“Nice and quaint hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This hotel had nice service. It was very clean. The bed was very comfortable, I slept very well. It was quiet. Breakfast was included which was great. It was close to many restaurant and shops which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Nice hotel if you are in Marion, OHIO
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
MNNOH, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for posting a great review about our Hotel. We love to hear when guests are pleased with their stay and hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon!
Staff & Mgmnt

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We always stay here when we come to visit our grandparents.
We stayed here this past weekend. We got checked in pretty quickly. The lady at the front desk ( I believe it was Alana) was very sweet and super helpful. We had booked a room for our parents as well. And we wanted to be on the same floor. And she helped us out with that.
The rooms were clean. And the bathroom was clean. The bed was very comfortable! My husband wanted to take home the pillow very badly. :)
Overall, it was a great stay. And when we are in Marion again. We will stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RudyFamBam
MNNOH, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We love hearing from our guests! Thank you for the comments concerning our staff. We all love what we do here and love when it shows! We enjoyed having you here and look forward to you staying with us soon!

Staff and Management
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked my room and when I arrived the front desk was talking to me about traveling for work. I explained I was traveling for a funeral. She then gave me a special funeral rate that saved me $30!
As we were rushing to get packed and out the door the next morning my daughter left her IPod in the room and we didn't realize it until we were 15 minutes away. We received a phone call within minutes of our realization house keeping found the iPod and turned it in to the front desk and they called us to let us know they had it.
The facility was clean and was actually non smoking!!

• Stayed: November 2013
MNNOH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. our number one priority is to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of while you are away from home and I am pleased to hear that our team stepped up to the plate. Our guests and their comfort are the most important thing to us so it makes us happy to know that you received the wonderful service that you so deserve. We loved having you here and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Staff & management

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very nice hotel. I have never had a bad experience with any Holiday Inns Express. The free breakfast was excellent and although there was a large wedding party in the inn, the staff did a good job of keeping the buffet stocked and clearing tables in an efficient manner. We had a plumbing incident the second night of our stay and the lady at the front desk came up and gave us all manner of assistance and not any grief. The channels on the flat screen TV were HD channels for the most part and they get a gold star for that. The only thing I thought was weird is that the room didn't have a refrigerator. This is a good location, but the inn shares a parking lot with a Lowe's hardware store. Your GPS may not get you exactly there. Convenient location to all the eating places on Mount Vernon.

Room Tip: Select a room away from U.S. Highway 23. It will be lots quieter that way.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
MNNOH, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your experience at our Holiday Inn Express! Our number one priority is to ensure that our guests are taken care of while away from home.
Thank you for the comments concerning our staff. We strive for the best! I hope your travels will bring you to our hotel sometime in the future!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott the first night I was in town and was very disappointed. Decide to switch it up to the Holiday Inn and was very glad I did. Stayed in room 217, King jacuzzi suite and could not have been happier. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, quiet.... no complaints. Manager's reception was a nice touch and the staff was incredibly helpful and sincere. Will def be staying here next time!

Room Tip: Room 217 was my room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MNNOH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your experience at our Holiday Inn Express! We loved having you stay with us and happy to hear your stay was a pleasant one! We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed the evening of the 30th of August after reading the description of this property on the Holiday Inn Express website. The room I received (two queen beds) was not exactly as described. For one thing, there was no "stereo" in the room, just a simple clock radio. In addition, there was no "refrigerator", just an ice bucket & an ice machine down the hall.
This was also the first time I've stayed in a hotel/motel with key cards where every time I left the room I'd have to stop at the desk to have the key re-coded. The first time it happened I was asked "Did you have it in your pocket near your phone?" & I thought perhaps I had. So the next time I left the room I made sure I kept the room key in a pocket by itself. Returned to the room & voila! the key didn't work. This happened at least 5 times during the stay. Weird!
Otherwise the room was great. Comfy beds, nice shower, the exercise room/spa/pool looked decent & the free breakfast was par for the course for this kind of hotel. I may return, but I will definitely explore other options on my next visit to Marion.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
MNNOH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your survey informing us about your recent stay at our hotel. Our guests' satisfaction is extremely important to us. The only way we can improve our staff, our hotel, and our guests' experience is from valuable input from guests like you. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment. We would love to have you stay with us again! Your suggestions are being shared with the team. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Holiday Inn Express - Marion, OH

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff super helpful. Needed 1 room for Fri and Sat. Could only get Sat but asked to be on wait list. They called Fri afternoon after a cancellation. But it was for a suite. But they gave us the suite for both nites at regular room rate. Room was clean. Bathroom clean. Bed was great! We always stay here when coming to Marion.

• Stayed: July 2013
MNNOH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your experience at our hotel. I was happy to hear that we were able to meet your accomodations. We were delighted to have you stay with us and are happy to have made your stay a pleasant one. Looking forward to you staying with us again soon!

Holiday Inn Express - Marion, OH

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Royalton Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Upper Sandusky
Holiday Inn Express Bucyrus
Best Western Plus University Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion? Share your experiences!